Freshly made DLC is crashing. HELP!

VermillionRED

Question

So after finally getting tones made for my chart, I'm ready to test the guitar parts in game and see if it works....except that it doesn't.  The song I'm making is "311 - Creatures (For a While)"  It crashes right after I pass the tune check.  So I repackaged it.  Still crashes.  I decided to rebuild the .psarc file, thinking that I might have screwed something up along the way.  Crashes.  I've even tried repackaging it and getting rid of the "()" in the song title to see if it might be a naming issue. Hell, I've even repacked my repackages. Still crashes.  I've even tried packaging it with and without the bass chart.  I've even tried changing the DLC ID to a different DLC I own.

Editor on Fire reports no errors when I save everything and the same thing goes for Wwise.  Other custom DLC I have works just fine.  All three parts are charted, however I don't have the bass chart ready because I have yet to make a tone for it.  I simply wanted to test the guitar parts and their tones before moving on.  

I'm at my wits end and I've tried everything I can think of.  I'll happily provide the source files upon request so that I can get this fixed and ready to release.

I made a working version from the first .psarc you posted

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/402306273353428167/CD7F77D963139C5D1F8D8BA17914E8E72E07F039/

But I had to modify it.  I suppose thats why you didn't want to hand it out, so I won't post it anywhere unless you want it?

I imagine the unsnapped notes caused the fatal error.

To answer your question properly, I post because like most people on here that are actively answering questions, it gives me giggles to fix shit.

I can pm you the files I made to do this if you wanna finish it yourself, there is still a lot of work to do imo.  Lyrics, tones changes, more sections maybe...

And the score is so low because it took me a while to get into the groove :D

Unsnapped notes?  Care to elaborate?  Also I posted the latest revision above your post.  It has a decent amount of phrases and hopefully all the tone changes.  If you could please explain what you did, I would gladly appreciate it.  I know it still needs work of course.  The only reason I made this thread in the first place was because I couldn't test it while I was making it.

To share the same sentiment as LennyB.....its just too damn frustrating and stressful making customs when the tools are so complex and user unfriendly.

There is a function in EoF called Grid Snap.  You can turn it onn or off and set it to different time signatures.

Notes are "on grid" when they are snapped.  They can wander off grid for various reasons, because of the maths rounding when you are messing about with grid markers being one of the main ones.

Becuase of the very small time periods involved notes can appear visually on grid when they are technically not.

It has been noted that gems which are milliseconds off during key events in EoF (like new sections) can cause problems.

I did a lot of work to get it working, I basically made it from scratch.  I extracted your notes and stuck them in a new EoF project and fixed it up.

I too have had lots of issues trying to make customs, and sometimes you really do need to go back to the drawing board.

If you wanna fix it yourself try loading up your EoF project, then resnap the notes by

- Make sure Grid Snap is on (its in one of the menus, set it to 1/48 or something)

- Press Ctrl+A to select all

- Press Ctrl+Shift+R to resnap the notes (you'll notice them all line up nice)

You are welcome to my files if you want, but I got a feeling you wanna fix it yourself :D

• Like 1