Instant Chords?

MVega

Sorry for all the posts... but I really like this program, so I'm trying to figure out all of what it can do.

Is there a way to get 'instant' chords. That is, I place the cursor on the grid, call up a dialogue, choose the chord I want and EOF will construct it for me? That would make a huge difference in charting the rhythm track.

This isn't a bad idea.  I like EOF, but I'm not sure it's the best 'charter'.  My workflow for charting songs entails getting a guitar pro file and editing a new track in that file containing my 'chart'.  Whenever I need to update the song, I fix the guitar pro file and then re-import.  Maybe it's a little bass akwards, but editing in Tux Guitar,  I find, is way easier.  (Not to knock on EOF at all, mind you)

Not to say we shouldn't have the functionality in EOF, but maybe a good way to get what you are looking for until the feature is added to EOF.

For us poor people:  Tux Guitar FTW.

Ubuntu Studio FTW

http://ubuntustudio.org/

This kind of thing could get complicated fast. At a bare minimum are chord names, then what fingering to use, then what fret and string the chord is at. EOF can't properly compete with a program that is designed for creating guitar tablature and nothing else, when you compare some of the really specialized features like the chord creator in Guitar Pro.

It looks like TuxGuitar hasn't been updated since 2009? I still have to give it a try, haven't had the time yet.

It hasn't been updated, but the feature set of Guitar Pro hasn't changed all that much since GP 4 or 5, I don't think.  It's quite competent, and runs almost everywhere.  Oh, and it's free.  The big down fall is it can't open gpx files.  

...EOF can't properly compete with a program that is designed for creating guitar tablature and nothing else, when you compare some of the really specialized features like the chord creator in Guitar Pro...

Yeah, I try not to use EOF for editing because TG and GP are so much better at it.  Hats off to you, raynebc, for making the import process so painless. 

Ubuntu Studio FTW

http://ubuntustudio.org/