Locked Bachsmith II 5-Pack DLC 11/17/15

Unleashed2k

• Administrator

Bachsmith II – $5.99 / Steam

• Ludwig van Beethoven “Ode to Joy” (Anthony Martinez)
  • Frédéric Chopin “Funeral March” (Jarred McAdams) – Alt. Lead

• Jacques Offenbach “The Can-Can”(Jason Kocol)

• Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky “Notecracker Medley” (Brian Poedy)

• Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart “Symphony No. 40” (Greg Barr)

For more information please see our partner website: TheRiffRepeater.com

• Like 2

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

I truly can't wait to grab this one. And we have Chopin! There should be like Chopin 5-pack :D

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Administrator

I truly can't wait to grab this one. And we have Chopin! There should be like Chopin 5-pack :D

I just posted some Chopin, courtesy of Chet Atkins.

P.S., The dude at Riff Repeater who thinks the Mozart is jazz clearly doesn't know jazz. ;)

"scratch a bit of that Jazz", he did say a bit. bit = not 100% jazz...but jazzsmith would be nice. Anyways please be respectful towards TRR as they're one of our partners. :] 

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Incidentally, since it's just about impossible to find the jazz songs on this site due to a lack of a genre field in the database, how about giving us a Genres section in the Workshop next to the Discographies section? This would allow folks like me to post pages that list all the known songs for genres like country, disco, new age, jazz, blues, folk and classical. Since the genres field is never gonna happens, this would be a great resource for folks who want to be able to find songs of a certain genre, but who don't necessarily know the names of the artists that make that kind of music. And it requires no additional effort from the Dev staff either. People ask from time to time about such lists, and there's no obvious place to keep them. I had thought about creating new Social Groups for each of these, but I could never take the time to manage all of them. I can't imagine any opposition to an idea like this.

Personally, I think adding a Genres section in the workshop area would be a great idea.  In the meantime, if you were to start a social group just for the jazz genre, I would join in a heartbeat just to get exposure to music that I haven't taken the opportunity to fully explore, but have wanted to for quite some time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted some Chopin, courtesy of Chet Atkins.

P.S., The dude at Riff Repeater who thinks the Mozart is jazz clearly doesn't know jazz. ;)

"scratch a bit of that Jazz", he did say a bit. bit = not 100% jazz...but jazzsmith would be nice. Anyways please be respectful towards TRR as they're one of our partners. :] 

I'm aware of the relationship, but found his characterization bizarre. I own over 7000 jazz CDs, have listened to every one of them, and none of them remotely sound like this. Last year's Mozart via Ubisoft had a definite jazz feel, but not this one (at least not the two minutes of it that I was subjected to on YouTube - which starts off with a reggae feel). No worries. I'll post some real jazz before the end of the month so that he can hear the difference and update his post.

Incidentally, since it's just about impossible to find the jazz songs on this site due to a lack of a genre field in the database, how about giving us a Genres section in the Workshop next to the Discographies section? This would allow folks like me to post pages that list all the known songs for genres like country, disco, new age, jazz, blues, folk and classical. Since the genres field is never gonna happens, this would be a great resource for folks who want to be able to find songs of a certain genre, but who don't necessarily know the names of the artists that make that kind of music. And it requires no additional effort from the Dev staff either. People ask from time to time about such lists, and there's no obvious place to keep them. I had thought about creating new Social Groups for each of these, but I could never take the time to manage all of them. I can't imagine any opposition to an idea like this.

Well, since this awesome idea is just being ignored, I rescind my offer to make such pages. Nor am I am going to respond to any more requests for such lists. We don't need a new search engine that doesn't even provide a genre search. But we do need a way to find songs by genre. I'm throwing my hands up in the air in frustration because this has been an unaddressed problem here for nearly two years. My idea would have provided something that has been desperately needed since Feb 14, 2014, and it would have done so with very little effort on the part of the site owner and no effort by the devs. It would not have been a perfect solution (because a proper solution would involve modifying the database, etc.), but it would have been a vast improvement over the status quo.

Oh well.

I know it may feel like you're beating a dead horse with a right-handed wet noodle in your left hand, but I think it is a really good idea.  Maybe we should start a thread about it in the Workshop area itself and see where it goes.  I'm only one person, but you've certainly got my vote.

• Like 3

@ I'm totally on your side as well, if it's any consolation. We should definitely try to make it work.

We know this isn't the ideal - Dev time to work on the search functions has kind of tanked, but you can actually already do something - vaguely - like what is being requested already, so long as the CDLC post was tagged as the genre.

http://customsforge.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

Look at the second main box there, enter "jazz" in the "find tags" area, select "Submitted CDLC" as the forum to search and you'll get 30 results.

@ I'm totally on your side as well, if it's any consolation. We should definitely try to make it work.

We know this isn't the ideal - Dev time to work on the search functions has kind of tanked, but you can actually already do something - vaguely - like what is being requested already, so long as the CDLC post was tagged as the genre.

http://customsforge.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&search_in=forums

Look at the second main box there, enter "jazz" in the "find tags" area, select "Submitted CDLC" as the forum to search and you'll get 30 results.

True but what about a "Genres" section in the "Workshop" area like @ suggested? Wouldn't that be a good idea or is there some reason that your not talking about that?

Shouldn't be difficult to set up and would be a great place to put all those genre threads that are already cluttering up other places of the forum.

• Like 1

@ @@Aludog - I wasn't trying to defend anything - just pointing out that the ideal scenario can't happen immediately, and that a work around was possible within the existing tools available.

Apologies for not reading the entire thread fully - I was skimming - If I'd have noticed the suggested note about the workshop option, I'd have asked Tein to open it up earlier :-)

• Like 1

@ @@Aludog - I wasn't trying to defend anything - just pointing out that the ideal scenario can't happen immediately, and that a work around was possible within the existing tools available.

Apologies for not reading the entire thread fully - I was skimming - If I'd have noticed the suggested note about the workshop option, I'd have asked Tein to open it up earlier :-)

It's fine. It just seemed you were avoiding to address the easiest of all temporary solutions on purpose. What that purpose might have been eluded me, so I was asking directly. :D

• Administrator

For what it's worth, the Bachsmith II songs were never added to the CF database...

Fixed. Thanks.

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)