My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

First, which version of EOF do you have?

Secondly, the biggest problem is that GP can author a slide in without a starting point which is needed for EOF to author a slide properly (or import in this case).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

First, which version of EOF do you have?

Secondly, the biggest problem is that GP can author a slide in without a starting point which is needed for EOF to author a slide properly (or import in this case).

I have the latest version.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

So i've made some test, and yes that's how EOF handle those slide in with no starting fret.

The problem is that isn't correct in the first place and shouldn't be authored like that in any Tab.

I know that @@raynebc stated that changing the import logic to handle it properly would be complicated and the only suggestion i would have on that is that it only import the final note/chord and just get rid of the slide indication but that's mostly a personnal preferences, nothing more.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

So i've made some test, and yes that's how EOF handle those slide in with no starting fret.

The problem is that isn't correct in the first place and shouldn't be authored like that in any Tab.

I know that @@raynebc stated that changing the import logic to handle it properly would be complicated and the only suggestion i would have on that is that it only import the final note/chord and just get rid of the slide indication but that's mostly a personnal preferences, nothing more.

So what know? The Slides with out starting fret are in the offical tab too,that's just great.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Well, either you adjust the tab directly or you correct it in EOF like every good charter should do ;)

This tab was wrote by me and i don't know how to do it  in EOF . :(

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

This is indeed how it is intended to import slide into note techniques from GP files. Otherwise there is no way it could be shown in Rocksmith. Some of the open notes that are imported, such as in measure one are strange though. It may be a problem with how the file is authored, but if you send me that GP file I could take a look at it.

As far as how to edit the imported tab, take a look at the tutorials in EOF's help menu.

This is indeed how it is intended to import slide into note techniques from GP files. Otherwise there is no way it could be shown in Rocksmith. Some of the open notes that are imported, such as in measure one are strange though. It may be a problem with how the file is authored, but if you send me that GP file I could take a look at it.

As far as how to edit the imported tab, take a look at the tutorials in EOF's help menu.

ÖÖÖÖÖhhhhh,i don't see any words about this and there is a lot of letter and can't find it  :P

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Select like will sort that out in seconds.

For the

3/4

3/4

- Click on the first one

- Hit Shift + L

- Hit Ctrl + U

- Mark the number in the box whatever fret you would like it to slide to (I'd suggest 5)

For the

6/7

6/7

that should be

/7

/7

I would personally make them just

its the best way I found to make it look nice and play well in Rocksmith.

- Click on one of the instances

- Press Shift + L

- Press Ctrl + U

- Delete the number in the box and pres enter

- Now hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel up (to make them 7s)

- Now roll the mouse wheel down to get rid of any sustain

Sorted.  That must take 10 seconds :D

Obviously, you will need to look through the tab and make sure you didn't change anything that you didn't want changing, but you should really be going through it to sync and/or tidy other things up anyway.

As said above, there is a difference between GP tabs and Rocksmith charts, it requires human intervention in EoF.  It's just how it is :D

• Like 1

Select like will sort that out in seconds.

For the

3/4

3/4

- Click on the first one

- Hit Shift + L

- Hit Ctrl + U

- Mark the number in the box whatever fret you would like it to slide to (I'd suggest 5)

For the

6/7

6/7

that should be

/7

/7

I would personally make them just

its the best way I found to make it look nice and play well in Rocksmith.

- Click on one of the instances

- Press Shift + L

- Press Ctrl + U

- Delete the number in the box and pres enter

- Now hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel up (to make them 7s)

- Now roll the mouse wheel down to get rid of any sustain

Sorted.  That must take 10 seconds :D

Obviously, you will need to look through the tab and make sure you didn't change anything that you didn't want changing, but you should really be going through it to sync and/or tidy other things up anyway.

As said above, there is a difference between GP tabs and Rocksmith charts, it requires human intervention in EoF.  It's just how it is :D

Guys i realy don't think the problem is not with the guitar tab,because that's the 3rd tab whic imported incorrectly ,so most likeli the problem is with EOF.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

What PC plum say is a how to correct it in EOF.

And no it's not a problem with EOF, the technique you used even if it's available in GP makes no sense as a musical notation way.

If you are the one creating the tab, you should restrain from using the unpitch slide in option.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

What PC plum say is a how to correct it in EOF.

And no it's not a problem with EOF, the technique you used even if it's available in GP makes no sense as a musical notation way.

If you are the one creating the tab, you should restrain from using the unpitch slide in option.

I think you don't understand me.What i said is it doesn't matter what tab i import it's always have a problem.No matter wich tab is it.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

If the import doesn't work as expected, you should be more clear and detailled so that Raynebc can see if it's possible to correct those issue or not (or if it's actually the intended way).

If you just say "it doesn't work as i want it to", we'll get nowhere. If you detailled what's going wrong between what you have in GP and what you get in EOF then we'll  be able to help you figure out either it it's actually normal or if it's indeed something to be corrected.

On a side note, EOF isn't a perfect nor a professional tool and is only maintained by Raynebc. Therefore, exepecting the import to work flawlessly is impossible. You should always modify the result in EOF to really fit to your expectation.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

If the import doesn't work as expected, you should be more clear and detailled so that Raynebc can see if it's possible to correct those issue or not (or if it's actually the intended way).

If you just say "it doesn't work as i want it to", we'll get nowhere. If you detailled what's going wrong between what you have in GP and what you get in EOF then we'll  be able to help you figure out either it it's actually normal or if it's indeed something to be corrected.

On a side note, EOF isn't a perfect nor a professional tool and is only maintained by Raynebc. Therefore, exepecting the import to work flawlessly is impossible. You should always modify the result in EOF to really fit to your expectation.

Look, i will send you my CDLC (song)folders and please look at them.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/y2mc2sh9vdy9hox/CDLC%20problems.rar?dl=0

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

I tried Cut the Curtain and the tab import as expected. The only "issue" is the slide in but that's to be expected and can be easly corrected using PC Plum instruction...

It would be nice if could actually point out your exact issue.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I tried Cut the Curtain and the tab import as expected. The only "issue" is the slide in but that's to be expected and can be easly corrected using PC Plum instruction...

It would be nice if could actually point out your exact issue.

The problem is that it didn't workd and also a few slides are come later then it should.I don't know if you noticed that.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

The import worked fine for me and all slides are imported correctly compare to the tab so i really have a hard time pointing out what you think is an issue in the import...

Could you e more precise? bar number, screenshot of the problem, comparison on what you get on import and what you would have expected to be imported?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

The import worked fine for me and all slides are imported correctly compare to the tab so i really have a hard time pointing out what you think is an issue in the import...

Could you e more precise? bar number, screenshot of the problem, comparison on what you get on import and what you would have expected to be imported?

Look at this 2 pcitures: In guitar pro the first slide start on the 3rd fret and after that another start from the 7th fret,also in the 3rd bar shold be 3 slide but in EOF in just only 2 and the frets are also fuckd up.   And sorry if i'm not precices i'm just tired of the last week.

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2qbgoe9.jpg

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2yw5xuh.jpg

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

The problem are only with slide in and that's how they are supposed to import in EOF...

On the 2nd bar you have three times :

/7

/7

Those are slide in. You are supposed to take any other fret below the 7 and slide to the 7 fret to play them. EOF not being able to know which fret to start from (because GP doesn't require that information) he will make the starting point one fret below (in this case 6) and add a slide to the final fret which is 7. It's perfectly normal and the way it's intended to happen.

Once again PC Plum gave a perfect guide to adjust the tab in EOF quickly and efficiently.

Note that EOF does the import this way because RS doesn't support in any kind of way those slides in notation as GP does. RS (and EOF) always need a starting point AND an end point which isn't available in the GP notation for slide in so EOF try to make the best of it.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Just to re-enforce what @@firekorn said, this is NOT a problem with EoF. EoF behaves this way on purpose... because RS cannot display what you have written in your Guitar Pro file. 

Your only options are to either edit your GP file to include a starting point for the slide (then import it to EoF), or fix it directly in EoF using the instructions that PC Plum gave you.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Just to re-enforce what @@firekorn said, this is NOT a problem with EoF. EoF behaves this way on purpose... because RS cannot display what you have written in your Guitar Pro file. 

Your only options are to either edit your GP file to include a starting point for the slide (then import it to EoF), or fix it directly in EoF using the instructions that PC Plum gave you.

I'm sorry but how can i fix this in GP? Also i said the idead what PC Plum wrote to me it didn't work sadly.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

• Administrator

While instead of using the slide in function ("/3" or "\3" button). You should always use the other type of slide.

In this specific case you could put

5/7 instead of /7

5/7       -        /7

By using the legato slide function in GP

you will of course need to readjust the rhythmic value of the note involved to get the correct timing which can be a pain.

Or you can also do it in a more simplistic way which would be to simply not indicate the slide in (therefore only deactivating the slide in in GP) which will also mean that the player won't need to play the slide to get it to register in RS.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

While instead of using the slide in function ("/3" or "\3" button). You should always use the other type of slide.

5/7 instead of /7

5/7       -        /7

you will of course need to readjust the rhythmic value of the note involved to get the correct timing which can be a pain.

Or you can also do it in a more simplistic way which would be to simply not indicate the slide in (therefore only deactivating the slide in in GP) which will also mean that the player won't need to play the slide to get it to register in RS.

Thanks,now that's what i wanted to know, i will try it out later :)

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

5/7 instead of /7

5/7       -        /7

Well, it's a little bit off topic but,i'm working on another song and i don't know,maybe i did somthing wrong or what?

( ineeded to edit a lot in EOF and that's the outro.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/2udvkw3.jpg

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Did you have a question? Because other than removing the slide/linknext note that's not needed, I don't see anything that needs fixing.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs