Please read (rules notice)

• Administrator

Hey all,

I see that there are a few unfortunate rotten eggs out there trying to cause problems here.

Please read rule #3

[*]No trolling, spamming, advertising, or other general douchebaggery. That includes racism, sexism, discrimination, use of homophobic/racist slurs, etc.

If you dislike a way someone has made a video, cdlc, or anything else please provide CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. 

We're trying to provide a creative and fun environment for CDLC creators and rocksmith players. 

You will be warned a few times before a permanent ban. Please do not let it come to that. This forum is a place to learn how to make customs, post customs, and download customs for Rocksmith.

Additionally I have updated the 'sendspace' rule:

[*]Please use an approved site to host your customs - That includes Mediafire, Dropbox, Skydrive, BOX.com, Google Drive, 4shared, and zippyshare. PLEASE DO NOT USE SENDSPACE - users have had too many issues with Sendspace and is infuriating when trying to download multiple customs. If you do use sendspace, please provide a mirror that provides unlimited downloads PER ip and no download caps.

This is my stance on sendspace (some users who use sendspace who have premium accounts are unaware of the problems for free users (aka downloaders)

This is a direct quote from sendspace's website:

"How fast can I download a file?
The actual download speed achieved is dependent on the type of your connection to the Internet and traffic using the Internet at any given time. If you want downloads without speed limitations from sendspace, join Pro. Free users can download at our basic speed, set to spread the bandwidth load among the greatest number of users. It is also possible to download more than one file at a time if you have a Pro account."

The two problems are listed in this answer. 
1) 1 download per IP
2) Limited download transfer.

I shouldn't need a premium account to do the most basic things that the other big file carriers already have such as mediafire.

For example: I went to download 50 customs the other day to update my collection. I was able to download about 40 fine, super fast at blazing speeds (I have 100mbit internet) yet had to wait about 10+ minutes for the ones at sendspace. They limit the max speeds plus only allow 1 download per IP.

The downloaders shouldn't be punished with restrictions or forced to buy a premium account.

If you use sendspace, please provide a mirror. We're not forcing you to stop using sendspace, just trying to have willing users that are able to switch, to switch.

Thanks for reading and if you have any problems please let us know and I'll be willing to resolve any of your questions or concerns.
  • Like 3

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

Additionally: We are working on a cdlc update that counts downloads per click, which is why most users are using sendspace. We'll have this up and running sometime in the future. Thanks!

• Like 3

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

That includes racism, sexism, discrimination, use of homophobic/racist slurs, etc.

I noticed the user profiles have only an option for male/female gender but no options for transgender/androgynous/inter-sex and so on. This is very discriminationalist and maybe CF should give more options (Facebook has 50 options for gender).

I like being part of a community where "general douchbaggery" is actually a violation of the terms of service.  If only the entire world could implement this rule.

I could just see a bunch of people I know getting pulled over  "Sir, I'm gonna have to write you a ticket for being a douchbag".  Sad part is, they wouldn't even be able to argue the point.....

• Like 1

• Administrator

That includes racism, sexism, discrimination, use of homophobic/racist slurs, etc.

I noticed the user profiles have only an option for male/female gender but no options for transgender/androgynous/inter-sex and so on. This is very discriminationalist and maybe CF should give more options (Facebook has 50 options for gender).

It came standard with the forum's software but I will be happy to look into that feature for you!

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

Hey there, this is an issue that is near and dear to me and I agree it's very wrong there are only two options. It wasn't up to us because believe me if there were more options they would be here. But as Unleashed has said we promise to look into that!!

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.