Problem with Note Tails

Brooklyn_Sounds

I'm having issues with single note tails. There's no note tails in EoF, but in game all the single notes have tails and it makes the readability a little hard. Here's a few pics:

EoF:

http://i.imgur.com/5tXh53o.png

In Game:

http://i.imgur.com/Ymieeth.png

Any help is appreciated. :D

@@Brooklyn_Sounds

Sometimes short note tails can "hide" under the circle for the note head (this leaves open the question of why 16th notes would gain note tails in the first place!). I think I actually see some note tails in EoF on the yellow 7s that precede the blue 5s in measures 3 and 5. If you use a different zoom (I mostly edit in 1/4 zoom) you may be able to see them better.

A simple test you could do would be to select measures 3 and 4 and reduce sustain length a ways (until it's definitely 0), then compare what results with what you see in measure 5 and 6.

If this is on almost every short note, I guess you'd then want to reduce their sustains without reducing the sustains of things that should actually sustain. Not sure if there's an easy way to do that, though.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Especially in EOF window sizes larger than 648x480, the note head (the circle) can hide the note tail. With a small grid snap like 1/24 this could certainly happen when the chart is zoomed out all the way. Like @@albatross213 mentioned, you can try selecting notes that aren't supposed to be sustained and use [ or scroll down on the mouse scroll wheel to see if the chart is marked as modified (indicating at least one note's length was shortened), or you can click on a note and the information panel will indicate what the selected note's length is.

As far as how to automatically select short notes, there is a function in Edit>Selection to select notes in the active track difficulty that are shorter than a particular length (in milliseconds), but it may be safest to just use SHIFT+click to select ranges of notes manually. That way you can be sure that notes that should remain sustained are not shortened.

There is an option in File>Preferences to make all newly-added notes (regardless of what grid snap is in effect) have the minimum length of 1ms as a default, and making longer notes requires explicitly adding sustain by using ] or the scroll wheel.