Crazy status on import where not needed

firekorn

• Administrator

I'm working with the 10-24-15 version and everytime on import EOF apply the crazy status on some note where it's surely not needed.

I've tried deactivated the option to "apply crazy status on chord separated by a rest" but that changed nothing and it doesn't justify the fact that the crazy status is applied to single note too.

This also create some overlapping sustain that wasn't even written in the tab i was written.

This happen to every single tab i tried so far and on every single part. The crazy status is always applied to the same note on each import so there's a logic behind it but i have trouble understanding it and that forces me to get rid of all crazy status before doing any further modification which is one step more than what i needed before.

For exemple the bass part of the following GP file shouldn't import with any crazy status yet it does.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1ZKYtpB0vu2cjJ1MnhrUjNEUVk/view?usp=sharing

PS : i'm gonna try to report on all the things that the recent update have broken for me during import as that's only one of the more visible aspect of it so far and it takes times that i don't have to report on everything but i'm pretty sure that linked techniques like slides or vibrato are just not imported correctly anymore but that's a subject for another topic.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

When I use the current build of EOF to import that GP file's bass track, none of the notes are given crazy status. If you can reproduce with the 11-3-2015 hotfix, it's probably something specific with your preferences or your project's beat map (ie. number rounding limitations) and I would probably need your EOF project and possibly your eof.cfg file to test with.

The "Apply crazy to repeated chords separated by a rest" preference affected the rhythm arrangement throughout, but only affected measure 115 of the two lead tracks and didn't affect the bass arrangement at all.

• Administrator

Updated to the 11-3-2015 version, open my project for the CDLC, imported the bass track and i had crazy status on some note on bar 22 and 23.

Created a new project, imported the tab without changing the beat map and i had no crazy status on any note...

So my best guess it that there was some rounding error that make some note overlap and therefore have the crazy status applied to them?

So here is the eof project (with the .ogg corresponding) on which i had crazy status applied with the cfg file if ever you need it :

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1ZKYtpB0vu2cEJVcHU5dWZOanc&usp=sharing

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity