E5 and A5 in Guitarcarde

Armandiam

Hi guys,

im doing the guitarcarde castle game to practice, but i dont know if I play those two chords like they should be played.

For E5 I use my third and fourth (pinky) finger to do an e-minor chord and use my index finger to damp the lower e string. I try to hit the first three strings when strumming.

For A5 I do the same, but I use my third and fourth finger one string higher. I also damp the lower e string with my index and play the a string open. There I try to strum the four lowest strings. But i have to admit that A5 works quite more often here.

I am already able to bar chords, I dont have that much trouble with c5 or d5 for example. So if I need to bar for A5 just tell me :) .

Am I right, that for power chords (all chords with a 5 after the letter, right?) I strum the highest string which I push down (for example: I dont strum the b string and the higher e string when playing c5 or d5)?

And another question: If I bar a chord like c5 or d5 i just push down the first string with index finger, right? So the higher stings, which mustnt sound, dont make any noise?

Thanks in advance!

the 5 chords are usually called "powerchords".   I play the open E5 And A5 with just my index finger and that feels best for me. The other powerchords that are not open i always play with index, ring and pinky finger.

This lesson help me a while ago with my powerchords.

• Like 1

• Administrator

One constant in playing an instrument  is that everyone as their own thing and way of doing things, if you wanna use the 3/4 for a E5 go for it! If you find that using only the first finger is finally better for you go for it! There's no wrong or good, there's only option that fits you or not.

i might use the 2/3 or 1/2 or only 1 or only 2 to do a E5 depending on the situation and what's before and after the chord and it's only up to you to find what you like to use in each situation.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

thanks for your insight man. I have to say I got really mad at some points, because the E5 chord didnt work that well in guitarcarde. I was sure i played it right, but it just didnt work in the game.

The only 1 works wonders as it looks.

Another question:

Should I bar with the first finger when I play F5 and G5? When I started to use them in rocksmith I just pushed down the low e string with my index finger, but I guess it could be better to bar it so the highest 3 strings dont sound if i accidentally strum then?

• Administrator

in general making sure that you mute string that you don't use is a good way to go when playing chord as it's easier to mute then with the fretting hand than not hit them while picking especially in fast motion but once again depends on how you feel, i know i tend to mute the string with the first finger because i have the exact same position for a F5 than for a full F chord but you could easily mute some of the highest string with the 2 or even the 4th finger.

Don't hesitate to just sit down and play around with your fingers in different position to figure out what works for you best.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity