Sound problems

Dazzcoll

Question

Using Rocksmith 2014 on late 2013 iMac guitar sounds okay but in some songs it is too loud and different to the authentic tone example holy diver is fine but when I changed to check out tone for smoke on the water as I enter learn a song the tone level increases and sounds too loud and shithouse any suggestions ? The sound before I go into learn a song sounds okay have tried different cable, maybe I'm expecting too much as even the tones that sound okay just seem to be lacking suggestions please

11 answers to this question

• Administrator

I don't think i understand your issue here? You are playing official DLC? what are your mixer settings set at? Did you tried recalibrate your guitar?

The tone level shouldn't changed when entering learn a song, the only level difference happen when entering the riff repeater and it's only the song volume that is lowered but not the tone volume.

There's a known bug that makes the song volume be very low when exiting the riff repeater in a certain way via the escape menu but i'm not quite sure that's what you are experiencing.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Am using official dlcs at this stage have recalibrated guitar it's a esp ltd eclipse ,since posting I've read in some forums that some dlcs from rs1 when used in Rs 2014 don't sound as good maybe this is the problem as smoke on the water is the dlc I was using ,when I plug guitar in the distorted tone that is I guess the default tone before you play with any part of the game just in the menu section sounds great but as soon as I enter smoke on the water it changes to the authentic tone for that song but it is louder but the actual tone is nothing like it should be I can turn it down in mixer but the tone instead of being a nice distorted rock tone is barely recognisable would changing any of the sound settings help ? If not can I use a custom tone from tone designer or does the game only allow each songs authentic tone ? I've only played a few others so far china groove and symphony of destruction sound okay but could be a little better sound a little dull and weak hoping there's something I can change in game settings or in program files on my iMac hoping there's some iMac Rocksmith help out there thanks again darren

@@Dazzcoll, what's your Real Tone Cable gain set at?  You can check in the game under the Options menu.

Also, what is the input volume set at under your OS X Sound settings (System Preferences -> Sound -> Input -> Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)?  I think 40% is the default value, which is fine.

Also, does your guitar have active or passive pickups?

(I'm a fellow Mac user too, btw)

Thanks for the info just checked settings in game they are mic -off ,audio engine -4,real tone cable gain 3.1db then on iMac sounds the mic at 41000.khz,input 48000khz,real tone cable 48000khz , also have 1 guitar with passive and 1 without does it on both also a bit off crackling

I use 1 profile for each guitar but am going to start again and just use my active Emg guitar are your settings on iMac the same as mine also was the realtone cable setting ok was 3.1 db is that the one you meant I've seen in forums something about it being % is that setting somewhere else 1 more thing the sound in symphony of destruction now sounds very tinny sorry for all the questions lol just want this sorted so I can concentrate on playing thanks again

Yeah, 3.1db is the default setting for the game.  You would usually only need to change it if your guitar was too quiet in general.

I'm not really sure what could be causing tone problems, but I have some questions to try and rule out some things.

When was the last time you changed the batteries for the active pups?

Is your version of RS2014 a legit purchased version?

Is the dlc that you've been trying legit and purchased?

Batteries ok

Legit versions rc2014 for Mac disc then after installing that bought rc1 from steam for songs

Only have rc1 and rc2014 songs and purchased dlcs

Am going to try new strings tommorow strings are about.2 months old didn't think they would be a issue but who knows also would it matter which USB port on iMac I'm using ? Any other suggestions haven't tried playing it it offline mode ?

• Administrator

If you load those tones via the tone designer menu do you get the same issue? i'm really curious to know if it's really the tone that is having issue or if it's something when playing the song.

Overall i also strongly suggest that you contact Ubisoft support about this issue with as much detail as possible. Games can have bugs and our community isn't knowledgeable or have the capacity to treat those if they are indeed bug from the game itself where the only competent people would be the developers team.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity