Reposting existing CDLC (Specific Case)?

Recycler

Question

I have a special case question on reposting CDLC that I didn't author.

The general rule is: don't (makes sense) with one exception for old CDLC that was never posted in the new format...otherwise it might be lost forever (and, of course, you  must give credit to original author).

Here's a possible second exception - I want to know if this would be allowed.

I recently downloaded SlaughterMasta's version of The Beatles song Birthday (I'll use this song as an example).

I haven't changed the charting AT ALL, the only real change I've made is I replaced the song audio with a version that doesn't include the guitar (derived from multitracks).

Can I post this new version with all credit going to SlaughterMasta?

If so, I was thinking I do these three things to make sure credit goes where it belongs.

1- On this site I'd name the song to indicate this, like:

Birthday (Multitracks re:SlaughterMasta)

2- I'd highlight in my description the CDLC was done by SlaughterMasta and include a link to the original, something like this:

Credit to SlaughterMasta for the original CDLC.

This is v1 from SlaughterMasta recycled into the following versions - none of the charting was changed (just the audio).

Birthday (No Guitar)

- original CDLC with audio missing the guitar (from multitracks)

Birthday (No Bass)

- original CDLC with audio missing the bass (from mlutitrakcs).

3- I'd add a comment to the original CDLC saying the new version is posted and adding a link to it.

I can understand if this is not allowed, but it would be a shame since there may be others who'd like to play a multitrack version (so you hear what you really sound like :) ).

An alternate approach is that I just contact the original poster - ok - but in cases where they're not active anymore...it means those songs could never be done.

Let me know what you think.

I could understand a condition of this being the charting not be changed.

R.

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

As I'm seeing your situation:

You've done multitracks version based on custom posted here, you re-synced CDLC(because changing audio require beat adjusting anyways)

So you did some improvement on this song, you should Credit OP for his basis CDLC and give name smth like: Birthday (Multitracks)
Don't need to mention OP in every place in the world.

As an option you can ask OP directly if he's ok with work you've done.

• Like 1

Alex360...I didn't need to resync - I just had to make sure the new audio start matched exactly the existing audio start - they are the same song - so the timing is identical (I added a bit of silence to the start of my 'new' audio after which it matched throughout).

Perhaps in some cases the multitrack version may not exactly match the CD version.

As for posting the OPs name all over the place...just seems fair since they did the hard work, what I did was easy. :)

...and in the game it would just show as "Birthday (No Guitar)" ... only on here was I thinking the name would be "Birthday (Multitracks re:SlaughterMasta)".

You did audio interchange that's not that big, but something, anyways if you want to be sure it's ok to everyone - ask Original Poster if he's ok, if he won't reply longer than 1-2 weeks than he's probably ok with it;)

Thanks SlaughterMasta for the CDLC!

I 'recycled' your CDLC into the following versions (as we discussed).

Birthday (No Guitar)

- same CDLC but with the guitar part missing in the song (from multitrtacks)

Birthday (No Bass)

- same CDLC but with the bass part missing in the song (from multitracks)

You can find the recycled versions <a href='http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc/html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/birthday-multitracks-reslaughtermasta-r18185'>here</a>.

R.

I did things like that, when i feel that the CDLC has some mistakes, i leave some feedback, but if time passes and nothing changes, then i do a new version. Sometimes i do a whole remastered album (Just like i'm doing with AJFA and Death Magnetic from Metallica), but you are allowed to do that! 

9A7alLl.jpg