Bulk imports / offline catalog

I keep a ton of DLCs around in separate directory structure, and only move them in to the dlc directory at some point later when I decide I want them installed.    The setlist manager functionality supports this use case in some ways, but I would actually prefer to keep the bulk of cdlcs outside of the song manager.  The song manager UI is great, but it's too time consuming to manage setlists and enable/disable flags for over a thousand songs.  

It would be incredibly helpful if I could designate an 'offline' directory in the song manager, where I could keep songs that are not currently in use.  The CFSM could have a separate tab that scans this directory only when requested and provides a simple mechanism to bulk move songs between offline and online.   There is value in treating this different than a standard setlist:

It gives users a convenient place to dump downloaded cdlcs for future use.

The offline directory wouldn't be scanned by default or clutter the results lists.

Bulk operations like renaming can be selectively applied to offline or standard cdlc directories.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

@@scruffycatherder I too like the idea, the song manager still needs the functionality of scanning for duplicates though imo

I have a similar request to this, whereby I use the default option for all downloads to go into my Downloads folder. Is there already an option I'm missing or would it be possible to select to move all relevant files from a selected folder to the DLC folder?

I use a program called smartsync , it is not free but it will sync files of specific types (include mask's) and even scan within folders.

Edit

by the way you can set it like a watch folder and it will move the content you want moved as it appears and set what ever delay you like, or set it like i have and sync it to a network share on my server. i then sync it from that to my rocksmith PC (yup i am sad i have a dedicated rocksmith rig)

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic