How to get Beat Map

Alex360

I'm not aware of a way for Sonic Visualiser to do that, you may just have to try it again with a different detection method. If you happen to be using the "Tempo" transform function, I really have to recommend using the "Beat" function instead.

I've been using: Transform - Analysis by Category - Time - Tempo - Tempo and TIme: Beats. It's worked perfectly for a few songs, but the majority of them are double the bpm. I used the tool in eof that detects the bpm for every bar and it was about the same as the sonic visualiser.

Depending on the song, the results may not always be very good, but that's unfortunately the case with many automated processes. It may just come down to deciding whether it's less work to use the estimation and then alter it to your liking or just doing it all manually.

Depending on the song, the results may not always be very good, but that's unfortunately the case with many automated processes. It may just come down to deciding whether it's less work to use the estimation and then alter it to your liking or just doing it all manually.

So I'll have to just sync it without the .svl? I see that changing the time signature doesn't affect it either.

EOF doesn't base beat lengths on the time signature. Maybe someday, but time signatures are an entirely optional aspect of authoring. Absolutely any song can be authored without them, and all it would take is a tempo change at each point in the song where the time signature changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried it once for this CDLC (http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/conception-back-to-the-magic-of-childhood-part-1-r4291) but it wasn't really close. Will try again later and try to get better results :)

All 'my' CDLC's are free to be improved upon and re-released by anybody. Constructive comments are welcome as well :)

• 5 weeks later...

I dont get this part

Beat tracking method: newOnset detection function Type: Broadband Energy Rise or Spectral Difference Adaptive whitening: unchecked(this will mess up your BPM-map)

I assume I need it because when I put the sv in eof it was way off.

• 4 weeks later...

@@Alex360 --

I have a question that is related to this, but a bit different.  I have a custom which I have already set up a beatmap for and synced by hand, multiple times.  I keep on making updates in a source Guitar Pro tab and wanting to incorporate those into the custom, but whenever I try to re-import an updated guitar or bass track from the same source tab (same number of measures, time signature, etc., just changing the chart in places), the newly imported part is out of sync with the rest of the arrangements.  If I then try to sync up that track, EOF seems to move the beatmap around in all of the other arrangements, which screws them up.

So, every time I do this, I start from scratch and have to import all of the tracks and then redo the beatmap / sync so it applies to them all correctly.  The specific song I am working on is Zombie by the Cranberries, and the BPM wanders all over the place during the song so it is a pretty major production to have to re-sync every single time.

I am probably missing something obvious or doing something really stupid, but all of my attempts to work around this end up with arrangements not matching up with each other.  The only idea that I have is that whenever I save in EOF after starting a new custom, it pops up with a warning saying that the beatmap doesn't start at the beginning of the audio track.  It says that this might cause the custom to not play correctly, so I allow it to insert evenly spaced beats at the beginning of the track.  Maybe when I am importing updated arrangements, they snap to the "first beat" that was added in to the dead space at the beginning, instead of where the song actually starts like the parts I added before saving?  If that is the problem, it is safe to say NO to that warning when I save, and just leave the beats out of the beginning of the song?

Thanks for any help you (or anyone) can provide -- I am sure that I am missing something easy here!

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

@@MilkmanDan, your question slightly off this topic, but I can give you advice, build up beatmap, then lock it, import all parts from correct GP? file, make all changes and save (you can save separate versions based on those beatmap if you got 4+ arrangements).When you update those tab in Guitar Pro and import it over again - you'd better restore those condition that was when you imported arrangements at firs time. You may screwed it up when you resetted "Offset to zero", push it up as it's was earlier.Hope this helps.

• Like 1

@@MilkmanDan, your question slightly off this topic, but I can give you advice, build up beatmap, then lock it, import all parts from correct GP? file, make all changes and save (you can save separate versions based on those beatmap if you got 4+ arrangements).When you update those tab in Guitar Pro and import it over again - you'd better restore those condition that was when you imported arrangements at firs time. You may screwed it up when you resetted "Offset to zero", push it up as it's was earlier.Hope this helps.

Thanks, I'll give that a try!  The reset offset to zero thing was making me wonder also, so I'll try to keep an eye on that and try to get everything back into an early state after doing the beatmap but before importing arrangements.

I was originally wondering if there was some way to import the beatmap from a previous save or an EOF-generated .xml file or something, similar to importing it from Sonic Visualizer, which is why I settled on asking in this thread.  I know that is sort of a stretch to this topic, but thought it was close enough to keep it here rather than starting a new topic.  Maybe.  :)

Again, thanks.

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

• 2 years later...

Hmm,I came to a point where I just can't think that is correct or not.

For some reason it doesn't matter if I chose "Broadband Emergy Rise" or "Complax Domain" or "Spectral Difference" the beatmapping is the same with all and the notes are don't fit in theirt beat's range and comes early or late.However

if I check "Adaptive Whitening" I get a more accurate mapping but it's still not perfect.

The thing is,in my earlier song I used SV to do the beat mapping and it went straight and good until the end

where was some incorrect mapping but I solved with simply changing the beat measures at those point.

Can't tell why is this different now..

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Some songs are easier to automate beat mapping than others. Sometimes all you can do is trust your judgment.

But it's very anoying that this workd once or twice and all of a sudden it no longer!

I don't think because of the song is hard to beat mapp-it, and I tried a lot of other setting in SV, and 8 out of 10

I get this SAME result :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2dAm5utc-VcTnphMjZ6aHZCdzA

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

To avoid that problem, it's best to import the Sonic Visualizer file BEFORE importing or authoring the guitar/bass arrangements because the notes aren't automatically moved to the new beat positions. If you really had to do it otherwise, you could manually try to correct the note positions by selecting all, setting a small grid snap value (like 1/32 or 1/48) and use "Note>Move grid snap>Forward" ( CTRL+] ).

• 1 month later...