Best CDLCs for my old man

CREΛTOR

Hey guys, I'm reteaching my old man how to play guitar again so we can play Rocksmith together and instead of him being confused and struggling with the new stuff like AX7 and other bands I might like, I want some of the best CDLCs or DLCs for Rocksmith that are be easyier and classic rock songs. Like from the 50's to the 80's type of stuff.       Ex. Johnny B. Goode

Best Suggestions?

Why not just ask him what he likes and what he wants to learn and then see if it's available?

Learning to play guitar (and just playing in general) is a lot easier and more fun when you're playing songs you know and like instead of songs you don't know very well.

• Like 2

I've asked and he doesn't know. I'll check some artists and the records he has. I'll make them if need be but other than those I don't know.

So far the best I've gotten are 4 but I'll keep searching. Anyone knows something we might not have heard yet, that would be even better 

This will mostly turn up the "usual suspects" among the classics, but it might make sense to check through several pages of ignition when sorted by most downloaded, and then check out the bands that you think will interest him. Won't turn up everything, and there will be a bunch of more modern stuff mixed in, but it should give you a good starting point for which bands to look at (and maybe remind you of some others that aren't among the most downloaded).

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• 3 weeks later...

Creedence Clearwater Revival .  Pink Floyd, Journey, Joan Jett, Allman Brothers, Beatles, Foghat, Blue Oyster Cult,  Rolling Stones, Cream, and Beach Boys come to mind.

Probably ask him what his band played.   Google something like Top 100 70's rock songs for example and see if anything perks his interest.     If there is one band, you can probably do a search for "Band similar to  XXXXXXX"

• Like 1