Song changes tuning. Getting mad? RockSmith update? Voodoo?

a.peter

Question

Am i getting mad or did there was a RS2014 update? Or is there some voodoo around?

Tuesday 4th was the last time i used RS2014 this week. I played Seven Nation Army which is set in E standard tuning. Nice song, played it several times with standard tuning.

Today i've started RS again. I was told by the steam launcher that an update was done. Then i selected the song ... and was told to change tuning to "open A"??? I've played it and it was set in open A tuning. I hat to do other work with my left hand. By the way, it has now to be played like i've seen it in the linked youtube video.

Then i took a walk. Now I started RS again ... and the song is set back to E standard again. And i know i didn't dream it because my guitar is still tuned in open A.

I've switched from lead to rhythm. The CDLC does not have a rhythm part but it displays that an open A tuning would be suggested.

Does anyone experienced this strange behavior before? I'm angry with myself that I did no screenshot with the alternative tuning.

6 answers to this question

I keep getting all strange goings on when it updates. Main one being it decides not to load in the RS1 tracks until i've restarted my laptop which is a ball ache, Not had it change tuning on me yet though, songs going missing I have had though lol