I can't make a post!

ridethemaverick

Question

10 answers to this question

Every time I make a post, it just disappears and never shows up. I've had this happen for a couple of months now, and I don't know why.

Ironic then that this should be here. Are you using an unusual browser or one that hasn't been updated in a while?

Nope; just updated today. I thought I'd gotten my posting privileges revoked or something; my last post was in Sept, but I just tried to post in your Real Love thread today. (Thanks for it, BTW.)

• Administrator

There is some work being done but i've also encountered this issue when i've waited a bit of time before posting my message which compltely block me to sent any message to the topic for a bit of time.

Might be part of a solution.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Cannot post at all! (so why am I writing this?) But I am pretty tired of writing a comment, hitting Enter and then it just dissappears.

It's good to get into the practice of copying your post before posting if things are acting up especially if it's a long post, it's happened to me a few times but I put it down to poor internet connection

• Like 1

I'm not sure what might be causing this problem, but I can solve the problem of losing a reply due to some glitch with a web site. If you use FireFox (or Chrome) just install an add-on called "Lazarus recover form". You'll never lose a reply or a post again.

I've been using it for years and it has saved my ass countless times.

FireFox; https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/lazarus-form-recovery/

Never lose anything you type into a web form again! Lazarus securely auto-saves all forms as you type, so after a crash, server timeout, or whatever, you can go back to the form, right click, "recover form", and breathe a sigh of relief.

Chrome; https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lazarus-form-recovery/loljledaigphbcpfhfmgopdkppkifgno?hl=en

Now, if there's a glitch and this reply doesn't go through, it just takes a couple of clicks to post it again. :)

• Like 3