Where is the log file?

I'm getting an error message when trying to generate the output file from RStoolkit.

The error says "package generation error" with details.

I went looking for the log file, but when I found it, it is from an hour ago and is almost blank.

Where is the log for this error?

Money Talks!? All it ever says to me is "Goodbye!".

How do I post a screen shot?  I cannot find the option for that.  The program seems to be looking for a directory C:\projects\rocksmith-custom-song-toolkit\rocksmithtoolkitlib\...

and not finding it since it indeed doesn't exist. :huh:

It is also not generating a log file.  I've checked and the only log file has a header but is otherwise blank.

This is all I see in the log file for an attempt this morning:

2015-10-18 11:25:58.0694 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (INFO) :
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main
 Version: 2.6.1.0-d8960ca6 (32 bit)
 OS: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)
 Runtime: v4.0.30319.34209
 JIT: MsX86

==============

Otherwise the file is blank.

I updated the program so perhaps is a bug.

I think I have an idea of the problem: I ran the updater and it installed a beta version over the main version.  I must be a bug in that.

I reverted back to the zipped version I downloaded and though I'm getting errors it's not missing directories now.

Still not generating an error log though...

@@ghr1227 you can use imgur.com to upload screens and then just link it here.

I think you trying to generate custom? but that path looks like folder from our build server, doesn't hep me through

• Like 1

I got it sorted out.  What I did was run the rstoolkitupdater program and it updated the program.  When it did there must be bugs in that version.  I deleted the rstoolkit folder and replaced it with the version I downloaded in zip.

I had to re-do the template for the song but it worked after that.

Need to work on a few bits in the chart but it's coming along nicely for a first time try at charting.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy