Force chord box to appear as a repeat?

Billkwando

Question

I have a song that starts with a fast triple rake and then a bunch of even ones after. The problem is the open string mute/rake chord box completely obscures the other 2 repeat boxes so you can't see to do them. 

The pattern happens later (it's like a million rakes in a row) and it's easy to see because of the transparent "X" repeat boxes. I'm wondering it it's possible to mark the first chord/rake of the song with a repeat box? BTW it's this friggin' song again.

Thanks! :D

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

6 answers to this question

@@Billkwando - If I remember correctly from other discussions, putting "Crazy" status on the chords will make the full chord pane appear again. You can toggle it in EoF by pressing "T".

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

If you want to force a repeat pane to appear, it's impossible right now in EOF.

You can always fiddle around with the .xml to make it happen but that's out of my knowledge.

You can also use the crazy status or accent to make a chord/repeat pane stand out efficiently.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

If the chord is string muted, it can be forced to appear as a repeat line. If you can show me a screen shot of the tab or something I could get a better idea of what it is you're wanting to author.

http://i.imgur.com/ihYD48C.jpg

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

You could try something like this:

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/raynebc/tricksy%20string%20mutes_zpse3exjnpb.jpg

The resulting XML looks like it at least gets really close to what you're wanting:

<chordTemplate chordName="" displayName="" finger0="-1" finger1="-1" finger2="-1" finger3="-1" finger4="-1" finger5="-1" fret0="-1" fret1="9" fret2="9" fret3="-1" fret4="-1" fret5="-1"/>
        <chord time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="1" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="9" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="0.500" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="9" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="0.667" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="1" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="0.667" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="9" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="0.667" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="9" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="0.833" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="1" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="0.833" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="9" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="0.833" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="9" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <chord time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" chordId="0" fretHandMute="1" highDensity="1" ignore="0" palmMute="0" hopo="0" strum="down">
          <chordNote time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="9" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="1" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
          <chordNote time="1.000" linkNext="0" accent="0" bend="0" fret="9" hammerOn="0" harmonic="0" hopo="0" ignore="0" leftHand="-1" mute="1" palmMute="0" pluck="-1" pullOff="0" slap="-1" slideTo="-1" string="2" sustain="0.000" tremolo="0" harmonicPinch="0" pickDirection="0" rightHand="-1" slideUnpitchTo="-1" tap="0" vibrato="0"/>
        </chord>
        <handShape chordId="0" endTime="1.167" startTime="0.500"/>
The idea here is that using a ghosted chord tricks EOF into allowing the string muted chords to be considered high density. But that doesn't change the start timestamp of that handshape. If that first string mute still shows up as a full chord box, you can probably just change that handshape's start time to be 0.001 (1 millisecond) earlier and that should cause the game to display it as a repeat line.