Advanced: @@Mercenary
Masterclass: @@fiddlesticks

Bass:
Beginner: @@stateofflux
Intermediate: @@Huumetucca
Advanced: @@genobadass
Masterclass: @@fiddlesticks

Congrats to all the winners.

Honorably Mentions to @@NoonyDeloony for 100% in Master Mode on Intermediate Bass and @@albatross213 on Advanced Bass.

Now relax and enjoy - @@NoonyDeloony's

The songs for this week are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: Jean-Louis Aubert - Temps a Nouveau (3) (chosen by @@steroma )
Intermediate: System of a Down - Chop Suey! (6) (chosen by @@Nacholede )

(Nacholede's version)
Advanced: Enter Shikari - Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour (7) (chosen by @@Shiroo )
Masterclass: Metallica - The Day That Never Comes (10) (chosen by @@Mortalo

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: 
Jean-Louis Aubert - Temps a Nouveau (3)
Intermediate: System of a Down - Chop Suey! (5)

(Nacholede's version)
Advanced: N/A

Masterclass: Metallica - The Day That Never Comes (10)

Bass Path:
Beginner: Jean-Louis Aubert - Temps a Nouveau (3)
Intermediate: System of a Down - Chop Suey! (6)

(Nacholede's version)
Advanced: Enter Shikari - Anything Can Happen In The Next Half Hour (6)
Masterclass: Metallica - The Day That Never Comes (7)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Boom Boom Boom Exercise!

Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle

Honorable list Diehard Member:

Honorable list FreeBird Member:
Participating as a FreeBird, without a class  ;)

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

Have a great week!

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Yay, for new week! This time it's a Drop in low tunings week :lol:

French song - it is quite a nice test of skills for Beginners. It can be a little off, but nothing serious.

Armenian song - it has that not fun drop power chords, and it goes crazy with them :wacko: No solo but hard.

Long Title song - yay for tapping on bass. It does not look that scary on both lead and bass.

And Metallica - something special for coming week ^_^ The Day That Never Comes is probably my favorite Metallica ballad, with one of my favorite solos (including harmony and those hopo parts). Lovely song that has everything in it. And bass, while in B (!), is awesome. Well, whole song is awesome!

• Like 7

MasterClass Bass - 98%, 339 streak

When you'll finally tune down to B, you'll get not really MC bass, but it has it's moments.

• Like 4

Wohoo! My guitar is at drop c ( actually it is a 7 string, and the lowest string is G..heavy), so I can play some SOAD! I recommend for everyone gettin' for example behringer us 600 pich shifter, or other type of pitch shifter. It's really handy when playing in different tuning. No need to hassle with the strings.

• Like 1

I started on Temps A Nouveau on bass.  It took one run through to figure out that it's easier to play that F# on the fourth fret of the D string than the ninth fret of the A string, and then two more runs to nail it.  100%.

I have't inflicted my school boy French on too many people in the last few decades.  Is he singing about fish and throwing stuff into the sea?

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

OK, somebody needs to call the FreeBird Police and not because of me this time.  I tuned my bass to DdropC, which is a crime in itself, just to pay Chop Suey.  If I'm not mistaken, there wasn't a single note that couldn't be played in standard tuning on the same string.

Where's a cop when you need one?

Oh, and 94% on the second try

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

At the moment, I can't recommend the Adv bass track. Here's why:

1) The tone volume is way too low. 

2) As tabbed, the tapping section makes no sense (how do you hammer on from a tap? Is it supposed to be something where you tap with 1st finger then 3rd or something?)

3) Hand positions are also off for the tapping sections.

With things as they are, this should not be many players' introduction to tapping.

Here are my suggested fixes (@@Shiroo):

1) Tone volume goes up 10 dB. 

2) Instead of hammer-ons, have them be tap-hand slides. Or another tap, and maybe you could cheat which finger does what in there with ghost notes and arpeggios or something.

3) Set FHP to 7 throughout tapping sections. The fret hand never leaves there.

The tap-hand slides are a reasonably advanced technique, but since the fret hand never moves and you can focus only on the tapping hand I think people should be able to handle them after some practice.

Here's a video of me playing it in game with tap hand slides and the increased volume (so you can actually hear me!):

I should be able to record an out-of-game video with me playing it if people want to see what it actually looks like.

MC Bass:

http://i.imgur.com/woWAoqv.jpgMain difficulties were remembering which string was which and playing licks that were clearly meant for a 5-string on a 4-string chart.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that towards the end of Chop Suey it seemed to be getting pretty off sync. Not unplayable on bass since things are pretty slow, but easily more than enough for me to notice it being off, with the note highway lagging behind the audio. Anyone else notice this?

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 4

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213 I played lead, in RR with slow speed, bcs of i can not understood beat some phrases (arpeggio). And had same feels, like notes is offsynced, i played how it must  sounds and getting missed notes.But im not sure, may be it is my bad skill.

Score after practice:

http://i.imgur.com/R81G5ZT.jpg

Enter shikari not for me style,  it is some noise, don`t know why they used some chords, enough  open strings and bass line. :)

P.s. Checked in EOF SOAD, beat map not synced, and there really big offsync of  some notes.

Exactly places where i can not understood beat, in chart some  blocks of  notes shifted almost at half beat. So, all arpeggios  very bad synced.

I think we can not leave cdlc SOAD for CS, need change this.

• Like 2

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

agree, out of sync

I played it 2 times with nearly the same accuracy and random misses everywhere. 

At the second run I played the notes on screen ignoring the music at the outro, sounded awful but got no misses there.

http://up.picr.de/23433104sz.jpg

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Chop Suey Lead/Rhythm:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/383162706804105190/CDE163452F37919BA9666733FD77F7E40EEF8AD1/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/383162706804105875/43EB71EF17C283E5B2A6940F9C33F4BA8A7D37EE/

Just wanted to say thanks for choosing my song, If i had a tail by QOTSA a couple weeks ago.  Also sorry for labelling it as a beginner song as the solo is quite hard.  I got it up to 84% or so months and months ago and figured it wasn't too bad, but the majority of the notes are in the solo so it seems pretty tough to get a decent score on.

Have been pretty inactive for posting scores lately but i'm gonna try to get back into it.

Also gonna post some more songs for future selections!

• Like 1

I also wanted to ask, in Chop suey, for the fast drop power chords, Rocksmith claims you should be using you're middle/ring fingers for the two strings, but i just use my pointer/middle or pointer/ring finger to mash the strings the same way i would for single notes.  Is that normal or should I be trying to use seperate fingers for seperate strings for drop power chords?

@@Jambi - Most of the time you play power chords in drop tuning with one finger doing a "mini-barre" over the two strings. Then you can do quick, precise changes between different power chords, whether by strumming again, or by hopo. So basically drop tuning lets you play something like this song relatively easily, while in standard tuning it would be really hard to play cleanly.

Also, since we're playing customs, sometimes when "Rocksmith" tells you to play a chord a certain way, it's that the charter entered that fingering in (or EoF did manually), and sometimes people or computers enter dumb fingerings. You should feel free to over-ride FHP and fingering suggestions if they're stupid, or play notes on a different string if that makes more sense. Making a chart perfect takes a lot of time, so often people take short-cuts on some of these details.

• Like 3

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@albatross 

Thanks for the reply.  I definitely don't take the fingering as gospel on this game, but I was curious with drop power chords more in a lot of Tool songs and what not than in this week's song.  I still find it pretty hard to hit a 3 string drop power chord clean with 1 finger, but even harder to hit it clean with 3 fingers.

Nacholede is going to save the day! I will do my own version of Chop Suey! in a bit, so don't change the song :D

Cool, but don't we should inform the charter first to fix his custom? As I saw it is only a syncing problem, maybe also FP which I always ignore. But for that it's maye too late now. Should be done before adding to the SSL.

Edit- even saw @ made a comment there

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Sooo, i have good news and suggestion for @@Nacholede.

I found on my PC full multitrack version Chop Suey - link

Would very crazy cool if Nacho can do multirack version! :)

P.s. If someone want make multitrack cdlc there link to all mogg that i have,

(not all have full lenght, part cutted on middle a song)

p.p.s I did yet one list with multitrack from rockband and guitarhero which i have on PC link->>

So if need some audio post to my PM.

• Like 2

Hungover is the lil bro of my condition.

;)

A good friends wedding yd.

Songs sound great - testin as soon as i can hold a guitar again.... in a few days

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI MT7-L09 mit Tapatalk

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

At the moment, I can't recommend the Adv bass track. Here's why:

1) The tone volume is way too low. 

2) As tabbed, the tapping section makes no sense (how do you hammer on from a tap? Is it supposed to be something where you tap with 1st finger then 3rd or something?)

3) Hand positions are also off for the tapping sections.

With things as they are, this should not be many players' introduction to tapping.

Here are my suggested fixes (@@Shiroo):

1) Tone volume goes up 10 dB. 

2) Instead of hammer-ons, have them be tap-hand slides. Or another tap, and maybe you could cheat which finger does what in there with ghost notes and arpeggios or something.

3) Set FHP to 7 throughout tapping sections. The fret hand never leaves there.

The tap-hand slides are a reasonably advanced technique, but since the fret hand never moves and you can focus only on the tapping hand I think people should be able to handle them after some practice.

Will do my best to fix it. Just, I don't know if i will be able today. 

• Like 2

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !"