Recording Rocksmith 2014 video - as a learning tool..

Hostilian

Question

..I don't mean just audio.  :)

Not sure if this has been done or suggested before, but I hadn't seen it and I thought it would be great as a learning tool..

Basically, I've thought it would be very useful to have a load of recorded Rocksmith song videos on my Phone - for when I need to;

- Refresh my memory for a part of the song.

- For playing along to, when plugged into my Amp's MP3 input, as a backing track..

It's surprisingly clear...

It's much more portable than hooking up my desktop or laptop, though of course it means it doesnt have any Rocksmith features.. If you choose the right player, you should be able to slow the video down, if you need to!  :)

Equipment used / software used and tested ok..

- Open Broadcaster software (free) latest version. Downscale to 1280x720.

- Radeon 6870 HD Gfx card

- Rocksmith 2014 (you will need to turn off audio exclusivity, temporarily, whilst recording)..

- Windows 7 x64

- i7 3770k, 24GB RAM

- Dice Player for Android (can slow down playback, if required). Other player suggestions welcome!

- You will need your own tones for playback (not essential but better)..

Now if only I could remove those 'MISS' graphics - as I wasn't playing when recording, obviously..  ;)

Hope this is of use to someone!  :)

Host'

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o680/Hostilian/S1710001_zpse4fa4bb4.jpg

7 answers to this question

For Android, try MX Player https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&hl=fr It's like VLC but for Android.

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

VLC has a beta version for Android -- I use it for all video on my phones and tablets.  I don't know about any ads on it -- I very rarely enable WiFi or mobile data.

I use Open Broadcast Software to record my playthrough videos already, and I am going to the US to visit home (I live in Thailand) soon.  I am planning on buying a 5-string bass (I've really got my eye on the Epiphone Thunderbird Pro V, but will consider other options), and was planning on copying some of my YouTube playthrough videos to my phone or tablet so I can do a better job of putting the basses I try through the paces.

Good to see this thread and confirm that it can work pretty well!

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Nice one.

Yeah, I don't actually play when I'm recording for this, as I'd prefer a 'blank slate' for me to play on top of..

Would be nice to turn off the hundreds of 'Miss'es that show up in the video.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You could play along when you record to get rid of the 'missed' msgs. all you need to do go to the in game mixer and set guitar/bass volume to 0 so it doesnt come out on the recording. Might even highlight any niggles in your playing you need to work a little harder on too!