EOF guitar pro import error (Grace Notes On Beat)

ikwtif

EOF constantly crashes when I try to import this gp5 file. First time I have problems importing a file, and I checked with a different song I'm working on and that file imported just fine.

While making the post I was testing a few things and I think it's because I am using Grace Notes On the beat. I changed a part to Grace Notes Before the beat and was able to load that file without a problem.

Any idea if this can be fixed? Or should I just use the Grace Notes Before the beat and adjust everything in EOF later?

Link to the files

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t07eylrheo2z53s/AAAH6SUDHCSYuCmpykTYBYmKa?dl=0

62610bdc99ce22720ee64c3a9f1f3ef0.png

After looking into it for a while, the problem seems to be some invalid tie notes. For example, the first note in the track is authored as a tie note, but there is no note that exists before it so EOF skips it as expected. However the note is also altered by a grace note and that wasn't a problem EOF was programmed to handle. It will now also skip importing the on-beat grace note when the tie note it's attached to isn't considered valid.

So I'm guessing you mean the note on the first beat as a tie note does not take the "grace note on beat" as a real note and therefore gives the error? Because when I look at the file I see the grace note with the tied note after it. I'm guessing there went something wrong with that part when I converted it from gp6 because all the other similar notes have the 'tied note' tag removed. I noticed there went a lot wrong with the converted file now. bends that where removed and got a wrong note. I did not know gp6 had so many troubles converting these to gp5, some parts where converted properly, but some parts are just off, even tough they are exactly the same.

I don't know what the original GP6 looked like, but the GP5 conversion could definitely benefit from some corrections. I don't see the need to author an on-beat grace note that attaches to a tie note, it would be much easier to just author it as a regular note.

I don't know what the original GP6 looked like, but the GP5 conversion could definitely benefit from some corrections. I don't see the need to author an on-beat grace note that attaches to a tie note, it would be much easier to just author it as a regular note.

True. I did it like that because I used an original tab where it was written with grace notes. If I knew the converting process had problems like this I probably wouldn't have done it. But too late for that now.

Not really the place to ask this, but if you know. Is there a reason why a bend would be noted with a grace note on beat before the regular note? I tought it was to show the general timing of the bend but I have the feeling I don't fully grasp this and it's just a notation convention used.

It doesn't sound normal at all to me. Whoever wrote that tab may have thought he/she was being clever, or maybe they were trying to go for a certain playback sound in a tab editor or something. Either way, it's not that much of a problem to manually add some corrections in EOF after you've imported the GP file.