How to easily separate the CLDC from official ones?

Weezer

Hi,

I am a beginner when it comes to the song manager. My question is: Is there a simple way of separating the CDLC from the official ones, without manually clicking on every single track or file?

A very brief tutorial on how to do this would be very helpful.

I am sorry if this question has been asked before. If so, please close this topic.

Thanks

• Developer

@Weezer 

It's a manual process (initially).   Have you renamed any CDLC or offical DLC?  If you haven't then you can do a Windows "View" "Details" folder and sort songs by "Name".  You should be able to tell the songs apart because official DLC file names will typically be much shorter than CDLC file names.  Then it is a matter of creating a "cdlc" subfolder within the "dlc" folder.  Drag all your CDLC to the "cdlc" subfolder.

Once you are done you can use CFM like usual to find any song you want.

EDIT: one thing you can do with CFM is to use the Renamer tool and add "_rs2" to the file name for official dlc.  Then it is easy to search for songs containing "_rs2" in CFM.

Edit: See suggestion below.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Thanks for your reply.

Since I already sorted all the songs into band-specific folders that mix custom and official dlc, I hoped for an easy way to separate them. So I could just switch between custom made dlc and official dlc with one click. 

So I guess I have to do it manually, then. Just need to figure out how the songlists in the CFM work :D

• Developer

@Weezer  Don't know why I didn't think of trying this first.  In CFM go to Setting tab and checkbox for "colToolkitVersion" (you may have to scroll down to see it)  Now you will be able to sort on Toolkit Version.  If a song has a version number then it is CDLC if it doesn't it could be DLC or CDLC.  Toolkit writes Toolkit Version since like around December, 2013 (version 2.3.0 or later) so if CDLC was authored after this date it will have a ToolkitVersion that you can sort on this column in CFM.  Then use my renamer trick or some other way to group them.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Developer

@nuxator

If you don't want to rename official DLC then first sort your songs by column Toolkit Version.  Official DLC will not have a toolkit version.  Then check box "Select" of only those CDLC songs that you want to rename.  (You may find it faster to use "Select All" and then individually deselect your official DLC songs). Then switch to Renamer and be sure you check the box "Rename only the songs that are selected in Song Manager".  Now rename your CDLC songs.  Official DLC will not be renamed.

The column Toolkit Version will be made filterable in future release of CFSM so that it will be easier to use "Select All" on only CDLC songs.  Thanks for the idea.

• Developer

Just implemented the new filter for "Empty" and "Not Empty".  Watch for version 1.1.0.1 of CFSM or later to be released.  You will be able to filter on column "Toolkit Version" for "Empty" and quickly find all official DLC.  Conversely you will be able to filter on column "Toolkit Version" for "Not Empty" and quickly find all CDLC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...