Setlist Manager Features ... Duplicate, issue with disabled a songs.

Motive

Please add option, not count disabled a songs how duplicated.

Bcs of impossible to use different lists with same cdlc which is disabled.

An example i have disabled list with E standard, and duplicates with some artist in other list which is enabled. All this cdlc show how duplicated, and list manager not work, bcs of cfsm show message with  error about  duplicates.

And yet, i have in duplicates tab a lot cdlc( of reason above) and Duplicates tab have not any scroll bar. I can scroll list only via keys "arrows" at keyboard.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Up.

Still yet need option:

Need show only "enabled" duplicated cdlc in duplicates .

No point show disabled cdlc, i want have a few playlist where may be disabled duplicated, an example:

Lists "Estd" and yet one "Muse", choose one and enable which of them i want to play (or disable both). 

Now all this show as duplicated, and hard to find really duplicated, bcs of it now huge list.

And yet red colour of background very hard for clear reading, please change it to more calm color:

http://i.imgur.com/EmMOz1q.jpg

Upd. In setlist manager need scroll bar for lists.

Hotkey don`t work  ("E", "C" etc)

• Developer

@Motive 

Don't want to step on any toes or feelings here, but the reason the CFSM Developers provided the Duplicates feature is because you really should not have ANY duplicate CDLC in your active song collection.  (The active song collection is any CDLC that is inside the 'dlc' folder or subfolders.)

Duplicate CDLC are a leading known cause of game hangs. 

That said, the latest CFSM beta build here does provide filtering on the 'Enabled' column so that you should be able to show/do what you want.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Have a look at SetlistManager which thanks to Lovro is ported version of RSRoadie.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Have a look at SetlistManager which thanks to Lovro is ported version of RSRoadie.

Ye, but I think that Motive wants to say that CFSM's SetlistManager doesn't have an option of copying a song to a setlist (instead of moving it), which we've dropped in the process of porting it to CFSM, probably because that would mean a lot of songs in the Duplicates tab. 

• Like 2

• Developer

Oh, is that what Motive said.  Duplicates are bad ... they hang the game.  Moving is a safer ... less in game hanging.

I know that disabled cdlc RS don`t see, and there no problem have a lot disabled dublicates. So it no problem check "duplicates list" before run RS.

And possible do extra way,  automatic - after copy some "enabled" dlc, tool do check all cdlc with same name and disable if some of them is enabled. Same the check,  if i do enable some dlc, tool will do check all cdlc with same names and disable them. Seems not so complicated realize.

• Developer

@Motive  Check the latest beta build and see if it meets your needs.  Look for the new Show Subfolders/Setlist checkboxes.  You can make as many copies of CDLC in as many Setlists as you want.  Let us know if it blows up in the game.

• Like 1

• Developer

@

After some testing, we (cozy mainly) noticed that RS doesn't care about duplicates, as long as they are in separate folders, so the check that you mentioned in the last post isn't needed. And now you can copy songs to setlists (and that is what you wanted in this post: http://customsforge.com/topic/23507-duplicate-issue-with-disabled-a-songs/?do=findComment&comment=193737 , I think)

Thanks. But this function don`t work for disabled duplicates:

http://i.imgur.com/FPpyuWe.jpg

Second issue:

If i copy cdlc in some list then remove this cdlc from this list:

http://i.imgur.com/KI509H3.jpg

3. How now move cdlc from unsorted list ("Songs") to some list?

4. How delete cdlc from unsorted list ("Songs")?

• Developer

@ et.al. thread viewers and CFSM users.  Would appreciate your taking a look at proposed future workflow and features for next revision of CFSM SetlistManager below.  Feel free to modify the proposal as you and other users would like the SetlistManager tool to function.  Please provide as much detail as you can.  Thanks for the input.

CFSM Setlist Manager is a tool that lets users organized and store their CDLC songs in a personal and meaningful way.  The first level subfolders to the main ‘dlc’ folder are used to store setlists.  These Setlist subfolders are used to organize user song files.  A unique aspect of setlists are that two or more setlists may contain a copy of the same song.  This aspect requires special code logic attention.

Setlist Manager Pseudo Code Work Flow and Usage:

1. All CDLC are initially placed by the user into the main ‘dlc’ folder.  Option: the user may create a 'CDLC' subfolder within the main 'dlc' folder so that ODLC and CDLC may be maintained separately.
  2. Users create setlist subfolders within the main ‘dlc’ folder as they are needed with CFSM.  Users name the setlist subfolders to meet their needs.  The word 'disabled' is reserved and there may not be any use of the word 'disabled'  when naming setlists or songs.
  3. There is no limit to the number of setlist subfolders within the main ‘dlc’ folder.
  4. Songs may be copied, moved, deleted, enabled/disabled, or toggled to/from setlist subfolders by Right Mouse Clicking on a song.
  5. When a song from the ‘dlc’ folder is copied to a setlist subfolder for the first time, the song in the ‘dlc’ folder becomes programmatically disabled so that it will not play in the game but the setlist subfolder song will play in the game.  The song from the main ‘dlc’ folder is not moved but it is disabled.
  6. A song in that is in the ‘dlc’ folder that has been programmatically disabled because it is already added to a setlist may continue to be added to other setlists and the copied song will take on the characteristic (enabled/disabled) of the setlist into which it is placed.
  7. Setlist folders may be enabled or disabled by the user. 
  8. * If a setlist folder is disabled all songs in the setlist folder are disabled.
  9. * If a setlist folder is enabled, setlist songs may individually be enabled or disabled by the user
  10. If user removes a song from setlists it will remain disabled in the main ‘dlc’ folder as long as there are copies of the song in other setlists.
  11. If user removes an entire setlist, the songs from that setlist will remain disabled in the main ‘dlc’ folder as long as there is a copy of the song in another setlist.
  12. If a song is removed by user from all setlists then the song in the main ‘dlc’ folder will be re-enabled.
  13. If user disables all setlists then all songs in the main ‘dlc’ folder become enabled.
  14. If user enables a single or multiple setlist then those songs in the main ‘dlc’ folder become disabled.
  15. Add other requirements here …
  16. Add right mouse click contextual menu popup feature for: a) Disable/Enable, b)Move/Remove, c) Delete d) Toggle, e) Show File.

• Like 1

I personally unlike put official and custom in one folder. If put them together, is chance accidentally delete good official dlc.

Would be good if cdlc placed in "CDLC" subfolder of "DLC", and manage it as wrote above.

I know it more complicated for programmers.

But how the compromise, option "deleting dlc", need disable-"delete" only for official dlc.

And yes, need option for deleting cldc in Settlist manager. Would be nice have popup menu on right click:

Disable/Enable

Move/Remove

Delete from disk

And unlike 12 and 13 points, if i disabled all cdlc, why it will again enabled total all cdlc, nonsense? I disabled all and don`t want see this, so it must be disabled total, no matter in which folder stay this cdlc.

• Developer

"is chance accidentally delete good official dlc"  Currently, the only place in CFSM where ODLC (Official DLC) can be deleted is in Duplicates tab and only if the ODLC is a duplicate.  There is no chance of accidentally deleting your ODLC in SetlistManager.  The 'greyed out' "Delete setlists/songs without moving songs back to the main dlc folder" is no longer functional since the SetlistManager code was changed from moving CDCL/ODCL to just copying it. 

"Would be good if cdlc placed in "CDLC" subfolder of "DLC", and manage it"  You are describing a Setlist named 'CDLC'.  You should be able to create the structure you are describing with the current SetlistManager.

"But how the compromise, option "deleting dlc", need disable-"delete" only for official dlc."  I don't understand.  Please provide more details.

And yes, need option for deleting cldc in Settlist manager. Would be nice have popup menu on right click:   OK

Disable/Enable Current SetlistManager has this function as a button.  Need to add right click feature.

Move/Remove  Current SetlistManager has this function as a button.  Need to add right click feature.

Delete from disk  Ok can provide delete option for CDLC with other right click features.

And unlike 12 and 13 points, if i disabled all cdlc, why it will again enabled total all cdlc, nonsense? I disabled all and don`t want see this, so it must be disabled total, no matter in which folder stay this cdlc.  OK

Please think about what you want some more and add details to the list.  A major code revision, like is being proposed here, is a real pain and we want to get it right.  So please provide as much detail as you can.  If you can draw a flow chart that would be great too.

EDIT: Your suggestions/requests as I understand them have been added to the Setlist Manager proposed future workflow and features above.

• Like 1

• Developer

How about a feature to allow you to copy a CDLC from any setlist to any other setlist?  Instead of just being able to copying from the main 'dlc' folder.  This would address the request to have a setlist named 'CDLC' because then you could copy from the 'CDLC' setlist subfolder as well.

@@cozy1 It exactly what i want.

If fair i very like Roadie, he have all functions that need, very useful, clear view, fast work, only one issue - not finished the work with duplicates. So would be nice copy all functions that was in Roadie in to CFSM. i don`t understood why many of functions was missed after combine Roadie with CFSM.

I hope you tried used Roadie, so you can know how it did work.

It exactly that you wrote above "to copy from any setlist to any other setlist"", also to move selected lists (combine with other list) or selected cdlc, also to delete from list (to move to unsorted list), or delete from disk.

Would be perfect to make the copy all functions and logic Roadie in to CFSM with most design- all buttons, windows, search etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

@Motive  Give the latest beta build of CFSM a try.  Right mouse click on a song in SetlistManager will give you all the options you are looking for.  This describes new SetlistManager behavior.

• 5 weeks later...

Need fixes and improves. In tab Setlist manager.

1. After copy cdlc to list (selected in Setlist) of "Master Songs", position selected list in "Setlist" always reset to first position (on top list). (it is very boring every time select necessary list after copy every cdlc.)

2. Option "Show Setlist songs" not saving state if exit of tool, need save this option.

3. Need add possibility select cdlc via lasso on right click-retention of mouse or left c-r of mouse, and (or) possibility multiple selecting via shift+left click - chain of rows, and ctrl+left click free multiple selections. I think column "Select" useless, it work only for one cdlc, but btw all of us have hundreds cdlc in library.

4. Need possibility resize subwindows in Setlist manager, Settlist have very small wide and height.

5. Subwindow "SongPacks" need move to tab  "Song packs" which have enough space for it and more logical for this place.

6. Need to cut  full path in column "path" So don`t need to show all root directory, like full path " D:\Steam\Rocksmith\Dlc", it useless and  It takes a lot of space. Enough show all dir(s) in DLC folder.

7. Need add button in bottom, near with "Add selected song to list" with function "Move selected song to list". At right click via menu this "move" work fine.

8. Need  change blue color of lines in "Master Songs" to more grey and light, hard for read such contrast and it bad for clear view, if will be add function for multiple selection via mouse.

• Developer

I will look into it.  It would have been better to define these features/issues here when you were asked for input.  :(