seperate bass/guitar only folders?

Beatlejuice66

Question

8 answers to this question

While your on the subject of guitar/bass differences - I personally think you shouldn't be able to get the Magna Charter title unless your cdlc have the following if applicable.

• 1 Guitar & 1 Bass track
  • Lyrics
  • Riff Repeater & DD
  • Custom tones

May not be a popular opinion and i'm not singling anyone out but I think Magna Charter should only be bestowed on charters who produce cdlc that are good enough to be actual dlc's. Don't get me wrong i'm not knocking anyone who produces cdlc without the above points but it's innacurate to be labelled a magna charter if you do. Maybe Mediocre Charter  or  Casual Charter would be more suitable :P :P :D

• Like 2

While your on the subject of guitar/bass differences - I personally think you shouldn't be able to get the Magna Charter title unless your cdlc have the following if applicable.

• 1 Guitar & 1 Bass track
  • Lyrics
  • Riff Repeater & DD
  • Custom tones

May not be a popular opinion and i'm not singling anyone out but I think Magna Charter should only be bestowed on charters who produce cdlc that are good enough to be actual dlc's. Don't get me wrong i'm not knocking anyone who produces cdlc without the above points but it's innacurate to be labelled a magna charter if you do. Maybe Mediocre Charter  or  Casual Charter would be more suitable :P :P :D

So their sync can suck, their chart can suck, their album art be poorly chosen, and they may not have a 3 or 4 second lead in, but as long as they have the 4 things you mentioned about, they aren't mediocre, but magna?

See the problem with such criteria? ;)

Also, it's not inaccurate to label them as such if the current criteria does not require it. (Full disclosure: I specifically asked not to be a magna charter because I like my name being in blue (see LaceyB on the left) rather than green.)

Anyway, this bird has flown. We're 18 months in and have magna charters with two customs who didn't even ask to be made a magna charter.

And we obviously don't need to segregate bass vs guitar customs any more than we already do since it is obvious to anyone which is which in the database, and the renamer function in the CF Song Manager can now rename your customs including the arrangements (thanks to the devs for implementing my suggestion).

Those 4 points were just a starter,  obviously quality would definitely be an issue but as you say this bird has flown so it's just a moot point.

You definitely look better in blue .

Totally agree with the segregation issue , if you want to be a Bass or Guitar Nazi the song manager is perfect for this. Personally I seperate into genre albeit only 3 - Punk , RnR and Everything else

I agree with @ that unless you actually have some sort of quality review, any sort of "checklist" that you could have to be a magna charter is pretty meaningless. It seems to me that a lot of the things @ mentions are often done to "check boxes" rather than to improve the quality of the custom.

For example:

-Things with bad bass or guitar charts. These happen because the tabs were probably highly rated on UG, and also some bassists are charters and can't play the guitar parts, or some guitarists don't care to test the bass charts. Then there are stupid things like one fret slides that last multiple seconds, terrible fretboard logic, and things like that.

-Lyrics that clearly haven't been touched after going through Ultra Star Creator. Way off sync from the actual vocals, no line breaks, some multi-syllable words that aren't broken up into syllables.

-There's riff repeater... but only three sections in a 7 minute song.

-Dynamic difficulty... I myself often just throw this in because it takes very little effort on my part. I'm guessing many others are the same.

-There are custom tones... but they're so bad they give me a headache.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

• Administrator

Aside from the whole quality discussion that doesn't have any place here.

You can filter CDLC to only display CDLC that contain the part you want to play which can be really helpful when trying to see if a song is available.

The CF manager app can also help you arrange your CDLC library in many ways and if you're not found of the app, then you can always manage your CDLC with folders and put them in and out when you want to in some minimum amount of time.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

You can filter CDLC to only display CDLC that contain the part you want to play which can be really helpful when trying to see if a song is available.

The CF manager app can also help you arrange your CDLC library in many ways and if you're not found of the app, then you can always manage your CDLC with folders and put them in and out when you want to in some minimum amount of time.

Do you know why some posts have been removed from this thread ? Have I broken a rule ?

• Administrator

Do you know why some posts have been removed from this thread ? Have I broken a rule ?

This topic is about separating bass CDLC from guitar CDLC, not quality. You can always create another topic if you want to discuss the subject but anymore dicussion about CDLC quality will be deleted.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

This topic is about separating bass CDLC from guitar CDLC, not quality. You can always create another topic if you want to discuss the subject but anymore dicussion about CDLC quality will be deleted.

No Worries, I'll go and sit on the naughty step for a bit and reflect on my actions