Melodic pop/rock songs for Lead Guitar needed!

Weezer

Question

12 answers to this question

Same Muse - Unnatual selection. Assasin(studio vers). Stockholm syndrome. 

Radiohead - Just, try some SOAD like BYOB or BFMV was good too, COB has some neat tracks. you can go for a bluesy songs too. last dlc pack should fit, and BB king good too, I haven't played a 5% of cdlc so you may find more good music to play here)

Hi guys,

I am looking for songs like Knights of Cydonia (LEAD) with lots of single notes and nice melodies..

Many songs have got solos that take ages to master which is not what I am looking for.

Any suggestions? 

Maybe not your cup of tea as they're punk but have a look at these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UzGLYZfRyI

Operation Ivy - Bankshot

These are simple 1 note at time riffs but with power chords and barre chords inbetween. Imo its the next step up from playing single notes and essentionaly only learning 2 hand shapes. Even playing them badly but with tons of distortion sounds ok to me lol.  Once you can play power chords adequately there are 1000's of songs out there. If you intend to learn power chords , make sure you learn the correct techniques now , dont learn any bad habits as its very difficult to stop those bad habits.

Bad Religion - American Jesus

Bad Religion - Stranger Than Fiction

• Like 1

Metric! Sick Muse, Combat Baby, or other like Black Sheep, Breathing Underwater, well all except Gimme Sympathy (chords exclusive) and Dead Disco (almost chord exclusive).

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Thanks for your suggestions!

I found the perfect song pack for me - it's the "Bachsmith"-Songpack. Lots of great melodies and single notes, just what I was looking for. I will check out your suggestions as well. Maybe there are more ideas, the more the better!

• Like 1

Another one you may like, which is also quite easy - Mr. Sandman. Old classic, guitar parts are really vocals transposed to guitar, very fun to play.

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Administrator

The official DLC Ho Hey by the lumineers on lead is simply the transcription of the singing part so it's only single note all along and it's not that difficult.

Queen also have some song that are mostly single note. Audioslave also have some lead part that are mostly single note and some basic chord in the middle.

To self promote a bit, The Attic by In Flames (C std) or Varmlandsvisan (E std) or Pallar Anders Visa (C# std) on lead are single note only. Old In Flames like Stand Ablaze or Everdying in D std are also mostly single note but it can be quite fast so it might be harder for a beginner.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

most of the Audioslave and Rage Against the Machine songs may have what you want.

Also take a look at Take Me Out by Franz Ferdinand. It is good alternate picking practice too.

I think all of the lead parts are on youtube so you can take a peek and see if they are what you are looking for.

My Youtube channel is basically a list of Rocksmith's easiest songs because those are the only ones I can play.  :P

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMV9RfoApHM5Zmi1CobqTJw