Year200X

Xstatic

Question

I emailed the band Year200X a video of one of my customs and asked if they would provide me the notes for their songs to make customs since their songs tabs  arent on the internet and they actually liked the idea of having their songs made into cdlc and gave me the guitar pro files for all 19 of the songs from their 2 albums and want to show any videos I make on their social media stuff.  I thought it was neat that a band actually responded and liked the idea.  They are a smaller game music cover band so I'm sure any exposure is good for them so win win situation.  I actually bought their albums so the songs will be made from 320 quality mp3s instead of youtube rips.  You can hear their music at http://year200x.bandcamp.com/

• Like 4

6 answers to this question

Yeah the guitar pro files they gave me have  2 leads a rhythm and bass arrangement for each song.  They are all in D standard but a couple have 5 string bass so I probably wont be able to do bass on a few I have never got the 5 sring bass trick to work.  I will do that song for sure but I already started on a couple others the files seems to sync up really good since its their music so it should make it pretty easy to do but do you have any tone suggestion Im not sure how well any of mine will match with their sound.  Im almost done with their chrono cross song and started the castlevania 3 song.

Yeah the guitar pro files they gave me have  2 leads a rhythm and bass arrangement for each song.  They are all in D standard but a couple have 5 string bass so I probably wont be able to do bass on a few I have never got the 5 sring bass trick to work.  I will do that song for sure but I already started on a couple others the files seems to sync up really good since its their music so it should make it pretty easy to do but do you have any tone suggestion Im not sure how well any of mine will match with their sound.  Im almost done with their chrono cross song and started the castlevania 3 song.

I'd be happy to handle the songs with 5-string bass, if you'd like. I've done a few of them before.

Edit: Also the FF VI track  :D

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

I'll see if they care if i give those out they dont have them posted online they make people ask for them for some reason I don't know if theres any reasoning behind it or what.  It took like 2 months to get a reply the first time but the second was only a week or two.

• Like 1

I'll see if they care if i give those out they dont have them posted online they make people ask for them for some reason I don't know if theres any reasoning behind it or what.  It took like 2 months to get a reply the first time but the second was only a week or two.

It would be pretty weird if they were OK with you making CDLC and playthrough videos but not let other people see them. Because

-Playing in Rocksmith acts as a sort of tablature (but requires Rocksmith to play)

-Rocksmith playthrough videos act as a sort of tablature (though less convenient than a tab if you really need to slow things down)

-GP tabs can be extracted from Rocksmith .psarc files, so anyone with the toolkit and access to this site can get the tab.

It's good to check with them anyway to make sure, but if they don't want the tabs to be spread they probably shouldn't be OK with making Rocksmith CDLC from them.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!