Advanced: @@MaZtoR
Masterclass: N/A

Bass:
Beginner: N/E
Intermediate: @@Huumetucca
Advanced: @@Bentron
Masterclass: @@albatross213

Congrats to all the winners.

Honorably Mentions for @fiddlestick and @@NoonyDeloony for 100% on Intermediate Bass and @@Bentron, @@fiddlesticks and @@supername for 100% on Advanced Bass.

Videos! @@albatross213

. @@NoonyDeloony
. @@Sakata

The songs for this week are:

Lead Path:
Beginner: 28 Days - Rip It Up (3) (chosen by @@MonstaS4

(use dropbox link from the release notes)
Intermediate: Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know (5) (chosen by @@Gamut )
Advanced: NoMeansNo - Rags and Bones (8) (chosen by @ )
Masterclass: Testament - Alone in the Dark (9) (chosen by @@Mercenary

Rhythm Path:
Beginner: 
N/A
Intermediate: Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know (5)
Advanced: Testament - Alone in the Dark (8)

Masterclass: Rage - Straight To Hell (originally played on week 49) (8)

Bass Path:
Beginner: 28 Days - Rip It Up (2)
Intermediate: Two Door Cinema Club - What You Know (5)
Advanced: Testament - Alone in the Dark (5)
Masterclass: NoMeansNo - Rags and Bones (9)

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Boom Boom Boom Exercise!

Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle

Don't be scared by that name. We decided to use @ as much as we can, so we're starting an exercise. It won't be a weekly challange and there won't be a winner. But it will be there so you can post scores and see your and others progression. Exercise won't fade away, so you'll be able to post scores as long as we'll be around. Here is the new Exercise Leaderboard. Have fun with that little activity!

Honorable list Diehard Member:

Honorable list FreeBird Member:
Participating as a FreeBird, without a class  ;)

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

Have a great week!

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Seriusly no comment?LOL.Also title says week 103,but you wrote 102 to the dec.  :) Just saying.

• Like 1

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Boom Boom Boom Exercise!

Exercise: Blues Comping 1 in A major shuffle

Don't be scared by that name. We decided to use @ as much as we can, so we're starting an exercise. It won't be a weekly challange and there won't be a winner. But it will be there so you can post scores and see your and others progression. Exercise won't fade away, so you'll be able to post scores as long as we'll be around. Here is the new Exercise Leaderboard. Have fun with that little activity!

• Like 7

Hush little @@ShrillBear52, don't say a word
And never mind that noise you heard
It's just the beast under your bed
In your closet, in your head

• Like 6

Media Fire blocked Rip It Up cdlc as a violation of terms of service.  Can someone else give it a try

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Hush little @@ShrillBear52, don't say a word

And never mind that noise you heard

It's just the beast under your bed

In your closet, in your head

This post made me laugh so hard!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

@ - that linked worked, thanks

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

I was a bit ill towards the end of last week, so didn't play very much.  I feel a little better today though:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKMzRKRkN4dm5ob00/view?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Adv bass: quite easy other than the intro.

MC bass: 

http://i.imgur.com/H3D2xu4.jpgI could have sworn it said "picked" in the song selection screen, and I imagine it actually is picked (and... it looks like their bassist plays with a pick). Pretty tough with fingers between the chords and the one riff which makes for an awkard plucking pattern (second section and repeats). While I've gotten better at playing with a pick due to picking up guitar, I'd rather stick to my fingers unless people make me use one.

Also, it's not beat synced. From what I saw it stayed pretty close most of the time so it wasn't as bad as some others, but it's kind of annoying (especially as a bassist) not to be able to rely on the visual representation of when you play with respect to the beats.

• Like 5

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Just a start...

Comping in A Maj on bass - 99%  I'll fix that when I get a moment.  I played around with this on two weeks ago, so this wasn't my first time through it.

Rip It Up on bass 97% by the second run through - I'll move on to something else

• Like 6

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

http://up.picr.de/23364135ul.jpg

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

moving on to What You Know on bass.  after an hour in RR, I'm up to 97%

• Like 2

And I looped back to finish this off - Blues Comping in A Major = 100%

• Like 2

New stuff!!

http://i.imgur.com/XbgP1Ff.jpg

Been forever since I got a pick in, it's about time! :yum:

This is some good old catchy radio rock. Some tricky chords for intermediate, but all the melodic bits are easy ear candy. When I suggested this I thought it was a really good chart but actually there are a couple tabbing errors in the chorus and break, if my ears aren't lying. The sync/tones are pretty good, though.

http://i.imgur.com/grIaKOZ.jpg

:no_mouth:

Not sure how that came out of me. Restarted it once about twenty seconds after I got the hang of the hook, but other than that this was a completely blind sightread. This is definitely harder than Cholly, too... just plays to my strengths, I guess.

Enjoyable song choice, super funky and really fun rhythms.

I'll tune down for Testament later.

• Like 5

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

I got a bunch of images incoming from guitar-land:

Int lead: 

http://i.imgur.com/ktcmC03.jpgOk, so how the hell do I fret these two (first, second) chords? And there might have been some others I found weird. Anyway, outside of the intro chords and these chords I feel like this song isn't too hard, but I don't really know what I should be doing for these chords (the first I've been trying to use my thumb, and sometimes it's been good enough to get the chord "recognized", but I find it next to impossible to get my thumb there and my pinky on the D string without muting everything else).

Adv lead. Should be able to improve upon this significantly with some practice. Should be good picking practice along the way, too.

Adv rhy. Crappy since it was my first time through the song without any RR or anything. Can definitely improve. Not yet sure how I'd compare it in difficulty to Alison Hell from last week.

MC lead: Uh, something must have been broken  :huh:. Played immediately after playing rhythm. Got totally pwnt on the solo.

• Like 4

Ok, so how the hell do I fret these two (first, second) chords? And there might have been some others I found weird. Anyway, outside of the intro chords and these chords I feel like this song isn't too hard, but I don't really know what I should be doing for these chords (the first I've been trying to use my thumb, and sometimes it's been good enough to get the chord "recognized", but I find it next to impossible to get my thumb there and my pinky on the D string without muting everything else).

1. You got it. Stairway on 9-12, wrap your thumb around for the E string. 

2. Bar with your index and fret the 11 and 12 with your ring and pinkie. Takes some stretching - I kind of rotate my hand counterclockwise a little to get it sounding clean.

• Like 1

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

@, @@Gamut - I think the capo makes the most sense to me, and I think all of the chords occur above the 9th fret. There are some notes later in the song that are lower, but it should be easy enough to move those over a string or two so they're playable with the capo. Thanks!

Also, my guitar's a seven string, so fretting with my thumb isn't as easy as it could be, which is probably why I especially like the capo solution.