Rock Band 4

Rockfirstlast

• Administrator

I'm only curious about those improv thing, looked shitty on the video i've seen but well it's the only new thing so maybe it's not as bad as it seems.

But i won't buy it anyway as i don't have any console :p

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

So Rock Band 4, probably one of the best yet in the series, and its only going to evolve from here on out.

I will start off that this feels more like an Indie game, so launch day, you're going to get the most basic version of Rock Band 4 available. This isnt a bad thing for day one players, its still a solid experience, but its going to be more enticing to buy much later. 

The DLC is still a work in progress, which I am okay with, I feel bad for the intern at PSN to catalogue 2,000 seperate items in the store. While there is no word on RBN songs being available, I still have my fingers crossed that it will make a return.

The 65 songs on the disk are great, but you have to force yourself to play them. Soul Remnants, Brandi Carlisle, and Lucius just earned a new fan out of me :)

Freestyle solos are neat, although I'm too hardcore of a player to really enjoy them, but I will definitely leave it on for parties.

Speaking of hardcore players, you can see how close you are to gold stars on a song now, I like that a lot.

I will admit, I am a huge fan of Rock Band, its what started my guitar career(not to mention I probably have sunk about...i dunno 4,000 hours into the series) so this review isnt completely objective, so take from it what you will.

Many nice scores on all songs :)

• Administrator

About the on-disc songs, it's mostly a matter of taste and to be honest i prefer GHL setlist this time.

For having RB3, i don't see any reason to buy this new one except for the on-disc song (but you'll loose the keyboard and pro guitar part...) so i really have a hard time to see this game as a solid basis as the innovation seems invisible (maybe the drum break that are probably way better now from what they say but it's quite thin to justify 50$)

The animation are still shitty, the highway is still so fuckin short (why only half the screen?)...

I really like Rock Band but on this one, i really feel like they just made a RB2.5, they got rid of stuff from RB3 that where interesting and just kept the basics element of gameplay.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

If you have rocksmith, why would you ever go back to games like that? I had a friend falling victim to this. He played guitar hero like crazy for probably more than a year, and he was pretty good at it. Imagine if he spend all that time actually playing a real guitar/rocksmith :D The funny thing is, he actually has a real guitar. Not that he was good at playing it, but still. I don't get why people would want to learn a game over the real deal. It wouldn't surprise me if he was well above 1k hours playtime on guitar hero. 

• Like 2

If you have rocksmith, why would you ever go back to games like that? I had a friend falling victim to this. He played guitar hero like crazy for probably more than a year, and he was pretty good at it. Imagine if he spend all that time actually playing a real guitar/rocksmith :D The funny thing is, he actually has a real guitar. Not that he was good at playing it, but still. I don't get why people would want to learn a game over the real deal. It wouldn't surprise me if he was well above 1k hours playtime on guitar hero. 

Drums and playing with others.

No one wants to play Rocksmith with me, not even my guitarist friends.  But everyone is down for Rock Band.

• Like 2

@@Rockfirstlast i don't get it.... Why wouldn't they play RS with you ? I mean even if you or all of you sound horrible like me... the simple solution would be get the volume of the song up and the guitar/bass down. So that you sound better tho [emoji111] [emoji38] .

If one of my friends would tell me that i suck while playing along, i would tell him go to hell and headbang like crazy while missing every single note/chord/bend/sustain etc completely [emoji23]

• Administrator

@@ikwtif same reason why people play Arma and not COD (or simply go to a shooting range) sometimes it's cool to have an arcadish kinda thing to have some fun without any hassle.

RB and GH are just some arcade games that are fun for what they are, RS is something else (closer to what we call simulation game) and both can be fun in their own way.

And yeah drum and vocals are still quite unique enough on RB than it can be worth the money for some people too :D especially since GHL is guitar only.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Most songs on Rocksmith are too complex for a nice evening with some beers. There are some simple songs, but most often my friends are frustrated very soon. Noone who does not use the program on a daily basis wants to play with me, and I think games like Rock Band are just made for that, Rocksmith is not.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Maybe in the future you can turn your Rocksmith customs into Rockband PC customs, so you'll have that going for you.

That would be cool, apart from the fact that RB works with multitracks, so you'll only have the full experience when you have access to that (no freestyle solos i.e.). Should still be fun though but I'll have to re-chart most songs, no doubt.

• Administrator

The good thing for CDLC is that we will probably have easier access to all the multitrack availble on RB which more multitrack custom on here.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography