GuitarPro 6 bends (notation/timing)

ikwtif

Question

I'm not finding any info on this anywhere so tought I would ask here.

Is there a reason why the bend notation (curved bend line) gets stretched out to the next note? In the example: highlighted note on11th fret on b string. I would like to make it show the bend length instead of looking like the bend ends on the end right before the next note. 

cfcb0f79c90c1bd42952e07979652807.png

Wich brings me to another question. From watching a youtube video, the bend window should show segments of the beat when it's a long bend/has tied notes like in the example below (from the video). I assume the bend above should have similar vertical sections as the example below? Or am I just missing something here?

918ed289da4f766a376fa3fd377934cf.png

This is what it looks like for me

17bb80e254cfac034ba2e058338e1d58.png

7 answers to this question

The segments doesn't appears if your note is too long. more than a quarter if I remeber well. 

What I do is set my bend on my first note then on the second set a bend hold. Then I know exactly were the note is bent.

Hope this helps.

• Like 2

Take a look at my Workshop. You'll find which song I plan to create someday.

Please leave constructive feedback, it helps me creating better customs !

Please don't thanks with comment but with the button !

@@BHMath

Thanks. Yeah that's a good workaround. Shame there is no option to change that otherwhise tough. I don't really like how the note notation doesn't change with the bend either (as in, it's not showing the note being bend to but stays the note the bend starts on). Any idea if there is a setting for that you can change in guitarpro?

No there's no option for that in GP as there's no standard notation for bend in the classical music sheet notation.

I know but most of the 'official' guitar tabblature I have from artists/songs/lessons actually have bends in the classical notation. So it is kind of weird to me that this option is not in a program that is specifically made for guitar tabs. 

And I know you can actually toggle a bend notation in GP6. But when you actually want a proper notation with the note you bend to in the classical notation you are stuck with the note showing up in the guitar tab, wich just makes it confusing in my opinion. Unless there is an option I'm missing to hide a note without tying it to the previous one?

Because with that method it looks like the picture below. Wich I would be ok with for classical notation, but like I said, the note showing up in the guitar tab just makes it confusing. It looks most solid for the classical notation tough. I guess I could use a ghost note for the 13th fret, but that also just makes it sound weird and doesn't seem to work that well with very fast bends (like the left one) and just looks confusing to me.

5811c616ee427029f7aa1c70507e817b.png

regular

d99b777922e6be209042c9f7cb8c8048.png

With Hold bend (Not sure why when I use a hold bend it even shows a bend again on the 2nd note. )

76526a30c7ebdc7e9ccf11993b0353fb.png

• Administrator

The bend indicator in the standard notation should already be enough for a player to know what he should do (you always show the starting note for any kind of ornementation)

GP6 is complete for the tab notation but have some flaws on standard notation and that's understandable (if you want a really complete standard notation gor for a software like Sibelius but don't try to tab a guitar part in there...)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

The bend indicator in the standard notation should already be enough for a player to know what he should do (you always show the starting note for any kind of ornementation)

GP6 is complete for the tab notation but have some flaws on standard notation and that's understandable (if you want a really complete standard notation gor for a software like Sibelius but don't try to tab a guitar part in there...)

I'd say it was understandable if it was a new IP. But to have these flaws in a sixth version, you have to pay a good amount of money for. And I don't really have a problem with the standard notation itself but the dissonance between the standard notation and the guitar tab (basically what I showed in the last post)