Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 102

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

better

http://i57.tinypic.com/2e52vd1.jpg

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

great scores ladies and gentlemen  :clap:

leaderboard up to date

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

me too  :lol:

http://up.picr.de/23336894ms.jpg

• Like 6
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Alice, isn't it frightening...

http://i.imgur.com/sQ3PQsz.jpg

how quickly I'm improving at rhythm guitar?

Though I guess you could argue this is disappointing on some levels, because other than the first real riff (ABCECB...) and the chorus I can 100% (or very close to it) every section in the song at full speed. I still often lose track of which string I'm on, and when playing faster stuff like this my pick often starts slipping out of my hands a bit.

Also, @@bernixix - there was something that I suspected in the chorus so I started snooping around online. Each of the two sets of chords that are played in quick succession are connected by slides and only picked once, as can be seen in this video played by the man himself. If it causes note recognition problems I'm fine with it as is, though. The high part also looks like it's a unison bend with no slide-out (for which: why is it going up currently? Just default slide import stuff?). Lastly, in the intro riff, he says earlier in the video that there's a harmony that's just three frets higher than what's currently in the song (based on @@Sakata's video, it looks the same in lead as in rhythm).

Anyway, I'm going to try to improve on "Pump it Up" and "Cholly". Wouldn't be surprised if I end the week with higher scores on the advanced songs than on the intermediate, because I am that bad at barre chords. My hand just doesn't seem to want to both have the barre securely down and the other positions fretted cleanly (though maybe I'm trying to push down too hard with my other fingers...). Then again, if I have a breakthrough on the barres it could easily go way above the others.

Lastly, kind of belated, but yay!, we're getting a new member in MC bass in @@fiddlesticks. Congrats! Now, you know what I'm hoping for:

Noony! Noony! Noony! Noony!

(@@NoonyDeloony. And also you, @@Bentron).

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 5

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

http://i.imgur.com/BMIpzTM.jpg?1

I still think this isn't quite Advanced level. I haven't even touched Riff Repeater - the only form of practice I've done on it is play it a time or two a day, and I'm already in danger of classing up if I play it any more. That ain't right! I had a harder time learning Cold Hard Bitch than this.

• Like 4

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

players listed: 118 (!)

leader changes:

@@koffein - ADV BASS

Congratulations!!!!!

http://i59.tinypic.com/15gcz9e.jpg

Have a great week everyone!!!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Short week for me - and next week I am on the road and can unfortunately not participate. But I'll be back to this great community. Love having new challenges every week.

LEAD - 96.63%

22027572182_b1b460df0e_z.jpg

BASS - 99.86%

22049840331_aca721c451_z.jpg

• Like 6

Problems with Rocksmith registering? Don't bother - remember the wise words of Yngwie Malmsteen:

"Use your ears; If it sounds good, then it is good!"

Adv. Lead:

http://s27.postimg.org/gkpguli77/fishbone_cholly_lead.png

Just needs a little more polishing.

MC Bass:

http://s27.postimg.org/xwzgqw7dv/annihilator_alison_hell_bass.png

So close to my target of 99% :(

Few bits and pieces to concentrate on but I should get there by weeks end.

• Like 4

Advanced Bassist - Cholly, how will you rate it's difficulty? Will you save @@koffein? Or will you let him fall into the abyss of MasterClass?

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Advanced Bassist - Cholly, how will you rate it's difficulty? Will you save @@koffein? Or will you let him fall into the abyss of MasterClass?

Can I vote to save myself too?

http://i.imgur.com/HiE4P7D.jpg

I was really kicking myself when my finger slipped on the one note right at the end.  I do think it's on the easy side for advanced, but at this point I don't think I qualify as an impartial judge.  MC is a scary place :)

• Like 3

I concur @@Bentron :) I've not played this since my last update and I've only played it twice, too scared incase I get MC'd again... It's cold at that altitude!

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

So, at what point does my inability to hit a x25 multiplier become impressive?

http://i.imgur.com/HCNYoDr.jpg

Getting Cholly around where it should be.

http://i.imgur.com/Kyz2QsF.jpgI still agree with @@Gamut that this is pretty easy for the class (though I have less of an idea what constitutes "easy" for guitar, or how different lead and rhythm should be considered). It's definitely not trivial, but the solo is easy, and the chord progressions aren't too bad. There's nothing here that I feel I couldn't master if I had a few more hours to throw at it (which I might tomorrow night or Saturday morning?)

Also, why are people so reluctant to join MC bass? There are no monsters here: @@then3verend is gone. There's only me...

:)

• Like 5

After playing both paths a few times I also would rate it more to easy advanced. So if not wanted to be leveled up they can stay in their class I think. 

Also, why are people so reluctant to join MC bass? There are no monsters here: @@then3verend is gone. There's only me...

they're probably feared of the MC songs and it's hard work to master them, not the participants

• Like 4

MasterClass Bass - 94%, 256 streak

I was tuned with my guitar, so I gave an emulated bass try. Really fun line, I would try to give it a real bass shot in the future.

Beginner Lead - 97%, 207 streak

I like this one. It could be quite better, if not some mistakes early on.

• Like 3

they're probably feared of the MC songs and it's a piece of cake to master them if you're good enough, even Advanced bassists should be able to learn most MC songs in a week

Fixed xD

But seriously, people are getting good, dont be afraid of a challenge, embrace it

• Like 4

Many nice scores on all songs :)

There are some issues with Google Drive. But don't worry (unless you don't trust Google :ph34r: ).

Fixed xD

But seriously, people are getting good, dont be afraid of a challenge, embrace it

Your modification isn't really true, but I wouldn't say it's particularly untrue, either. If you're hitting 98.5% and higher somewhat regularly on advanced bass, you should be able to at least hit 80% on most MC bass songs (there are some definite exceptions -especially songs with lots of tapping or slapping) without too much trouble. There will probably be some weeks where you get hit hard with something too far beyond your ability level, but you can always just focus on the advanced song that week. But for the most part, playing challenging songs and really taking the time to get better at them is a big part of improving your playing.

@@fiddlesticks - Are you going to make me do another run on MC bass?

• Like 1