Help w/ Adjusting Tuning of Bonus Arrangment in EOF

A51Ripcord

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/Ripcord32/Mandolin_Tuning_Help.jpg

I have a bonus Arrangement I am doing I am doing for my first custom, It is a mandolin and Vital to the song.

The Tab had it at ( 4 String ) so I change it to ( 6 String ), Placed in some Zero's on string 1 and 2.

Built the .psarc Loaded up and tried again to TUNE to GDAEBE  with no luck. 

I tried to change tuning in the SONG CREATOR by Editing Arrangement and rebuilding to E STANDARD, Drop D with no luck.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/Ripcord32/Mandolin_Tuning_Help_01.jpg

What can I do in Order for this Bonus Arrangement to Tune and play on a regular acoustic or electric Guitar?

It may make things simpler to go into "Track>Rocksmith>Arrangement type" and change it to something besides bass, at least then the default tuning of 0 0 0 0 0 0 will be treated as the standard E tuning of EADGBe.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/Ripcord32/Mandolin%20Tuning%20Help%2002.jpg

It was Set at COMBO, I Changed to LEAD, SAVE, GENERATE,

Loaded and tried to tune my guitar to the point of strings breaking they were so tight.

It seems to me that I might need to drop all the notes down two strings,

Maybe Instead of ZERO's on string 1 and 2, I move notes and place ZERO's in 5 and 6? 

Playing a mandolin part on a guitar is always going to be difficult.  Choosing this as your first custom is going to be even harder :D

I'm looking at the GP5 of Copperhead Road which I found on UG.  I see that there is also a .gpx version, but I don't have GP6.

The GP5 version has the mandolin part on standard bass tuning EADG, although it's on a treble clef.  I don't understand why you need to tune it to GDAE, but I've never played mandolin and you could also be using the .gpx tab.

The tab does look identical to the tabs in your top screen though, the notes in EoF, so I reckon it's good to go on EADG (sounds good when played in GP5 anyway).

I suggest:

- Import the .gp5 mandolin track onto a bass track in EoF (this will cause less hassle with turnings and extra strings)

- In EoF, copy and paste the notes onto a guitar track (it will work fine I've done this many times)

- Just use E Standard guitar tuning for the arrangement

Just as a point of note, you might want to roll back the sustain so that the notes' tails in game do not go right up to the next note - its musically accurate but very annoying in game imo.  Quickest way is to, with Grid Snap enabled, hit Ctrl+A then roll the mouse wheel down 2 or 3 times, depending on taste and which grid snap you have on.

You need to be far more careful doing this with guitar solos etc (where sustain tails are unique to certain notes), but this track looks repetitive enough to just do it once.

Did you really try to tune your G string up 9 semitones???

Next time wear safety goggles :lol:

• Like 1

Playing a mandolin part on a guitar is always going to be difficult.  Choosing this as your first custom is going to be even harder :D

I suggest:

- Import the .gp5 mandolin track onto a bass track in EoF (this will cause less hassle with turnings and extra strings)

- In EoF, copy and paste the notes onto a guitar track (it will work fine I've done this many times)

- Just use E Standard guitar tuning for the arrangement

Ok, Giving this a shot..

UPDATE:

It worked! You are a GOD D*MN GENIUS PC PLUM! Posting it to the workshop as soon as I can get the proper tone, I used Matchbox 20 3.am Acoustic tone, played it, but it sounds horrible.