Cdlc's blocking each other

ikwtif

Question

Is there a reason why several cdlc's don't show up because of other cdlc's? I was trying to test songs  I'm working on but some don't show up. I have to remove the other ones for one to be able to load in RS. (only one loads everytime I have multiple in the folder, and always the same one)

link to the cdlc's if it's any help

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hodme7zk425azqw/AAB67_z8iPJ2LF9NPhiZ03iaa?dl=0

11 answers to this question

@@Liquidlizard

I'm going to try to remake the cdlc's with the toolkit to see if I messed something up. But I defenitly don't have the same songin any map of RS. Already tried with only those songs in the cdlc map. Not sure what you mean with different creators? Since I'm making the cdlc myself.

And isn't the AppID the cherub rock ID? Or is that different and how would I be able to change that ID?

The AppID should apply to whichever ODLC you have downloaded for the songs to appear, definitely check if anything is causing errors within the charts or Toolkit. I will take a look at the CDLC in the meantime!

• Like 1

Sakata's J-Rock, Speed Metal, and Anime Workshop

Will be bringing more Japanese content within the coming weeks!

Youtube Channel (uploading again)

Also I normally let the Toolkit generate the file in the respective EOF folder and re open Toolkit so I don't run into any problems as I truly never had this problem creating CDLC. Any more information would be of good help

It's not the AppID, since almost all of the customs here use the Cherub Rock AppID.  I think @@Liquidlizard meant the other song ID (I can't remember what it's actually called off the top of my head) that each song is generated with.

Sometimes though, songs just conflict with each other or won't show up.  I would say that at least 1 out of every 10 times I play the game a few of the customs I have won't show up in the game.  It could be happening more frequently too and I'm just not noticing because I have too many customs to pay attention to them all.

Usually, for me, forcing the song list to enumerate again will get songs to show up.  You can do this by restarting the game (obviously) or also by just going back to the main start screen (by hitting esc from the main menu) and then entering the game again.

Also, have you tried removing all of your other customs from your dlc folder and just loading the ones that aren't showing up?  That will help narrow down if it's a problem with the custom(s) itself or if it's a conflict of some kind.

• Like 1

Also I normally let the Toolkit generate the file in the respective EOF folder and re open Toolkit so I don't run into any problems as I truly never had this problem creating CDLC. Any more information would be of good help

I remade the cdlc of Valleys of Neptune and One Rainy Wish. Still the same problem, but now it's reversed. ORW shows up when VoN does not load when it was the other way around with the older cdlc.

The songs load fine on their own when I remove the ones that are in conflict with each other.  But there defenitly seems to be something giving priority to one song being loaded over the others. I also have like 2 other cdlc's I'm working on that don't have this problem and load perfectly fine. It's only with these 3 songs for some reason even tough I use the same format for all of them

And I don't see anything specific they have in common since it's different songs from different albums, different tones etc

Just tested them and only one song will appear at a time like you stated, One Rainy Wish is the one appearing only for me after putting all 3 of them within the folder. Took a look at all the files in Toolkit and could not find anything @@Alex360 would most likely be able to solve the problem when he is online.

• Administrator

The problem can come from 2 major point that should be checked first :

The songID which is the first field of the toolkit must be unique, if two CDLC have the same songID, Rocksmith won't be able to enumerate both properly and will either show only one or mix information of both and making them crash after the tuning. This is the case right here and the most likely to happen in general. You can correct it by simply adding other letter in that field.

The arrangement ID of two arrangement are the same. It will likely only cause a CDLC to crash after tuning. This is unlikely to happen because the toolkit automatically generate those and are simply a complex char long enough to be unlikely to be generate exactly the same twice. This can be corrected by simply regenerate the cdlc with the latest version (the toolkit will ask if you want to regenerate the arrangementID).

PS : for the songID, it isn't displayed in RS and only matter for RS to create the list when enumerating.

PPS : for the songID it's usually good to use something quite unique enough to avoid that issue (like number, nickname of the creator, etc...)

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

The songID which is the first field of the toolkit must be unique, if two CDLC have the same songID, Rocksmith won't be able to enumerate both properly and will either show only one or mix information of both and making them crash after the tuning. This is the case right here and the most likely to happen in general. You can correct it by simply adding other letter in that field.

@@firekorn

Thanks, that worked, at least with the one I tried changing. Maybe I missed it in a tutorial but it is rather confusing, when nothing is entered in the field it displays 'DLC Name' wich made me think it would be best to use the same name everytime as I tought it was maybe a sort option. 

• Administrator

The sort element are the third column of each line and the displayed element is the second column of each line.

On a sidenote i'm not sure you want a song volume of 0dB. My custom are usually around -8 or -9 dB and usually works well relatively to official song so unless you use a really quiet song file in the first place i think you might want to put that a bit lower.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity