Difficulty Problems In Game With Created CDLC

Plingbrix

Question

I recently started venturing into making my own CDLC and while I've had some success in getting it all together .. I've been running into a problem with difficulty in game. Everything else works but when I get in game... it throws like 20 million notes at me despite making DD. Of course I could always go into riff repeater and do it that way but I'd rather do it the way Rocksmith does it making it harder as I go.

7 answers to this question

Could be a number of things, but I am thinking human error.

Did you use the correct arrangement i.e. use the XML with DDC_ at the start?  Maybe you used the unprocessed XML for the build by mistake.

In game, does it have purple bars at the top of the screen, or just yellow lines?

If it does have purple bars, maybe the game started you at 100% (its possible).  In that case just manually put it to zero and let the game build you up again - you can do this in riff repeater.

Started with purple bars and I used the correct xml. Below is a sample of the DDC xml and Non DDC. I wasn't entirely sure of the "DDC_8_max_levels" or phrase length.

Non DDC

<song version="7">
<!-- EOF v1.8RC10 (r1337) -->
  <title>Drop Dead Cynical</title>
  <arrangement>Bass</arrangement>
  <part>1</part>
  <offset>0.000</offset>
  <centOffset>0</centOffset>
  <songLength>198.065</songLength>
  <lastConversionDateTime>9-28-15 22:23</lastConversionDateTime>
  <startBeat>0.000</startBeat>
  <averageTempo>141.160</averageTempo>
  <tuning string0="-5" string1="-5" string2="-5" string3="-5" string4="0" string5="0" />
  <capo>0</capo>
  <artistName>Amaranthe</artistName>
  <artistNameSort>Amaranthe</artistNameSort>
  <albumName>Massive Addictive</albumName>
  <albumYear>2014</albumYear>
  <crowdSpeed>1</crowdSpeed>
  <arrangementProperties represent="1" bonusArr="0" standardTuning="0" nonStandardChords="0" barreChords="0" powerChords="0" dropDPower="0" openChords="0" fingerPicking="0" pickDirection="0" doubleStops="0" palmMutes="0" harmonics="0" pinchHarmonics="0" hopo="1" tremolo="0" slides="0" unpitchedSlides="0" bends="0" tapping="0" vibrato="0" fretHandMutes="0" slapPop="0" twoFingerPicking="0" fifthsAndOctaves="0" syncopation="0" bassPick="0" sustain="1" pathLead="0" pathRhythm="0" pathBass="1" />
  <phrases count="7">
    <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="COUNT" solo="0"/>
    <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="Verse I" solo="0"/>
    <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="Pre-Verse" solo="0"/>
    <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="Verse II" solo="0"/>
    <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="Break" solo="0"/>
    <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="Verse III" solo="0"/>
    <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="END" solo="0"/>
  </phrases>
  <phraseIterations count="8">
    <phraseIteration time="0.000" phraseId="0"/>
    <phraseIteration time="14.209" phraseId="2"/>
    <phraseIteration time="27.923" phraseId="1"/>
    <phraseIteration time="69.066" phraseId="2"/>
    <phraseIteration time="82.780" phraseId="3"/>
    <phraseIteration time="151.351" phraseId="4"/>
    <phraseIteration time="165.066" phraseId="5"/>
    <phraseIteration time="193.780" phraseId="6"/>

DDC

<song version="7">
    <!-- DDC v2.2 - 09/28/2015 - ddc_8_max_levels.xml -->
    <!-- EOF v1.8RC10 (r1337) -->
    <title>Drop Dead Cynical</title>
    <arrangement>Bass</arrangement>
    <part>1</part>
    <offset>0.000</offset>
    <centOffset>0</centOffset>
    <songLength>198.065</songLength>
    <lastConversionDateTime>9-28-15 22:23</lastConversionDateTime>
    <startBeat>0.000</startBeat>
    <averageTempo>141.160</averageTempo>
    <tuning string0="-5" string1="-5" string2="-5" string3="-5" string4="0" string5="0"/>
    <capo>0</capo>
    <artistName>Amaranthe</artistName>
    <artistNameSort>Amaranthe</artistNameSort>
    <albumName>Massive Addictive</albumName>
    <albumYear>2014</albumYear>
    <crowdSpeed>1</crowdSpeed>
    <arrangementProperties represent="1" bonusArr="0" standardTuning="0" nonStandardChords="0" barreChords="0" powerChords="0" dropDPower="0" openChords="0" fingerPicking="0" pickDirection="0" doubleStops="0" palmMutes="0" harmonics="0" pinchHarmonics="0" hopo="1" tremolo="0" slides="0" unpitchedSlides="0" bends="0" tapping="0" vibrato="0" fretHandMutes="0" slapPop="0" twoFingerPicking="0" fifthsAndOctaves="0" syncopation="0" bassPick="0" sustain="1" pathLead="0" pathRhythm="0" pathBass="1"/>
    <phrases count="19">
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="COUNT" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="0" name="p0" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="2" name="p1" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="2" name="p2" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="2" name="p3" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="2" name="p4" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="1" name="p5" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="2" name="p6" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="2" name="p7" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="2" name="p8" solo="0"/>
        <phrase disparity="0" ignore="0" maxDifficulty="2" name="p9" solo="0"/>

</phrases>
    <phraseIterations count="33">
        <phraseIteration time="0.000" phraseId="0" variation=""/>
        <phraseIteration time="0.494" phraseId="2" variation="">
            <heroLevels count="3">
                <heroLevel difficulty="1" hero="1"/>
                <heroLevel difficulty="2" hero="2"/>
                <heroLevel difficulty="2" hero="3"/>
            </heroLevels>
        </phraseIteration>
        <phraseIteration time="7.351" phraseId="3" variation="">
            <heroLevels count="3">
            </heroLevels>
        </phraseIteration>
        <phraseIteration time="14.209" phraseId="4" variation="">
            <heroLevels count="3">

DDC is now at 2.7 (or higher) and thats a really old EoF you are using.  I'd get the newest toolkit and EoF to begin with.

When I started using RS14 customs with DDC sometimes the game would have the song maxed out already i.e. purple bars maxed to full difficulty, then over time the game would always have new customs with DDC at minimum level.

It is possible that you have done everything correctly and its just that the game maxed it out on first play - to be honest I've never really worked out why it does it or not - I think its the game trying to profile your playing, predicting that you can play a G5 power chord (given your progress in other songs) for example.

I'd try playing the song, going into Riff Repeater, selecting all sections and manually putting it to minimum difficulty.  Then the game will do as you expect and level it up as you play it better and better.

Sounds like a pain but really, its far more common for the game to start you on minimum difficulty - it may well be the old toolkit/EoF causing it, so I would definitely upgrade.

And, personally, I use phrase length of 8 and leave everything else at DDC default when I'm making DDC.  You seem to be using an old DDC so I don't know what the settings actually consist of.

Maybe someone else can spot something in the XMLs, I'm not really experienced at raw XML files.

I've never bothered to do battle with auto conversion, I always manually convert my audio, so I'm not too sure about that.

You can keep two versions of the toolkit (and EoF) lying around though, just have them in different unpack folders and make sure you are starting the correct version for your needs.

The newest toolkit will have the newest DDC version.  You could process DDC with that and then build with the older toolkit, although the newer toolkit should build fine now that you have .wems already.  In the audio section of the toolkit, it will only try to convert if you point it to a .wav, if you point it to a .wem then it won't try to convert anything.

What I'd try:

- Get newest EoF, load up the project and make a save using that EoF (force it to save if it says "no changes" or something)

- Get newest toolkit and process the DDC from the fresh XML using phrase length 8 and everything else default

- Build the custom using the newest toolkit

- Try in game (remember to take the old version out of your dlc folder)

If that does not solve it then I would ask in the DDC thread about it, Chilipouni is very helpful and the expert in DDC.