Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 101

Rodman

Can a mod take a look at my place in the Championship please ?

I was going Freebird for a few weeks, but now that I have more time to play I'll rejoin my class - I know I'm already listed in MC Rhythm, but can't find my name anywhere in the lead section.

Not sure if I'm still eligible for MC lead or if I've been downgraded to Advanced ?

• Like 4

I believe Rodman is online in which he can check the leaderboards for ya @@fiddlesticks as they are the organizers haha 

Also welcome to the championship @@Sebastien92! Glad you could join us :D

• Like 1

Sakata's J-Rock, Speed Metal, and Anime Workshop

Will be bringing more Japanese content within the coming weeks!

Youtube Channel (uploading again)

Hi there!

Got these today:

http://i61.tinypic.com/8wzgy9.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/35n0k7m.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/2dtdvdz.jpg

I think it's easier to learn actually tricot than to learn this song...

http://i58.tinypic.com/sgripj.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/6y2z49.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/121e7f7.jpg

• Like 4

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@fiddlesticks - checkin CCL..... brb

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H09RnXq-56FUazV6PmbyZ7N1mnl91zKALZhPljwZJdc/edit#gid=0

update...

yeah, you are not listed...

checkin the last weeks leaderboards....

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

ok...

You didn´t score in 3 weeks - so you are free to choose your class again!

I "enabled" your MC score.

I put you back to Advanced Lead

There is no ADV Score from you in the LB.

Tell me if you wanna go INT again -

According to the 10-week lb you belong to ADV.

• Like 1

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@@MonstaS4 congrats! excellent performance that week! B)

• Like 1

A few comments on this track for @:

1) The thing that I noticed previously with the D/A chords (which Rocksmith annoyingly doesn't change the chord name for, though that's obviously on them and not you) is a little inconsistent on the lead path. The first pre-verse has them, while the second doesn't. I think on the rhythm track both have the D/A chords (and maybe also at the end of the second chorus/transition into the "Yeah I'm Waiting!" bit).

2) The chords with the explicit mutes... I think they get recognized somewhat poorly by Rocksmith. Particularly the ones that lead back in the the last chorus with the G and muted C. I noticed that what I was playing was getting detected only a small portion of the time with the "G chord mute" on the A string I'd been using throughout the rest of the song. I then tried playing just the G, which also didn't work, so I tried a "heavier" mute on the A, and that had a higher (but still far from 100%) success rate. I'm not sure if you need to strike a muted A to get it to sound right, but it's detecting strangely and I haven't seen many explicit mutes in chords in many other customs or official songs.

I see what you mean, for

1) I don't think it's inconsistent, just not only copy and paste. A little bit variation makes it more interesting I think. And probably I didn't hear the A bassnote in the later parts while transcribing.

2) The G5 chords with the muted C is just like it is gripped. The fingering for this chord is only 3 fingers, while your index is on E string slightly sloped and touching and muting the A string on 3rd fret. It is just more accurate written than most customs, but I never noticed any note recognition issues there.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Intermediate Lead - 94.51%, 104 streak

That's all I could do with my limited time.

@@fiddlesticks I think that you like to stick to MC :P

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

@

Before getting in to the meat of my response, I just want to say that I don't intend this as a personal attack, or to be a pain, or whatever. I'm just raising some issues that I saw from playing the custom extensively, and can hopefully help improve it. I appreciate your work and your taking the effort to tab things out yourself, and while your tabs are probably a lot better than what's online, they aren't quite perfect.

If I were to critique my own custom, at this point I would still say there are some problems on Pool, all of which take place in the "solo" on lead. The hammer on and pulloff chords aren't notated in the way they should be. There's a chord slide where the relative finger positions change between the starting chord and the ending, so I should do that more carefully with tech notes so each finger slides to the appropriate place. Lastly, the chord slide up and down on the D and G strings is linknexted the first time but not the second.

And the tone could definitely be better. Though I think it feels worse when in RR at slow speeds than when playing the song, for whatever reason.

Re: 1) I realize that sometimes bands will vary something slightly from one place in the song to another. What I'm talking about isn't just that, though. These are all screenshots from the same location in the song, comparing the lead path and rhythm path, for what are almost the same lines. Second preverse, end of the second chorus, beginning of the second chorus, in order.

i) Lead vs. Rhythm

ii) Lead vs. Rhythm

iii) Lead vs. Rhythm

Re: 2)

First, I went to try and do whatever I could in riff repeater to nail those notes (which was pretty annoying as it's at the end of a 16 measure section), and being as they are simple chords that are repeatedly strummed, I'd hoped that you'd take the note recognition problem seriously. I may fuck up chords all the time in the course of playing an actual song at full speed, but when things are slowed down and I can make sure everything is in place for exactly that part, I'm not going to mess up something that simple and repetitive 30% of the time or more, which was the case no matter how I played it.

Secondly, I am not the only person to report note recognition issues with muted notes in chords:

Many of us have encounter inconsistency with chord containing one string muted and raynebc decided to get rid of those mute during import to avoid issue as we were many to report that as a common problem.

Note that official DLC never contain string mute inside a chord either like in the classical octave chord probably for that same reason.

If I read his post here correctly, @@MonstaS4 also reports issues with the same chords. I've also noticed note recognition problems with the chords at the intro to the "Yeah I'm Waiting" part, though those were less serious.

Peace.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@Rodman I don't have a score for ADV this week, but I'd like to be in the ADV class next week, so whatever you have to do to make that happen is fine with me

So be it.

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI MT7-L09 mit Tapatalk

week 102 is starting little bit later.... be patient

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@@albatross213 no problem, constructive critic is always welcome. I had absolutely no time for answer or check of the cdlc yesterday, and of course my cdlcs are not perfect. I will have a look into today maybe if there's time, but it can also be a question of practice and experience. Look at my runs or fiddlesticks', we had no problems, for me it was ramdom note recognition issues, but not really issue since we all know that RS is hard onnote recognitin with chords. (The Gs near the end are not muted, so that was monsta's problem)

• Like 1

I guess my terminology wasn't quite correct. This is the section i was referring to:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/57h3lac0xpp63xg/221680_2015-10-04_00001.png?dl=0

I don't think there is any issue with the custom as Frip mentioned above, Fiddlesticks and his runs were close to perfect, it's just technique and Rocksmith's shitty recognition sometimes.

I couple of things that helped me:

1) tune a few cents lower than standard, and

2) When fretting the G chord, make a concious effort to fret the low E string closer to the fret. This seemed to help in the section shown above.

• Like 1

@, @@MonstaS4

First, one run with few (two or three?) misses alone doesn't mean that there aren't note recognition problems. If the "true" detection rate is 90% or even 80%, a run with zero or one misses on that section isn't particularly improbable. I saw enough between various score attack runs (always getting my streak broken, often getting the multiplier set below the most recent checkpoint) and subsequent riff repeating (while trying different techniques) to update my beliefs from the default "there probably aren't any note detection issues" to "there might well be note detection issues". I'd say that a detection rate between 75 and 90% seems most reasonable for that section even if you do things well, but I still have some belief the probability could be higher. And of course I could be wrong and fooled by my lack of skill.

At this point, it's all idle speculation, though, so here's my proposal.

1) @ makes a "test" version of the song, with a section that consists solely of the G chord notes shown in @@MonstaS4's screenshot. Alternatively, I could make a mockup that does the same thing.

2) We then test it. 10 consecutive repeats (that could be negotiated down, but if 5 is easy, surely 10 is too!) of that section at 100% accuracy would sufficiently convince me that note detection isn't an issue, and shouldn't be too hard to do given the simplicity of the section. Video evidence would be best, but I'll take one's word for it.

If there is a note detection problem, then the question is what to do about it. Unlike with octave chords, removing the muted note would significantly change how someone plays that part, so my suggestion would be to put "Ignore" status on those chords, and remove the explicit mutes from the other chords in the song.

What do you think?

Also, I did some hunting and found the discussion where they decided to get rid of muted notes. There's not too much there, though. Here and also page 42.

@@albatross213, please, let's stop this discussion, I'm getting really tired of it.

Maybe you are right and it would be the best for note detection to remove those dead notes in the chords, but I won't because if I change anything of the charted tab in eof it would write me a new file with a new arrangement ID, what means when I create a new version with that all stats would be lost, also the highscore list would be gone. I like this list  ;)  cause it's well filled with lot of nice people. We don't play it here again, and I also know this discussion you linked, but I don't agree with them. It is the most natural way to play it how it is written, also the muted strings in the chords. That note detection on chords isn't very good is not new. To be honest, a did a quick test of this transition part with monsta's screenshot, and I pass very often without any misses. By this instance I recorded one attempt

https://youtu.be/QyXu8F03zD8

I created this custom originally because of the first version, very very bad especially for guitar, but this great song deserves a custom with good quality which mine has, my meaning. You can try the first version of this song and compare. It's this

• Like 1

@ - Sorry for taking a while to respond. Saw the youtube video, and made something to test chords with and without muting (the idea being if Rocksmith detects the notes in an arpeggio, if I don't shift my hand it should recognize the chord made with the notes from that arpeggio. So after arpeggios it tests the chord with mutes, then without mutes, then alternating both to see if there's any pattern. Did a few different chord shapes, including mutes "outside" of the chord). Note detection wasn't always perfect, but it was better than I was expecting and in line with your experiences.

On Cold Hard Bitch, though, it too more effort, though I got it to work eventually. Here are the things I tried, and the outcomes (from what I remember)

1) Normal mute from the G chords throughout the song, with my middle finger lightly touching the A string. Laughably poor recognition (often 10+ misses through 12 [i think?] notes)

2) Mute as above, but with my middle finger touching the A string more firmly. Still pretty poor (I think usually 5-10 misses).

3) Mute as in 1), but with my index finger muting the D string, in case I was accidentally hitting that and that was making Rocksmith unhappy. Again, awful recognition like method 1)

4) Mute as in 1), but now with index finger muting the D and A string (the latter pretty firmly), around the second fret. This got me down to 1 or so misses each time through, though I only did a couple of runs with it (and didn't test whether the D mute was necessary).

Anyway, I'd still call it a note recognition issue, as I'm pretty sure in all the instances above that if I were to arpeggiate the chord that Rocksmith would recognize each individual note, but not always the chord formed from them.

As for preserving the leaderboard, would it not be possible to copy the arrangement ID information directly from the arrangements in this version to the arrangements in the new version? I don't completely understand how the leaderboards work, but I think they're connected to the arrangement IDs.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so here goes final difficulty scores for week 101 songs:
Queens of the Stone Age - If I Had a Tail: Lead 3, Rhythm N/A, Bass 4
Jet - Cold Hard Bitch: Lead 6, Rhythm 6, Bass 3
Tricot - Pool: Lead 8, Rhythm 7, Bass 7
Lynyrd Skynyrd - I Know a Little: Lead 9, Rhythm 8, Bass 8
I give you one day for final comments. Tomorrow I will submit that scores.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures