Lyrics go missing halfway song

PyroBillie

So I've been using Ultrastar creator all the time for my lyrics and then importing in EoF and adjusting them. Now most of the time the last ~2 sentences of the lyrics aren't shown in Rocksmith when playing.

I have no idea why this happens and just accepted it, as it is only a few sentences.

But latest songs I made have ~half of the lyrics missing.

Does anyone have an idea why this occurs?

Maximum word count? Error with some characters? To much sections?

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

Are you sure you actually made them properly? And added them as lines with  ctrl + m ? (not sure what the proper term is, but you can tell when they are cut off when they don't have the blue bar on top) 

Sometimes EoF seems to automatically remove words from those lines when you  are adjusting the lyrics, so those won't show up when that happens. 

More specifically, EOF doesn't automatically move the lyric line markers if you're moving lyrics. If the lyrics show up in the 3D preview window as expected, the line markers should be correct. If such lyrics aren't displaying in-game properly, could you post an EOF project file that reproduces the problem?

Well the first 90% of the lyrics all work, so there isn't anything wrong with those blue bars or anything.

For example (look at 3:37)

https://youtu.be/XjE6JncZwGY?t=217

The lyrics end at '....Don't'

While the lyric file has 

: 4196 3 0 There

: 4218 3 0  is
: 4239 3 0  something
: 4281 2 0  you
: 4300 3 0  should
: 4322 3 0  know.
: 4419 2 0 Don't
: 4424 2 0  be
: 4429 2 0  fooled
: 4436 2 0  into
: 4441 3 0  thinking
: 4461 2 0  that
: 4465 2 0  a
: 4471 2 0  small
: 4478 2 0  group
: 4483 2 0  of
: 4490 2 0  friends,
: 4503 2 0 Cannot
: 4514 2 0  change
: 4524 2 0  the
: 4531 2 0  world!
: 4578 2 0  
E

And this is how it looks in EoF:
http://s2.postimg.org/964qyfoex/probl.png

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

• Administrator

In that EOF screenshot the line marker in blue are clearly not correctly position and the EOF preview of the lyrics don't display it correctly either.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Video is apperantly blocked in my country, but like firekorn says, the screenshot shows the problem. All phrases should have the blue bar above them, your phrase is missing words so those won't show up. Just select every word (hold ctrl), then press ctr+m to link them as a phrase. Basically, every word that doesn't have the blue bar on top won't show up.

Guys guys guys, this doesnt make any sense.

First of the reason why the blue bar isn't correct, is because I move the lyrics back 3 seconds (with CTRL+A, drag)

So every word falls of its blue bar, also not showing correctly in the 3D preview, yet they do work in Rocksmith

The rest of the song does work perfect.... look at video

There must be another reason?

I openend the XML and the first ~50% lyrics are good, then it just cuts off, text file is the imported file

(for reference that there is more lyrics)

(this is another example, here is more then the last sentences cut off)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/neh2ajhm6yunfyx/PART+VOCALS_RS2.xml

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n58q8b9llkb3jn8/The+Story+So+Far+-+Small+Talk.txt

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kmve16mnj1jke9s/The-Story-So-Far_Small-Talk_RS2014.dlc.xml

**the XML file says vocals count '205' while there are obviously more words in the txt file,

the txt file is imported via 'lyric import' 

also note that these results are very variable, sometimes it works 100% good, most times 90%, lately 50% missing

• Administrator

The video is blocked in France and probably a lot of other countre on copyright ground.

All i know by experience is that if you move lyrics and don't remake correctly the line marker you are heading toward a bad set of lyrics and it might explain at least part of the problem that you have.

Did you tried to import the lyrics into eof and not modify them to see how EOF would save it? This way you could know if it's EOF or the modification that you did that is making the lyrics to fail.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Even when you manually move lyrics, EoF seem to randomly remove words from phrases (blue bar cuts off like you see in the screenshot) and EoF treats them as "out of bounds" so they don't show up. You just have to remake the phrase by selecting all the words and pressing ctrl+m. 

I imported the lyrics xml in EoF, it imported with all phrases correct and all the lyrics show in the preview. When I start moving a word, EoF automatically disconnects it from the phrase and it doesn't show up anymore. So you just need to remake the phrase manually again with the method I mentioned. The thing is, the blue bar doesn't always adjust when EoF removes a word, so it can look like it's still locked to the phrase, but it isnt.

Not sure why I still can't see the video due to copyright since I live in the same country...

EOF never automatically moves the lyric line phrases when you move individual lyrics.

@@PyroBillie You're using a version of EOF that's 364 days old (r1359). I can't reproduce your issue on the current build, I import the lyrics and save and all 278 lyrics are exported. Please try with a newer hotfix or provide your EOF project file so I can test it.

Good point! 

So I updated, then immediatly tried resaving the lyrics, that didn't help at all, the XML had still equally missing.

Then tried re-importing the lyrics,moving, resaving, that did help, the XML now has a good 95% of the lyrics.

(note: I haven't fixed the ^ to ' signs yet)

This zip contains everything I used in the projext, txt file, xml, mp3,...

Allright, so updated EoF, re-imported, moved everthing in place, (this part fixed 50% of the lyrics)

fixed signs, and then ctrl+m the last 2 sentences (those last parts were missing)

now the XML contains all lyrics :)

so my guess is: there wasnt any blue bars for the last 3 seconds of lyrics (moved them all back) 

that caused them to not export, the other blue bars don't really matter to me, cause it works in RS?

As far as I know, Rocksmith only uses plus characters at the end of lyric entries to define a line break. It's possible the game won't display an open-ended line of lyrics. I thought one of the file export routines in EOF warned about lyrics outside of phrases, but maybe EOF's Rocksmith export should warn about this. What do you guys think?

As far as I know, Rocksmith only uses plus characters at the end of lyric entries to define a line break. It's possible the game won't display an open-ended line of lyrics. I thought one of the file export routines in EOF warned about lyrics outside of phrases, but maybe EOF's Rocksmith export should warn about this. What do you guys think?

Not that necessary in my opinion, alot of the lyrics warnings I click no-no-no, except the 'no default tone' warning is one I often need reminding of.