Noob Charting Question: Slides and Bends

A51Ripcord

Question

15 answers to this question

you can't slide from and to 0. i would remove the slides on 0 and change the slide from 0 to 1 on the 2. Hope that makes sense

Thank you for your response and yes that makes sense, Could someone tell me how to get into the proper location in EOF to make these Changes? I just don't know were or how to configure these settings in EOF

you can't slide from and to 0. i would remove the slides on 0 and change the slide from 0 to 1 on the 2. Hope that makes sense

Thank you for your response and yes that makes sense, Could someone tell me how to get into the proper location in EOF to make these Changes?

for pro guitar slides ctrl + shift + L and for unpitched slides ctrl + U. A pro slide is just a backwards slash and an unpitched slide has arrows on the tips of the slash. Hope that makes sense  :P  you can also click on the desired note and go to note in the drop down menu and go to Pro guitar or Rocksmith and find the slide options.  :D 

• Like 1

you can't slide from and to 0. i would remove the slides on 0 and change the slide from 0 to 1 on the 2. Hope that makes sense.  :D 

Or put a 1 close as you can to the 0. Then make the slide go from 2 > 1 , then hammer off to 0. Hope that makes sense as well

No..But I want it too, Gonna work on that.

you can't slide from and to 0. i would remove the slides on 0 and change the slide from 0 to 1 on the 2. Hope that makes sense.  :D 

Or put a 1 close as you can to the 0. Then make the slide go from 2 > 1 , then hammer off to 0. Hope that makes sense as well

No..But I want it too, Gonna work on that.

I'll try make it a little clearer and hopefully not confuse you more

1. Firstly I would put a note as close to the 0 as possible. Depending on your settings it might not fit inbetween the two notes ( 2 & 0 ) due to the tail length. If this is the case change the tail length in your preferences F11 or you can temp delete the 2 ( right click the note ) then put in a 1 ( right click in the space ).

http://www.mediafire.com/view/8xsuusk1qmskqih/1

Change that note to a 1 ( left click the note , hold down ctrl and use the mouse wheel to raise or lower the note ). Drag the note as close to the 0 as possible ( left click the note and hold , then drag it to the left ) . If you have grid snap on , turn it off ( press G ) or hold ctrl when you drag the note so it doesnt grid snap ( you have to drag the note at least 1 grid line to the left or right before it will move in small increments ) .

http://www.mediafire.com/view/sbt5hww79a7jcr2/2

You can then put the 2 back in ( right click where it was originally , ctrl and mouse wheel to change note  ). Then make it a slide by selecting the note and pressing ctrl & downwards arrow ( choose 1 when it asks which fret to slide to ).

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yov157xcchh7bx8/3

You can then make the 1 pull off to 0 by selecting the 0 note and pressing P ( pull off ) .

http://www.mediafire.com/view/2ddxgf7s7a14lgt/4

• Like 1

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c286/Ripcord32/slide%20and%20bend%20help%2003.png

Thanks Fuzzy666,

Still working it but this is what it looks like soo far.

The red numbers underneath the chart indicate special functions (bend , slides etc) , do you intend to have bends in the notes preceeding the slide as its saying that there are bends half a step up , i think thats what  ")0.5" means. It appears you also have bends on open strings(dont think thats possible?). If thats not your goal you can select a note ( left click ) , go to the "Note" tab at the top and scroll down to remove statuses.

Also got a question about that: A reverse slide is a slide into a note right? When I try to add it to a note nothing happens...
How can I add a short slide into a note (from left or from right....) (in Guitar  Pro this would be "slide into" but depending on the length of the note this slide gets too long because it slides over the lenght of the note it slides into.... i want to slide into the note first and then sustain it)  Thanks!