single muted string in a chord, from guitar pro?

III_Demon

whats the best way to write a chord in guitar pro that includes a single muted string, so it'll come into EoF properly?

guitar pro doesnt have a specific way to notate a single muted string. you can mark an entire chord for palm mute. i tried a 'dead note', but those dont seem to come into EoF at all. a 'ghost note' does, but then i have to go in and switch them to muted strings for each and every chord. its not the end of the world, but if theres a smoother way, it would help a lot with some songs i'm working on right now.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

But dead note and ghost note on guitar is just the same, a note muted with frethand (X).

In Guitar Pro you can mute each note separatly, also in chords. If dead note or palm mute doesn't matter, but it works.

Take a chord in GP6, mark just one note as p.m., you will see p.m. under the chord. Now highlight each single note of the chord and you will see in the signbox on the left the p.m. highlighted only at those single string, all other notes of this chord are not muted (you also can here it when you play back the tab).

The same with dead notes, but here you can see the X on the note directly in the chart.

I'm not sure if eof import that right, I don't think so. Then you have to mute them in eof again.

A bigger lack in eof is the missing swing/shuffle acceptabillity. Much more anoying to sync every second note to correct,  eof forces them to straight eights even if everything was synced perfectly before.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

• Administrator

Frethand mute inside chord aren't imported into EOF because it's known to cause recognition issue inside Rocksmith when playing.

So overall what you are trying to do is not suggested and should be avoided to get a proper RS experience.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Frethand mute inside chord aren't imported into EOF because it's known to cause recognition issue inside Rocksmith when playing.

So overall what you are trying to do is not suggested and should be avoided to get a proper RS experience.

shit, really? i swear i've seen it before. anyone have any more insight on this? are there specific conditions that cause problems?

In Guitar Pro you can mute each note separatly, also in chords. If dead note or palm mute doesn't matter, but it works.

Take a chord in GP6, mark just one note as p.m., you will see p.m. under the chord. Now highlight each single note of the chord and you will see in the signbox on the left the p.m. highlighted only at those single string, all other notes of this chord are not muted (you also can here it when you play back the tab).

just tried the p.m. option, it doesnt work.

guitar pro single note P.M. -> EoF entire chord PM.

guitar pro single dead note -> EoF nothing.

guitar pro single ghost note -> EoF ghost note. this is the only one that comes across correctly.

if i must, i'll just set things up as ghost notes and then convert them all 1 at a time in EoF.

• Administrator

Many of us have encounter inconsistency with chord containing one string muted and raynebc decided to get rid of those mute during import to avoid issue as we were many to report that as a common problem.

Note that official DLC never contain string mute inside a chord either like in the classical octave chord probably for that same reason.

RS can't display PM only on one note inside a chord, that's why EOF put the PM status on the whole chord directly.

For ghost note, i'm not sure if they would be of any use in that particular case to be honest...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

For ghost note, i'm not sure if they would be of any use in that particular case to be honest...

rather they do, but I think it doesn't really matter if the strings between i.e. octaves are displayed as string muted or just nothing.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

• Administrator

Well if they aren't visible in RS i don't see any use in them...

I'll admit that it can be cool on a tab made inside GP, but for a display inside RS the ghost note in that case seems useless to me but i might be wrong.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I see, we don't mean the same thing.

Ghost notes are basically unaccented, quiet played notes on drums and percussion instruments (almost).

If we're talking about playing guitar, ghost notes and dead notes means the same  ;)

oh, and I thought this is the cooking forum  :rolleyes: