Noob questions

SiliRat

Question

Hi.

I don't know enough about music to make CDLC, but I was wondering if someone could tell me if the tools allow you to EDIT an existing file? Or are the .PSARC files compiled? 

I'm looking to:

- Fix a song that never registers as having been played 

- Add DD to songs that don't have it. 

Is that sort of thing possible or would I need the 'source' files? 

Thank you kindly. 
SiliRat

4 answers to this question

Adding DD to songs that don't have it is quite easy with the toolkit (provided the songs are well made. If they aren't beat synced or have some other problems, this might not work, or at least not work well).

Once you have the toolkit open there should be a tab named "DDC". Open that tab, then click "Add" and choose the .psarc files that you want to add DD to (you can choose many at a time). I usually use "ddc_default" with a phrase length of 4, but your preferences may vary. Then click "Generate DD", wait for the program to finish (which can take a while for some songs), and you should have versions of those songs with DD!

For a song that never registers as having been played, I think that has something to do with how the riff repeater sections in the song are implemented (or whether they are at all), and fixing that would be more invasive and would require quite a bit more work to do directly. I think the Beats & Phrases Resynchronizer tool may be able to do something regarding that, though? @@Chlipouni, any comment?

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Adding DD to songs that don't have it is quite easy with the toolkit (provided the songs are well made. If they aren't beat synced or have some other problems, this might not work, or at least not work well).

Once you have the toolkit open there should be a tab named "DDC". Open that tab, then click "Add" and choose the .psarc files that you want to add DD to (you can choose many at a time). I usually use "ddc_default" with a phrase length of 4, but your preferences may vary. Then click "Generate DD", wait for the program to finish (which can take a while for some songs), and you should have versions of those songs with DD!

For a song that never registers as having been played, I think that has something to do with how the riff repeater sections in the song are implemented (or whether they are at all), and fixing that would be more invasive and would require quite a bit more work to do directly. I think the Beats & Phrases Resynchronizer tool may be able to do something regarding that, though? @@Chlipouni, any comment?

The tuning is also something that can make the notes register or not. You have to carefully check if the tuning is ok and matches the one you put in the RS Toolkit, otherwise, the notes won't register, it happened to me a few times! 

9A7alLl.jpg