Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 100!

Mortalo

I now have all of the parts in hand for my next crime against good taste and the FreeBird police.  Assembly may take a few days, so for now I will only taunt them in my best Monty Python Spaniard voice with a partial list of the parts:

• a rarely used 3/4 scale el cheapo classical guitar
  • a new set of U-Bass strings
  • a new set of bass tuning machines
  • a piezo pick-up and pre-amp

Mwahahahaaa!  By the end of this week, they will be at my mercy.

After buying two Kala U-basses, I've always fancied a go at this.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@2groggy - Can´t wait to see a pic!!!!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Anyway, Google Drive is very slow this morning, so you'll have to take my word for it:

B: 98%

I: 95%

A: 92%

All bass scores, of course, and I'll update my advanced score later in the week.  I'd say the songs are definitely in the right order, but beginners are going to be stretched this week.  I'm not going anywhere near that Lemon Party...

• Like 2

+ rhy

http://i60.tinypic.com/21myxkw.jpg

• Like 2

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

+ lead

http://i57.tinypic.com/28t9g0g.jpg

• Like 1

oh no, I forgot.....

Happy Birthday @supername better late than never

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I now have all of the parts in hand for my next crime against good taste and the FreeBird police.  Assembly may take a few days, so for now I will only taunt them in my best Monty Python Spaniard voice with a partial list of the parts:

How is the note recognition for the u-basses on RS?  The whole point is to get my 13 y.o. daughter playing bass when she won't play on a 34" scale - the stretch is too much for her (yes, I know, she should just move her fretting hand, but she is even more stubborn than her mother)

• Like 3

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

How is the note recognition for the u-basses on RS?  The whole point is to get my 13 y.o. daughter playing bass when she won't play on a 34" scale - the stretch is too much for her (yes, I know, she should just move her fretting hand, but she is even more stubborn than her mother)

Note recognition is fine - as long as the battery is fully charged (as I eventually found out). lol

It obviously doesn't stay in tune as well as my full size steel stringed bass, but it's a good compromise for when I'm on the road.  Drop tunings, IIRC, are a little difficult though...

• Like 2

Nope.  Google Drive is still playing up.

Tonight, I got 94.95% on Metallica (which I'm quite pleased with) and 97.97% on Pink Floyd (which I'm also quite pleased about).  I missed a few of the chords on Pink Floyd, but at least I actually tried to play them… :)

• Like 3

MC update: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=523052906

Squeezing lemons is hard :)

I'm managing the first verse pretty well and the solo'y bit right after it where it goes all splashy and fast ( I did F'up a LOT during the first verse in this SA attempt though but after 2 hours in RR my hands gave up remembering what I'd learnt and I've also developed a trapped nerve in my shoulder )

I got a fair way through this time, to the end of the second splashy quick bit but I hadn't spent much RR time in that second, just wanted to see if I could get through the entire song... Alas, no. Definitely need a little rest tonight from it. Have a bit more time this week as the Cricket season closed so I have less shifts ( less money too :( boooo! ) but, more time to practice, YAY!!! :)

• Like 4

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

After probably half an hour in RR getting used to some of the chord changes (though many still mess me up pretty bad), mastering the first solo, and select bits and pieces of the end solo with lots of easy (or at least easier) to hit notes, I'm now comfortably above 80%. Yay.

http://i.imgur.com/fqrGKaQ.jpg

Will probably have more goes on this song on rhythm to get used to chord changes and reading chords, but I don't think I'll do too much more on lead. The hard parts are enough above my ability level that I don't think improving them would be the best use of what time I have this week.

Might also try the advanced lead, just to see how much higher my percentage will be on that song given the easier and more note-full rhythm parts. Then again, that solo's probably going to totally wreck me.

Edit: Added Seek and Destroy Scores. Since they're out of my class, I figure they're OK in an edit.

Lead:

http://i.imgur.com/FfodlOt.jpg

Rhythm (updated run):

http://i.imgur.com/4YLDQK8.jpg

The outro riff (like, last riff before the last chord. Not the one before it with the power chord slide) was FUBAR'ed. Nailed it every other time it shows up in the song, but my fretting hand, picking hand, and brain were all on different pages at the end. Would've been above 97% without that.

Based on what I saw in the Leaderboard, it looks like @@Rodman has been putting in some work, too!

Also, @@missis sumner - you don't have to use google drive for image hosting, do you? Or are you sponsored by google drive?

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 7

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

IT'S ALIVE!  The kit-bashed rubber band bass makes noise.  It even stays in tune for most of a song :lol: (pix to follow)

Comfortably Numb on a home made bass ukelele (take THAT FreeBird Police :P ).  There was a marked down-tick in my score, mostly because I'd miss by a fret or two, and the octaves are far narrower than I'm used to.

Mission accomplished.  Now it's time to pass the torch to the next generation of FreeBird Police Taunters.

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

IT'S ALIVE!  The kit-bashed rubber band bass makes noise.  It even stays in tune for most of a song :lol: (pix to follow)

That didn't take long!  I take it you put a new nut on?  What did you do about the bridge and headstock?

Based on what I saw in the Leaderboard, it looks like @@Rodman has been putting in some work, too!

Yo, only had 5 runs rhy and lead so far, i just cannot not play that one, maybe - against my competitive soul - due to lack of time i might ignore everything else and S&D some personal targets here...

I should probably get started, eh?

http://i.imgur.com/M3K2YxW.jpg

Learned this forever ago, but just kind of putzed the solo back then. Very tricky for an Intermediate player, with all of those fast bends and fret muting and ahhh! I think I might be able to do it if I try.

http://i.imgur.com/NzSgp8s.jpg

Super familiar with the song but first time seeing it from behind the guitar instead of behind the kit. I'd jam this on the drums with my brother a lot, now I get to learn it on guitar! That solo's hard but the rest is pretty simple.

• Like 4

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Comfortably Numb on a home made bass ukelele (take THAT FreeBird Police :P ).  There was a marked down-tick in my score, mostly because I'd miss by a fret or two, and the octaves are far narrower than I'm used to.

Mission accomplished.  Now it's time to pass the torch to the next generation of FreeBird Police Taunters.

:cop:  :cop: wanted - a guy named @2groggy who repeatedly broke the laws.

he will be arrested  imediately. His punishment will be the Freebird Jail with playing this weeks beginner song until his discharge!!! :cop:  :cop:

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png