Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 100!

Mortalo

100 weeks ago, on Smithy's Anvil, Organizers of Rocksmith 2012 Championship decided to move on to Rocksmith 2014. Few months later, when Anvil died, they moved to CustomForge. Unfortunately, @@Kaijin was forced to make a break, and he left the Championship in hands of @@Joey. But with each coming week @@Joey had less time, so he asked participants for a help. @ answered the call to help him with Organizing the Championship, and to be honest, if he didn't, I would. So I was really happy that he took the job and gave me few more weeks of normal participating. Cause finally @@Joey had to step down, and I knew that it is my time. Last but not least was @@Rodman, with his idea of Rankings (honestly, I didn't liked that idea :lol: , but it turned out quite funny ) and he joined us in the battle of better tomorrow (or something like that). Well, nostalgia no more..

Let's start week 100!

READ THIS FIRST =>> How and Why to Join the Championships
Read this second =>> Rocksmith 2014 Championship Rules

Last weeks winners:

Lead:
Beginner: @@albatross213
Intermediate: N/A
Advanced: @@joedoe
Masterclass: @@Nacholede

Rhythm:
Beginner: N/A
Intermediate: @@koffein
Advanced: @@Rodman
Masterclass: @@Nacholede

Bass:
Beginner: @@slooker

Intermediate: N/E
Advanced: @@NoonyDeloony
Masterclass: @@then3verend

Congrats to all the winners.

Honorably mentioned are @@albatross213 and @@then3verend for achieving 100% on MC bass.

@@then3verend made a

for you to enjoy. (I wan't spoil it for you ;) )

The songs for this week are:

Lead Path:

On week 50, we played the French Elvis, this time I wanted to give you the One and Only, King Himself - Elvis Presley, in an all time classic Jailhouse Rock.
Beginner:  Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock (chosen by The King of Rock'n'Roll )

(blackbirddh's version)

Pink Floyd is one of the most important rock band's in history, so we just had to have them here. In one of their best songs, with David Gilmour's best solo, and of the best in music - Comfotably Numb!
Intermediate: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (chosen by @@Kaijin )

Kill'Em'All was an album that defined Thrash Metal (and you're really fortunate having all three Organizers being Thrash Metalheads :lol: ). Coming from this album is one of Metallica's biggest hits - Seek and Destroy - the perfect example of tru Thrash!
Advanced: Metallica - Seek and Destroy (chosen by Headbangeeerrrsss )

(AnotnZap's version, which was inspired by robogranny's, which was inspired by glen's)

The best rock band of all time? Led Zeppelin. Best song? Stairway to Heaven. Best solo? Stairway to Heaven. So here we go with Stairway to Heaven in the best possible version - live!
Masterclass: Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven (live) (chosen by rhetorical question )

(PC Plum's live version)

Rhythm Path:

Beginner: Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
Intermediate: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Advanced: Metallica - Seek and Destroy

Slash is one of the most iconic rock guitarists. Haha, it's hard to write anything, after all rhythm is not what Slash plays, but it is what he composed and it is one tricky guitar line, so let's set - World on Fire
Masterclass: Slash - World on Fire (chosen by guitar frenzy )

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
Intermediate: Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Advanced: Metallica - Seek and Destroy

Not enough Led Zeppelin? Here ya go! What Stairway to Heaven is to Jimmy Page, Lemon Song is to John Paul Jones. One of the greatests bass lines man composed - The Lemon Song.
Masterclass: Led Zeppelin - The Lemon Song (chosen by masochist bassists )

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard Member:

Playing in their class 4 weeks in row, one pass allowed:

Honorable list FreeBird Member:

Participating as a FreeBird, without a class ;)

Have an awesome week!

• Like 10

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Oh my god.. Seek an destroy...

My most fav 'tallica track by far.. Never dared to try to play that one so far (!)

Just ended up with my first rhy adv win... I fear not gonna happen this week again, but lets c...

Very good aniversary song selection, m8!

To the next 100, i'd say!

Have one helluva week!

• Like 6

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

We have already played the lemon song  on bass before . . . . i keep looking to come back  but keep seeing things like this and then i don't.

We played Stairway to Heaven (though not live version) on week 17. We played World on Fire on week 60 and Lemon Song on week 74. I decided to use this songs only because I wanted something really cool this week, and I would use other past played songs to fill other gaps, but fortunately there were none. And I wanted different song for MC bass this week, but couldn't get good quality version of it, so had to go with plan B (and I'm quite sad about that, as that bass song was great and I don't like Lemon Song :( ).

There was only one instance when participant was allowed song that we already played. That was Hotel California - but it was played in dark ages and I couldn't say no to @@missis sumner.

Though I use songs from the past as an emergency replacement (when song is too hard, or there is something terribly wrong with it) or when, again, I don't want to one class had no song two times in a row.

But I try to keep it to absolute minimum.

• Like 7

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

and that's a good plan so we have proper and good Songs in all classes and paths. And we have week 100 only one time. 

• Like 7
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I was on a roll today so why not? :lol:

http://s11.postimg.org/l6wa3pd9v/2015_09_19_00002.jpg

Intermediate Lead - 90%, 39 streak

I almost mastered the chord part. Though solo is where the battle will take place :)

Advanced Lead - 93%, streak 198

I played other versions (they do not differ much) a lot and it's not my best. That part before solo, was always killing me in Guitar Hero. Nothing has changed :(

MasterClass Lead - 75%, 37 streak

That felt like Jimmy Page! :lol: Haha, everytime when I hit this hybrid-picked chords I feel like lord of the universe. Most of the song is insane, even this Am7s gives me trouble. At least the power chord section is easy :P

• Like 9

@@Mortalo - You dealt with that a lot more tactfully than I would have!

Anyway, if you ever need work on a bass chart, let me know and I'll see what I can do. And I'm sure @@bernixix would also be happy to help out or offer suggestions. So if you need anything for next week, now's the time to ask!

And I should probably get to work on this week's songs. Should be a lot to keep me busy!

• Like 4

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

The solo in this version seems a lot easier to play than the old version i had. Still lots of work to do here though:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uare0s9f0j0b107/221680_2015-09-20_00001.png?dl=0

One of my all time faves. Apart from the solo, i can almost make it sound good!

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yc6pplhvbkaqcjr/221680_2015-09-20_00002.png?dl=0

• Like 4

I was traveling all week and couldn't bring a bass.  I'm planning to build a travel bass, but it will take a while. So today's scores are hampered by fat finger syndrome.

Jailhouse Rock - after score attack, I must have pressed the wrong key instead of [F12] because the screen shot is nowhere to be found.  It was high 90s, no red "X" marks, but could still use some tidying up.

Comfortably Numb - 96.45% and most of the errors seem to timing related.

So I have a couple of things to work on this week, and a couple of ideas of how to offend the FreeBird Police.

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

Totally bungled the outro by losing my fret hand position a few times, but a lot better than my first try (I'm not sure why it says I have 3... I played it, RRed the early parts of the song, then played it again. Then again, the RR acts pretty weird with various things not lining up when you choose your sections, so maybe the logic for determining when you've hit the end is messed up.)

http://i.imgur.com/dDyTcJz.jpg

Also, fuck those slides. "Capped" slides that shouldn't have end-notes on almost every slide, a pitched slide down to the first fret for the ring finger (a personal pet peeve), and some fretting logic around the slides that sometimes doesn't make sense at all to me. Most of it I can deal with, but I'd much rather just not have to deal with it at all.

And with that, I guess I've beaten everyone from last time except Blazikiller and Choaralone. I guess that's the target now. I think 99% should be doable with knowing the song better and having a run where I don't mess up hand positioning too much, but hitting 99.5% or above is going to be really hard with those slides.

• Like 3

Very nice selection of songs. http://postimg.org/image/jb5cxug0p/

Makes me feel a bit better that your score on this isn't that much better than on the MC song!

Anyway, here's mine

http://i.imgur.com/VeAKVYI.jpg

My take - it's not actually that hard, but the way the song is, it depresses your score relative to most other songs. Most of the more complex chords are strummed only once (with the exception being one in each progression that's strummed twice!), and the rest is solo, so there aren't really any truly brainless easy notes to buff up your percentage. This is as opposed to...

http://i.imgur.com/cd9bFTn.jpg

which has all of those chugga-chuggas. And my picking was pretty off on this take. With a decent of practice (which will be useful for palm muting technique, finding the right string with the pick consistently, and some other things that I suck at) I can probably take that to 95% or so within the week.

Not sure yet how I'll allocate my practice time between the different paths. I feel like I'll probably do just enough on the Pink Floyd to crack 80%, then focus on improving my rhythm skills and chasing the leaderboard on The Lemon Song.

• Like 6

These are all first plays, no RR or playthrough in LAS, bit busy and about to go to bed but here's the fresh screenies from this evenings plank spanking.

Elvis Presley: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522009362 Lovely bass line :) a joy to play, very neat and tidy and nice to see conversation with all the instruments. Can't say I'm a fan of EP but he knew how to sing the shit out of a song :)

Pink Floyd: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522009295 I liked this, despite it having rather long intervals between notes, I do enjoy playing the odd chord here and there and even got some without a miss! Yay me! Nicely fitting for intermediate :)

Metallica: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522009243 I haven't listened to this song in about 25 years  :huh: Shame on me! It's got a nifty bass line, I'm definitely going to work on that as it is heaps of fun to play :)

Led Zep: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=522011478 I watched @@bernixix's video of this a while back and it blew me away, I never dared try it though 'til today. I was doing quite well then I went right off my stride... I made it through the tricky widdley bit with not much error but then it all went Pete Tong and I got kissed to death. definitely going to put in some practice on this, it's allllll over the neck, and that's my kinda fun!   :)

• Like 10

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony