Bought brand new Rocksmith real tone cable but still doesn't work.

IVex

Question

I bought this cable 2 days ago and it came in today. I was excited because I thought I was going to finally be able to play. I was wrong. The cable doesn't pick up any of the guitar sounds. All I can hear is static and a radio broadcast. Don't know what to do at this point anymore. I REALLY want to play but I can't. It feels like I'm being forced to quit Rocksmith before even starting. 

5 answers to this question

Well, the cable is not the problem that's for sure. As then3verend said, it must be the PC, high gain on the cable or maybe the guitar. Once i thought the RS Cable was the problem when it didn't pick up what i was playing, and i could only hear noise. The problem was my input jack that was completely broken, so be sure to check those things out! let us know if you are still with the problem 

9A7alLl.jpg

You can also try something as simple as using a different USB port.  Plug it into a different one, like on the other side of the PC not just the one right next to the one you've been using.

If your pc installs the Rocksmith drivers again then you have done it correctly.  Make sure to so this before launching the game.

Make sure to calibrate before trying to play a song (on the tuning screen hit Enter and follow instrucitons).