Changing bpm mid-song

ikwtif

@@ikwtif - Right click on the beat you want to set the new tempo from, then click on Beat -> BPM Change then enter the new BPM you want with "Adjust notes" checked. If there are already some tempo markers past there for some reason you might want to clear them out after with Beat -> Reset BPM, choose to adjust notes, and from the selected beat marker (if you mess up any of these options, it should be pretty obvious and you can revert with ctrl+Z).

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

If you right-click on the beat marker at the point where you want the BPM to change, select:

Beat -> BPM Change (to set the BPM amount manually), or...

Beat -> Double BPM, or...

Beat -> Halve BPM, or...

You right click on the desired start beat, set an anchor point (a), you then can drag subsequent beat markers to the desired tempo, which will create anchor points each time you drag and drop.  This last method is best for syncing a track, and not so much for grander tempo changes within a song.

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.

Ah for some reason I tought changing the bpm changed everything before that beat too. Hmm not sure how I could even miss that because I defenitly tried that, at least I think I did. 

You right click on the desired start beat, set an anchor point (a), you then can drag subsequent beat markers to the desired tempo, which will create anchor points each time you drag and drop.  This last method is best for syncing a track, and not so much for grander tempo changes within a song.

What do you mean with grander tempo change? Are the anchor points more to make your own beat markers? Because I usually always start out with the default one and then change bpm/sync everything up myself.

@@Tysylio

Very confused with the anchors, I placed one to see what it does, but now when I try to change a beat marker it moves seperatly from the others instead of being linked so everything shifts. (now it looks random, some beat markers change with it, but most places I try don't) Is there a way to revert that? Not sure if it's because of the beat marker or I just did something by accident. (I was using the standard beatmap and placed the anchor in the middle) Tried removing the anchor but didn't seem to do anything

It looks to be the beatmarkers where I manually typed in a new bpm. Is this normal? 

What I mean by grander tempo changes is, say you have a song where in the middle it speeds up from 95 BPM to 190 BPM, instead of something not so big like 95 to 97 - which is usually just human error or accent.

Regarding anchors and beat markers, the very first beat marker is special, you can use it to shift the whole beat chart, and it is anchored.  The ones after that, you can tweak by dragging and dropping to sync a song, and once you have it in the best spot, it applies an anchor to keep it there.  You can remove it again by pressing 'a' when selected with a right click.

To answer your question, yes, I believe that's normal.

In the picture below, you can see I have set minor BPM changes by dragging and dropping, which applies an anchor, at the beginning of preverse1 and preverse2 - the values are slightly different.

Minor%20BPM%20change.JPG

Whereas, here, I have halved the BPM at the 11th bar using the Halve BPM function:

Half%20BMP.JPG

I would recommend, when first setting-up your track try to find the closest BPM for your track (in my case above, it is about 235), and then sync the song every bar or two, or whatever you feel makes your song great.  The anchors will help you to not mess-up what you have already spent time syncing.

I hope this makes it more clear.

• Like 1

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.

I will say I had the problem of multiple BPM changes for the band 'Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas' but @albatross213 had mentioned how to put get passed this with @Tysylio solution to the problem no matter if the BPM goes from 80 to 210 it will make everything work as long as you right click and choose the same beat marker the BPM changes on in Guitar Pro/Tux.

Sakata's J-Rock, Speed Metal, and Anime Workshop

Will be bringing more Japanese content within the coming weeks!

Youtube Channel (uploading again)