What's wrong with Dynamic Difficulty?

ShrillBear52

Question

I know there is a new version for Rocksmith Toolkit but WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH DYNAMIC DIFFICULTY!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/view/150917/now_what_is_this_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/view/150917/now_what_is_this_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

Can't see the first pic, I'm guessing the second us showing the full difficulty on EoF but the difficulty bars are not showing up in the custom?

Sorry, just trying to understand

Both pictures are the same.And you're right.It doesn't matter what option i chose in DDC place,it's always make the guitar and bass xml.files to buggy and don't show up the whole song chords.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

How are you adding DD? @@ShrillBear52

In Rocksmith Toolkit i go to DDC filter and add the xml.file to package or arragment xml. Then in the options menu below i chose 8 leves from Ramp-up model. I don't know what the config file filter is what for.I tried all 3 options and the problem is the same.  :(

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

I know DD used to make the sections on their own, but did you try to add the phrases.sections in EoF, then run the DD?

It looks like that happened very little and there's one full DD bar, which rocksmith sees as too big and creates a little line.

You mean when i press shit+s and  chek that little box says 'also add RS pharse' in EOF? Yes did it and there was no problem before the new relase of RS Toolkit

• Like 1

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52 - Is there any chance you can post the EoF project on a file host? I think you just need the .ogg and the .eof files for other people to check things out. It would be a lot easier than trying to diagnose the problem based on a couple of screenshots that don't show nearly enough information about the EoF file.

• Like 2

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@ShrillBear52 - Is there any chance you can post the EoF project on a file host? I think you just need the .ogg and the .eof files for other people to check things out. It would be a lot easier than trying to diagnose the problem based on a couple of screenshots that don't show nearly enough information about the EoF file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7mx1ms4mdlxrqz8/The%20navy%20song%20good%202.eof?dl=0

• Like 1

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Just put DD on one of my Customs and while a little buggy towards the end(its really easy anyways), it was mostly fine (Screenshot)

Used DD creator v2.2 and Toolkit 2.6.0.0-4174fc7b

I'll take a look at the .ogg, in case albatross doesnt beat me to it

Many nice scores on all songs :)

We need the guitar.ogg as well for the EoF file to open. Could you post that as well?

We need the guitar.ogg as well for the EoF file to open. Could you post that as well?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57cigz4o1hxemso/guitar.ogg?dl=0

• Like 1

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Taking a look at it now. The first thing I see is that there's only one section, an outro, which starts at the beginning of the song. I'll play with it a bit more, though.

• Like 1

Taking a look at it now. The first thing I see is that there's only one section, an outro, which starts at the beginning of the song. I'll play with it a bit more, though.

That's inpossible.I added intro,verses,intrelud and outro just yesterday to the song.What happend?

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Same, only seeing the one section, which is coinciding with the chart on RS. Looks like they were being added, but didnt go through or something.

That might be your problem, the Riff is too large, therefore DD is being wonky.

Can this somehow fix?Please i want to coutine my works! :(

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52 - Given that you say you tried to do sectioning, and the only thing remaining at the end was an outro section at the beginning of the song, I'd guess that you just sat at one position and created an intro, then verse, then chorus, and so on until the outro, all at the same position, over-writing each previous section that you tried to make.

If that is in fact what happened, you need to scroll through the song, then when you reach a place where you want to make a transition between one section and the next, you right-click on that beat marker then press shift+S (or Beat -> Rocksmith -> Place RS Section), then choose the section type. Then continue going through the song to the next transition, and do it again. If this text isn't helpful I can probably throw together a quick video showing me section your song so you can see what I'm actually doing in the program.

If what was described in the last paragraph is what you did, then I'm at a loss for figuring out what happened to your sectioning. I've never had problems with it across the various versions of EoF.

• Like 1

@@ShrillBear52 I mean, I believe you that you created sections before, I've seen and tested some of your customs. However, for some reason they disappeared this time around. My guess is that something somewhere didnt save right under EoF. I can't re-create the issue though.

So my recommendation is to delete your outtro and re-define your sections in EoF and try to run DD again. Let me know if theres any problems

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

@@ShrillBear52 - Given that you say you tried to do sectioning, and the only thing remaining at the end was an outro section at the beginning of the song, I'd guess that you just sat at one position and created an intro, then verse, then chorus, and so on until the outro, all at the same position, over-writing each previous section that you tried to make.

If that is in fact what happened, you need to scroll through the song, then when you reach a place where you want to make a transition between one section and the next, you right-click on that beat marker then press shift+S (or Beat -> Rocksmith -> Place RS Section), then choose the section type. Then continue going through the song to the next transition, and do it again. If this text isn't helpful I can probably throw together a quick video showing me section your song so you can see what I'm actually doing in the program.

If what was described in the last paragraph is what you did, then I'm at a loss for figuring out what happened to your sectioning. I've never had problems with it across the various versions of EoF.

No, i'm not so forgettable.I placed the events where is supposed to be like chorus to chorus or verse where is the verse.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52 I mean, I believe you that you created sections before, I've seen and tested some of your customs. However, for some reason they disappeared this time around. My guess is that something somewhere didnt save right under EoF. I can't re-create the issue though.

So my recommendation is to delete your outtro and re-define your sections in EoF and try to run DD again. Let me know if theres any problems

What? You mean my previous works are have the same problem?(sorry it's a bit late and i'm tired and i can't write normaly :P )

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

@@ShrillBear52 No no no no nonononoonono they're fine, I meant to say it as you know what your doing, it looks like this is the first time this has happened.

Did the sections work?

Well i didn't tried it since the post so i don't know sry.But in friday i will definetly try it ! Sadly i don't have many times because of the school :( But friday is friday and thanks anyway!!! :D

• Like 1

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

I just gave a go at sectioning and generating the .psarc myself...

When I tried using the 8 level ramp up model, I got weird results. After choosing the song (but before choosing to play it), there was a weird flickering with the DD bars, then in game the DD bars didn't show up. I was unable to change the difficulty as well (I may have done this for the whole song, but it's also possible I did it in the beginning where there weren't difficulty levels yet).

When I tried using ddc_default, things worked pretty well (it seemed like the leveling up was mostly restricted to the chorus, maybe because of small variations in things). Here's a screenshot of me at the end of the song after starting at zero difficulty on bass:

http://i.imgur.com/gCOHE1w.jpg

So, I don't really know what's going on with the 8 level ramp-up model, but it seems the default one works fine.

The folder with the EoF stuff and resulting .psarcs (the DD one is ddc_default generated, phrase lenght of 4) is here if anyone wants to play around with it.

• Like 1

I just gave a go at sectioning and generating the .psarc myself...

When I tried using the 8 level ramp up model, I got weird results. After choosing the song (but before choosing to play it), there was a weird flickering with the DD bars, then in game the DD bars didn't show up. I was unable to change the difficulty as well (I may have done this for the whole song, but it's also possible I did it in the beginning where there weren't difficulty levels yet).

When I tried using ddc_default, things worked pretty well (it seemed like the leveling up was mostly restricted to the chorus, maybe because of small variations in things). Here's a screenshot of me at the end of the song after starting at zero difficulty on bass:

http://i.imgur.com/gCOHE1w.jpg

So, I don't really know what's going on with the 8 level ramp-up model, but it seems the default one works fine.

The folder with the EoF stuff and resulting .psarcs (the DD one is ddc_default generated, phrase lenght of 4) is here if anyone wants to play around with it.

Ok,now i'm very pissd of because i have a huge problem with EOF!When i add sections it doesn't matter where i place it,it fucking overwrite all the sections! Maybe there is somthing that i didn't set in the preferences?   http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2i7y71v&s=8#.Vf0PzMtsiG4

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Without having more information about the problem, my first guess is that you are not clicking on a new beat marker before placing a section. If you don't do that, the section is just changed at the same beat position over and over again because phrases/sections are stored at whatever beat marker is currently selected and not at the seek position (which is why these functions are in the Beat menu).

Without having more information about the problem, my first guess is that you are not clicking on a new beat marker before placing a section. If you don't do that, the section is just changed at the same beat position over and over again because phrases/sections are stored at whatever beat marker is currently selected and not at the seek position (which is why these functions are in the Beat menu).

The problem is for example:If i add an intro to the begining of the chart and then i add verse section to where is the verse,it's overwrite the intro and so on.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg