Damaged Save File!?!?!

majikman

Question

http://screencast.com/t/ZP2ch2U4R

The save file appears to damaged and cannot be loaded.

I have lost my profile! 400 hours of game play data gone! It happened for the first time about a week ago and I have made my piece with this. I mean I play this game to get myself to practice more and it really works so so what if I have lost all my facts and figures and what not! My problem is that it is happening EVERY TIME I want to play and I am SO over creating a new profile EVERY DAY!

I am using Windows10

Anybody got any advice?

5 answers to this question

There's a tool you can find here to help restore your corrupt profile.  In order to stop it from continually being corrupted though, you'll have to figure out what custom(s) is causing the problem.

Also make sure that you're allowing the game to finish auto-saving before closing the game, and that you're quitting the game in the proper way.

• Like 1

I remember this happening plenty of times on console when It decided to freeze, I will look more into this but at the moment it could probably be the way the game is getting closed or a file had gone corrupt. I would backup all CDLC you have and validate the files through Steam.

Sakata's J-Rock, Speed Metal, and Anime Workshop

Will be bringing more Japanese content within the coming weeks!

Youtube Channel (uploading again)

This happens enough that the Rocksmith developers should have a fail-safe built in where the last properly saved profile is kept as a backup and rotated out each time the profile correctly saves again. People would then be able to lose at most only one session unless something else deleted/corrupted the file.