CDLC backward convertable?

raveyman

Question

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before but is it possible for me to take CDLCs - which presumably are now all made for RS2014 - and repackage them for RS1?

I know you are probably thinking WHY? but the fact is, even though the UI is cleaner and all for the new RS, I still kinda prefer the original version. I really used to enjoy the venue events, and just found that as a learning guitarist, the path of progression was much more evident than in RS2014. Unlocking a new venue to play a 'gig' in was rewarding, unlike the rewards in RS2014 which are just meh.

I do use both and can see why advanced guitarists prefer RS2014 but for me, RS1 seemed just more fun and rewarding and I would like to play the CDLC in that version instead.

Any ideas?

5 answers to this question

Thanks for reply....

I opened up the toolkit and see what you mean although I thought the RS radio button was so you could import the old CDLCs and repackage them for RS2014 not the other way around.

I have only ever used CDLC in RS2014 under the psarc format. Looking inside RS1 I dont see the same formats; were they packaged differently?

So I tried out the import idea and it did seem to work, Using the Rocksmith radio button.

It does re-create the file into the .DAT file, now, I do not own any DLC for Rocksmith 1 so I cant test it out but I'm sure the arrangements should still convert.

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

• Administrator

Tone get lost in translation because the whole thing change between both games and the toolkit can't really assumed what was needed in the first one and how it should be replaced but apart from that everything should go smoothly.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity