Lead guitar notes

Devs71

Question

Forgive me if this sounds stupid but I'm brand new to this custom DLC thing. I've followed all the instructions and to my surprise got it all working but do the custom songs not leave the main notes for the player to play? Downloaded sweet child of mine and I'm playing over the original backing track complete with lead guitar weather I pluck a string or not? Is this normal?

Thanks for any help :)

6 answers to this question

@@Devs71 - Have you not played any of the songs that come with Rocksmith itself? It's almost always like that. If you want songs that have the guitar audio removed (which is only possible for cases where people have separate audio tracks for each instrument, often from Rock Band or something), search for "Multitracks" CDLC. There's not a lot for the reason mentioned above, but there are 64 of them at the moment.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Hi Albatross,

I have played loads of the original tracks and official dlc and find that the lead track is low enough that you can hear your own efforts over the top however on the Guns and roses custom dlc I downloaded the lead track was the same volume as my guitar which was difficult to hear over.

Hi Albatross,

I have played loads of the original tracks and official dlc and find that the lead track is low enough that you can hear your own efforts over the top however on the Guns and roses custom dlc I downloaded the lead track was the same volume as my guitar which was difficult to hear over.

You can use the in-game mixer to lower the volume of the music track.

@@Devs71 - Different charters have different preferences - some people like to only hear themselves if they mess up egregiously, others (like me) like to hear everything they do really clearly.

Anyway, in addition to the mixer that @@Wepeel mentioned, you can also adjust the relative levels of the song audio in the Toolkit.

-In the creator tab, click "Import Package" at the bottom center

-Choose the .psarc package you want to modify, then choose where you want the .psarc to be unpacked (this will generate a folder there, which you can delete once you're done adjusting things).

-The third row in the "Song Information" area has the "Song vol.", which has a negative number next to dB. -7 is quieter than -5, and so on. If you think the overall volume in the game is too loud, then decrease this.

-If you want to adjust the tone volumes, go down to "Tones" near the bottom of the page. Click on the tone you want to change the volume of, then click "Edit".

-This brings up a new window. Here, more negative volumes are louder, so -27 will be louder than -25. A few dB is a pretty big change, so it probably makes sense to adjust by only a couple dB at a time unless the tone volume is well and truly inaudible relative to the song, in which case something like 5-7 dB is probably a good place to start.

I hope that helps!

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@Devs71 - Different charters have different preferences - some people like to only hear themselves if they mess up egregiously, others (like me) like to hear everything they do really clearly.

Anyway, in addition to the mixer that @@Wepeel mentioned, you can also adjust the relative levels of the song audio in the Toolkit.

-In the creator tab, click "Import Package" at the bottom center

-Choose the .psarc package you want to modify, then choose where you want the .psarc to be unpacked (this will generate a folder there, which you can delete once you're done adjusting things).

-The third row in the "Song Information" area has the "Song vol.", which has a negative number next to dB. -7 is quieter than -5, and so on. If you think the overall volume in the game is too loud, then decrease this.

-If you want to adjust the tone volumes, go down to "Tones" near the bottom of the page. Click on the tone you want to change the volume of, then click "Edit".

-This brings up a new window. Here, more negative volumes are louder, so -27 will be louder than -25. A few dB is a pretty big change, so it probably makes sense to adjust by only a couple dB at a time unless the tone volume is well and truly inaudible relative to the song, in which case something like 5-7 dB is probably a good place to start.

I hope that helps!

Great answer. Very helpful.