Problem with the sound of my bass.

Kiritobi

Question

Hello ! First of al l thanks for everyone making awesome cdlc here !

I have a problem that I can't literally make my bass sounds good on rocksmith . I'm playing on a musicman bongo 6hh an I don't know why but either I'm super low and can't ear me in a song or either I can ear me buts its like there is a shit tone of bass in it and my sounds is super distortedIf I want it to be close to a regular bass sound I need to almost shut down all my low mid and bass witch make also sounds horrible , this is super weird cause when I play on my amp my sounds is spot on.

Anyone had this problem before ?

6 answers to this question

Did everything sound normal at one time, or has it always been this way for you?

Have you tried configuring your bass through the options menu? I could be wrong, but it sounds like your cable gain setting might be off. You can either change this manually through windows, or often times through the in-game configurations.

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

Yeah since the begging , i didn't really mind at some point because i rarely used my 6 strings for rocksmith but i've discovered a few 6 strings songs that i  can work on on here .

Anyway never had a problem with my guitatrs and my jazz bass only the bongo have this ! 

i create a personal sound witch i change to on any song witch sounds pretty descent but still i need to put the song volume to like 40 to ear myself correctly ahah 

Your bass has active pickups, replace the battery if you haven't in the last two months, even if it's new from the factory as those batteries are often not full, so do that first. A real amp can usually make up for the lower output but the Rocksmith cable can't.

Next things to try:

1) Start Rocksmith and once you're in the main menu alt + tab back to Windows and go to the "Recording"  tab under your audio devices. The Rocksmith cable should be there, double click it and go to the tab "Levels". Set it around 70 as a starter.

Switch back to Rocksmith and see if that makes a difference.

if that hasn't helped or made it worse, tab out and put it back to the previous amount and tab back to Rocksmith.

(note: Rocksmith will reset this value when it every time it starts up).

2) In the main menu hit "ctrl"  and switch to rhythm guitar. Does the distortion remain?

3) Your rocksmith.ini might need fine tuning. There is a good guide on the Ubisoft forums: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/719817-A-guide-to-achieving-low-latency-in-Rocksmith-on-PC-Forums

• Like 1

Music gives a spirit to the universe

wings to the mind, flight to the

imagination, and life to everything.

-Plato

I was thinking it might be the battery too. Also, I thought the game didn't support basses with over 4 strings?

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

Also, I thought the game didn't support basses with over 4 strings?

It doesn't officially, but you can do it. You have to put the 5/6 string bass on a guitar path and hack the guitar tuning to that of a bass. That's what I did with Lines in the Sand, which you can see in action here. If you want to see how I did it, the easiest way to "explain" is for probably just for you to download the .psarc and look at how I have the tuning set up when you import it and edit the rhythm guitar arrangement.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!