Can't import custom tone

Hi.

I am trying to import some custom tones I made ingame to try out with the song but I keep getting an "invalid package" error. Anyone know how to fix that? I was following the tutorial I put below

trying to import the file 8DA9CBC1BA1A4B368D48903D58917780_PRFLDB
on path C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\...USER ID..\221680\remote

It just tells me everytime 'Can't import tones, invalid package'

Importing official dlc tones works without a problem, not sure what I am doing wrong with this one. Did anything change in the process?

Tone Creation process for Rocksmith™
RS custom toolkit expands a lot, so now we able to import Tones directly from game, I'll show you how to use it.
Rocksmith 2014

Requirements:

• Knowledge "how to create CDLC" (go Home if you don't, also read advanced Tutor for EOF)
  • Nightly build of RSToolkit (Get) *Feature added since v2.5.0.0*

Unpack Toolkit somewhere and run it, Now you ready to go.

Main loop:

• Go to Rocksmith and make your custom tone (hope you know how to do that). (save it after all)
  • Test your tone on WIP version of song (assign tones to keys 2-4) switch it in song.
  • Open toolkit and click "Import" (on tones).
  • Change format filter to All files (named as XBOX actually) (*.*)
  • Go to you profile folder (in tone selector dialog)
    Win(32 bit)Steam:
    C:Program FilesSteamuserdataYOUR_USER_ID221680remote
  • Select profile file (which ends on _prfldb).
  • You're done.
  •  

• Developer

@ikwtif  Just tested the above tutorial on latest toolkit beta 2.6.1.0-14cc8a5e and it is still valid method to import tones from user profile (game save).  If you don't have any custom tones in your game save then the toolkit imports nothing, even though it reports 'Tone(s) was imported'.  The 'Invalid Package' error can popup if the game save was not unpacked properly.  Just try again until you get either 'Tone Imported' or see 'Tone List' which means your game save has custom tones that can be imported.   GL

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Hmm not sure what's going on then. I was using the release build, switched to the test build and it's still the same. I have 2 custom tones saved in the game.

After I get the warning and try again I also get an error that the file is still in use by rocksmith toolkit so I guess, like you said, it's something wrong when unpacking the save file. Not sure how to go from here tough. Any ideas? Maybe a log I can turn on? 

• Developer

Could be your save is partially corrupt and can not be read.  Use CGT to repair your save and try with toolkit again.  Follow my signature link to download CGT.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Nothing seems to work (only thing I did not try with the fix was checking the reset uplay rewards)

I even tried a completely new save/profile (removing all files in the 221680/remote and turning cloud saving off in steam) where I just quickly saved a custom tone but still have the same problem. Was going to try offline mode too but couldn't find a seperate save file for that. So I'm out of idea's on how to make it work. Is there a possible other method I can use? Or do you think removing customs would help? 

• Developer

If your profile is in cloud ... I don't think toolkit can access it.  Is that correct master @@Alex360?

If your profile is in cloud ... I don't think toolkit can access it.  Is that correct master @@Alex360?

What do you exactly mean? As far as I am aware, the cloud is just a backup and just syncs the most recent files. I also copied the file to the desktop and tried importing the tones from there to see if it wasn't steam that was interfering.

And like I said, after that, I also tried a completely new profile (with cloud sync off) and got the same error anyway

• Developer

So the toolkit does not like that your game save is upper case.  Change 'PRFLDB' to 'prfldb' and it should work.  It seems the save that you linked to has no custom tones that toolkit can import.

thnx, I'll check this out, with profile I'm able to reproduce things, if you can access profile through explorer tolkit will pick it up too, even if it's on your's remote server, all you need is direct acces to file.

fixed this issue yeah, pushing

So the toolkit does not like that your game save is upper case.  Change 'PRFLDB' to 'prfldb' and it should work.  It seems the save that you linked to has no custom tones that toolkit can import.

Thanks that worked for me. Not sure why the save I uploaded didn't have tones to import, since it works fine for me and I'm fairly sure it's the exact same file.

I had a feeling the name could have messed up something, because the name was so long, so I tried it with removing like more than half of them in the name, but never tought it would have been the caps  :lol:

Any idea why it was saved in caps for me? Maybe because my profile name starts with a letter in caps?

Anyway, thanks for the fast responses. Much appreciated.

• Developer

@@Alex360 "fixed this issue yeah, pushing"  need to also figure out why toolkit is not picking up custom tones from this save.  I can see them with CGT.

@@Alex360 "fixed this issue yeah, pushing"  need to also figure out why toolkit is not picking up custom tones from this save.  I can see them with CGT.

I tried to import the tone again with the file I uploaded (after removing the caps) and it's working fine for me.

I reuploaded my profile here again (still has the caps) maybe you can find out what's wrong by comparing them. But don't think I have even opened the game by then so they should be exactly the same

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e99vahfmskjbtru/8DA9CBC1BA1A4B368D48903D58917780_prfldb?dl=0

@@cozy1, dunno what you talking about, all seems fine tones inplace case-related issue crunched :D
should be fine for now and for user it seems it works too even with renaming at old build.

• Developer

@Alex360  yep, toolkit is picking up his custom tones 1) test and 2) HeyGipsyBoy

@@ikwtif Are you see these now?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy