Which topic do you feel needs a tutorial video?

GetTheLedOut

Question

Hey everyone!

I was thinking of creating an additional tutorial video or two, and I'd love to hear what the community thinks. Which topic would you like to see covered?

My initial thought is to create a sort of "general guide to EoF" which would include authoring/editing notes and tecniques, "fixing GP files, etc. but I'd like to hear which specific areas people might like to see more information on.

Fire away!

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

13 answers to this question

• Administrator

I think we miss tutorial on advanced technique like complexe bend, tapping section (with a correct FHP), using Handshape and Arpeggios marking.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I think we miss tutorial on advanced technique like complexe bend, tapping section (with a correct FHP), using Handshape and Arpeggios marking.

Thanks for the feedback @@firekorn I'll start making a list :)

I'll have to read up on tapping, since I've never had to use/author it in any of my customs. It'd be great if you could point me to a post or topic that discusses how to author it. This way I'd actually know what I'm talking about if I cover it in a video.

Arpeggios and hand shapes would definitely be good ones to show

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

• Administrator

Tapping is more a reference to FHP adjustement (i think everyone can properly set the HO, PO and tap indication on the good note) because that's where the FHP just go crazy with the automated generation.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Tapping is more a reference to FHP adjustement (i think everyone can properly set the HO, PO and tap indication on the good note) because that's where the FHP just go crazy with the automated generation.

Ah, I think I understand. So you'd just want to manually set and maintain the fret hand position to the fret where your left hand is anchored?

• Administrator

Yeah bassically but that could be integrated to the topic of setting FHP overall after thinking a bit more about it (even though many cdlc also miss the correct HO/PO and tap indication but that should import correctly if the GP file is good)

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Ah, I think I understand. So you'd just want to manually set and maintain the fret hand position to the fret where your left hand is anchored?

I think that's right. So probably the easiest way to do it is to generate FHP in EoF, go to the tapping section and delete the automatically generated FHP there, then put in the left hand FHP (some tapping sections will have the left hand move around quite a bit). Not sure how to handle it if the FHP position moves while off the beat, though.

(Edit: And I just realized that's something you can handle. Click on the note and use the left/right arrows and it will move the green line onto the previous/next notes. Is there a keyboard shortcut for this?)

As for other topics I'd like to see, I think something that would really be useful would be something that collected all (or many) of the miscellaneous time saving tips that people have come up with in EoF, and useful functions that people might not know about.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

@@albatross213 I agree completely.

I was thinking of resuming the project from the syncing video tutorial. Start of by going to an unused track and just authoring some basic notes and showing keyboard shortcuts and techniques like slides, arpeggios, linknext, tech notes, etc... then cover "tidying" up the GP tabs and fixing things that don't always import correctly.

The purpose of this thread here was just to see what topics people would want to see included, so thanks for your input as well!

• Like 1

Actually I wish someone would create a tutorial showing how to convert PSARC files to DAT. As much as i enjoy RS2014, I really miss the playing performances in RS2012, and often go back and play in that. I understand that by using the Custom Toolkit, and EoF and Wwise, you can do a conversion so I can play CDLC in the old RS, but I am not that technically minded and would love someone with more skills in these things to give me some pointers...

Not sure if I am alone in this wish, but I would jump for joy to see such a tutorial....

Tks

A Best Practices/Tips tutorial to getting high quality audio would be helpful imo. I saw a mention in @@albatross213's guide but any tips would be great for non audio tech types, like myself.

It's actually not too difficult, to get excellent sounding audio. Maybe @PC_Plum can list out his 37 step process  :lol:  (which does work quite well too).

Is there a particular part that you have questions about?

A Best Practices/Tips tutorial to getting high quality audio would be helpful imo. I saw a mention in @@albatross213's guide but any tips would be great for non audio tech types, like myself.

It's actually not too difficult, to get excellent sounding audio. Maybe @PC_Plum can list out his 37 step process  :lol:  (which does work quite well too).

Yes - I have talked to Plum a bit about this topic but not enough to really understand what I would need to do.

Maybe an intro into the different types of audio files, ranked by quality (.ogg, .mp3, etc...) and then a write up on what can be done (if anything) to enhance each type???? 

Yes - I have talked to Plum a bit about this topic but not enough to really understand what I would need to do.

Maybe an intro into the different types of audio files, ranked by quality (.ogg, .mp3, etc...) and then a write up on what can be done (if anything) to enhance each type???? 

No worries. I'll just PM you and hopefully we can sort it out.