Masterclass: @@albatross213

Congrats to all the winners.

@@albatross213 made not

but
videos! Or
I can be lost :wacko:

The songs for this week are:

Lead Path:
Beginner:  Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On (chosen by @@PierreDole )
Intermediate: N/A
Advanced: Rodrigo y Gabriela - Hanuman (chosen by @@then3verend )
Masterclass: Fishbone - Servitude (chosen by @ )

Rhythm Path:

Beginner: N/A
Intermediate: The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back (chosen by @@albatross213 )
Advanced: Rodrigo y Gabriela - Hanuman
Masterclass: Fishbone - Servitude

Bass Path:

Beginner:  Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On
Intermediate: Royal Blood - Out of the Black (chosen by @@then3verend )
Advanced: The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
Masterclass: Fishbone - Servitude

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard Member:

Playing in their class 4 weeks in row, one pass allowed (not yet updated!)

Honorable list FreeBird Member:

Participating as a FreeBird, without a class ;)

Have a great week!

• Like 3

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I feel like something just flew in my window and kicked my ass.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Hanuman%2077_zps3mm35nga.jpg

Really not what i was expecting and not like anything i played before.  It will be really fun to tackle this one.

• Like 2

Joe Cocker - You Can Leave Your Hat On

So Joe debuts in Championship week before 100th. And we still hadn't played Anthrax...

The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back

I felt that all this barre's make it more of a Intermediate rhythm, as it is high on the fretboard, and some is not that usual.

Fishbone - Servitude

Fishbone goes metal. It's still not for me, though bass is not that bad.

Rodrigo y Gabriela - Hanuman

The biggest surprise of the year - who knew that then3verend can select something good? :lol: Lovely instrumental, it's just brilliant. I will spend with it quite some time this week.

• Like 4

Rocksmith is kinda pointless in these kinds of songs.  It does not detect muting or strumming patterns.  I just mashed the chords and got a score i did not even come close to deserving.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Hanuman%20Rhythm%2095_zpsvierllhq.jpg

• Like 4

Yeah I was debating Hanuman for the rhythm

BUT

if you do the rhythm as how you hear with the correct chords, it will also recognize...I think it will be a fun guide to learn the rhythm

now onto first scores
http://oi58.tinypic.com/b9f0k0.jpg

I'm not the only one that picked a really fun song this week(first time both me and frippchen like the same song?)

It is fairly repetitive, and if you're anywhere near familiar with John Petrucci's riffs this is a piece of cake, with that being said, RIP my pinky. I'll say 8 for difficulty, just personal feeling.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2vi1sly.jpg

Thanks chord recognition, screw you too

Same structure as the bass, 8 on difficulty

Quality ratings later in the week, but I will say I loved the tone for rhythm, I had made a tone very similar for my streams that I use. so 10 out of 10 would guitar again

EDIT: What was wrong with Uncle Toms Cabin? Wish you Were Here? Black Magic?

I just think I've been on a skid past Addicted to That Rush @@Mortalo

• Like 6

Many nice scores on all songs :)

Adv Bass: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=517079459Well, I know where THAT needs work!

Beg Bass:  http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/616221072374527858/01A363A3B6A95605EA4397F0931536F50A13C0FB/

Can't be bothered tuning down at the moment for Royal Blood, may do in the week.

Fishbone can fuck right off... I have white finger from practicing all day ( I am still mad at you @@Mortalo :P .) and that S.O.B is just gonna aggravate it :(  :no_good:

• Like 6

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

@ My reasoning for requesting was Royal Blood is just Bass and Drums, its an effect he does with his amps and its awesome, the guitar path shouldnt even exist.

I didnt say anything during the week we played little monster because i didnt know, when I saw them over the summer it was incredible how he could do that(his frickin amp setup was tasty). That and I really wanted a good solid bass song to accompany Hanuman, and Out of The Black seemed like a beautiful fit.

I'll admit this was more me testing the opposite of the "If it has bass then it cant be guitar only" rule of the selection process. Where what if an instrument that doesnt exist in the song gets charted.

If its really a problem...we never did see bass for Ironbound...

• Like 1

We didn't play bass for Ironbound because it was like... crap? :P

And nev is right @ - Royal Blood has 2 members - one on bass and one on drums. You can't get closer to Bass-Only then that :)

Not clean for Guitar-Only is 4 Non Blondes ;)

PS. This new :) smile is just too creepy. Former one was way more gentle.

• Like 1

@@Mortalo We put Ironbound in for guitar because of Addicted to That Rush...I havent said anything because its a nice backup in case I select a shoddy song one week. (or ohhhhh, you probably mean the song sounds like crap...)

But Woot, I got a favorable judgment on the internet, I'm going to be a great Paralegal :D

Ahh, I was like - "What was wrong? [checking SSL - nothing is wrong :huh: ] Ahh, you've selected it, ahh"

Answer is simple - it was long time ago and that wasn't any obscure bands that I didn't knew (except Warrant - which I disliked ^_^ ).

With that being said, RIP my pinky. I'll say 8 for difficulty, just personal feeling.

I don't know what you mean. I think I only used mine once during this playthrough, and that was a mistake:

http://i.imgur.com/mfgdP4S.jpg

Edit:

Also, @ - since you mentioned it for "Call of Ktulu", I think the measures early in the song all start a quarter note early - this is especially notable if you RR some of the riffs around there, as they all start and end mid-riff. This seems to rectify itself by the end of the solo section.

As hinted at by the text above my screenshot, I think the main riff can be made easier by converting many of the A's played on the E string to open A's. Though that might make it harder to read, so I'm not 100% sure about that. Anyway, they either surround other notes played on the A string or are isolated, so I don't really see why they should be played on the E.

Sync and tones were awesome. Great job!

On other topics, "I Want You Back" should be a good one for the advanced bassists. It's one of the first songs that I really tried learning once I picked my bass back up at the start of this year, and was great motivation for getting back into it and learning new techniques. I'd say that most of the song is probably low advanced level, but the riff in the interlude is easily masterclass - I still don't really have the hang of that one.

For "Out of the Black", I actually think this one could arguably be the hardest of the bass tracks. The main part of the song isn't too hard, but there's a good amount of position shifts and such, which might be enough to cause a few misses for intermediate players. But where the difficulty really comes in is that last riff. That one totally messed me up the first time I played the song (to the tune of a 94%), and even after a bit of RR I still was pretty shaky on it and only hit 99.1% or something around there. So that will tear the intermediates a new one.

Oh, and I need to hit the SSL.

Edited by albatross213
  • Like 3

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

xD

Ahh, I was like - "What was wrong? [checking SSL - nothing is wrong :huh: ] Ahh, you've selected it, ahh"

Answer is simple - it was long time ago and that wasn't any obscure bands that I didn't knew (except Warrant - which I disliked ^_^ ).

xD well shoot, 3 of my current selections arent exactly "Unknown" bands. I do believe my "fun" factor of these requests will be great again.

I will say I do have quite a few obscure bands(I've never heard of them until they were requested) coming in the requests soon, and they are all different genres! :D

• Like 2

@@albatross213  I use my pinky on those 5s

I know. But I think it's a lot easier to play by just playing them all on the A string. Under the solo and after it you can also play all of the notes without the pinky pretty easily with small hand position shifts (though I used my pinky once under the solo). So while it's quite hard on the pinky as tabbed, you can actually play the whole song without ever using it.

• Like 1

@@albatross213  I use my pinky on those 5s

I know. But I think it's a lot easier to play by just playing them all on the A string. Under the solo and after it you can also play all of the notes without the pinky pretty easily with small hand position shifts (though I used my pinky once under the solo). So while as tabbed it's quite hard on the pinky, you can actually play the whole song without ever using it.

but if your pinky is strong enough, the line "Feels" a lot more controllable.

Then again, personal preference :stuck_out_tongue:

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@albatross213 think I know what you mean, it's easier with the open A string, maybe I'll cange this tomorrow. There are often various ways to tab something, and often I wonder which is the best. I don't remember why I decided for it like it is, but it has any reason for sure

http://up.picr.de/23094166bh.jpg

http://up.picr.de/23094178vz.jpg

http://up.picr.de/23094157ya.jpg

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I'm traveling most of this week so I'll only have today and tomorrow, and most of the days are filled up with the honey dew list.

Joe Cocker - a cool groove and lots of fun 99%

I don't have time to perfect it this week.  Maybe I'll taunt the FreeBird police by carrying it over into next week.

Jackson 5 - also lots of fun.  I'd been working on this one a few months back and never quite got my speed where it needs to be.  So far, I'm back up to  on it. 94% but I'm expecting to improve.

I won't have time to do anything serious with Fishbone, so I'll try the other one in a minute

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

I will say this, If Bat Country is the MC Bass song next week, and an ex-mc bassist returns. I will probably s*** my pants.

It will go down as the biggest surprise of the year for me, and FF7 remake was unveiled this year so uhh...yeah.

Cant wait for week 100, I made a special video for my Freebird induction as well ;)

• Like 1

We should do something special for week 100!

I'm pretty sure there have been comments about there being special-ness for both 100 and 101.

• Like 2

@@albatross213 think I know what you mean, it's easier with the open A string, maybe I'll cange this tomorrow. There are often various ways to tab something, and often I wonder which is the best. I don't remember why I decided for it like it is, but it has any reason for sure

There are definitely arguments to be made for the way you tabbed it. As I mentioned above, it's often easier to read fretted notes rather than muted notes. As @@then3verend implies, it can also be easier to mute fretted notes (stop fretting) than open notes.

So exactly what you decide is the best way is up to you. I'd say the A before the notes that are currently played on the A string should definitely be open notes. The ones after... I think it depends somewhat on what you think the most natural plucking pattern is, how easy it is to mute them when you return to the E string (I find it pretty easy to do it using my fret hand by having my fingers low rather than arched), and what transitions best into the chorus (here I'd say the open note. But you could definitely have that one time be different if you like the fretted note elsewhere for the other reasons).

I will say this, If Bat Country is the MC Bass song next week, and an ex-mc bassist returns. I will probably s*** my pants.

It will go down as the biggest surprise of the year for me, and FF7 remake was unveiled this year so uhh...yeah.

That would be a very WWE twist!