Found Possible alternative to using Audiokinetic Wwise!

So we all know that Wwise is a massive pig for such a small task of converting a file, so I did some digging. 

A team that does modding for other games has created a tool that encodes wav to wwise. 

http://forums.lastbullet.net/showthread.php?tid=101

I have yet to try it, but it does seem to output wwise files. The issue is whether or not it uses the correct sound output formats. 

But, this does mean that it's possible to export to/from wwise. If it was possible to build this into EOF or RSToolkit, it would save a ton of trouble and bloat for a lot of people. and essentially skip a step, because it's very easy to convert from mp3/whatever to ogg.

Open to suggestions for new songs to track.

Great, I saw C# port of the ww2ogg but C# app with sources that can encode ogg\wav to wem (adpcm isn't our case but) it's a good start. I think We'll get Crossplatform toolkit very soon(I mean fully crossplatform, idk if ddc will be ported by Chlipouni)

• Like 1

Why is Wwise a hog?

Minimum install works for converting and is 150mb or something.

He probably means the folders that it makes and the hundreds of megabytes of crap that it wants to throw into them by default.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Why is Wwise a hog?

Minimum install works for converting and is 150mb or something.

He probably means the folders that it makes and the hundreds of megabytes of crap that it wants to throw into them by default.

Exactly this. And the huge list of complicated parameters you need to literally convert from one format to another. 

• Like 1

Open to suggestions for new songs to track.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy